Bloomberg L.P. Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

it was very simple and casual, i met with my (potential) manager -- interview lasted about an hour and the next week I got an offer. This was several years ago and seems to have changed significantly. I was also recommended by a current employee. This is the fastest way to get a job here, find someone you know who works there and have them submit your resume.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is about the Bloomberg culture. Be upbeat, talk about doing whatever it takes and show that you want to be a part of a team. The culture and values are the #1 reason they hire people. If the interviewer doesn't think you will be a good fit then you wont get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was pretty simple. I told them what I wanted and what I was currently making and they increased my base by about 10% but highlighted all the "free benefits" (that has changed as you now pay a nominal fee for healthcare costs).

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with several employees for the final round of interviews which took a whole day (just short) you interview with a group in several rounds and they ask depending on your background knowledge different experience on finance and your experience

Interview Questions

• Where do you see interest rates heading in this environment?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2018.

Interview

Four or five interviews in total. First is a video interview, and then a group interview. After that are two or three round one on one interview. All the interviews were held in three days, but it took more than 3 monthes to get feedback.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Stressful due to rapid fire questioning and cold demeanor but process only required a quick call and 2 interviews. The second interview resulted in a formal job offer. everyone seemed fairly pleasant except the interviewer who is no longer with the company,

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part about sales   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Application, followed by test, followed by phone interview, 1st round, and 2nd round. Final round if successful

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2009.

Interview

took a long time to wait for a reply.
    bloomberg screened thousands of candidates that might be a possible reason.
    group interview in first round.
    1:1 in second round.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews.

Interview Questions

• if it takes 29 frogs, 29 minutes to catch 29 flies. How many frogs does it take to catch 87 flies if you gave them 87 minutes?   1 Answer
    • Add the numbers from 1-100. i.e. 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 ......   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rough

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

Interview

I applied to bloomberg twice online. No matter they give the offer or not, the hiring process is fast and efficient. I always receive feedback within 2-3 days. I like the process in the sense that the clear cut way of doing things fits better in the fast changing business world.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2010.

Interview

Very simple behavioral questions that you would find on any other interview (i.e. teamwork, previous internships/jobs, classes, organizations, etc). Threw a curveball with "Tell me what's going on in the news right now," but I was prepared to answer since I read the Wall Street Journal everyday (recommend the same for everyone).

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview with HR was great, very nice lady really interested in learning about my personality. When i went in person to meet 2 people from the salesteam - a manager and a sales person, I was in shock.
    They asked questions such as "what are the 2 carachteristics you will bring to bloomberg that are going to 'wow' us?". No questions about my performance, my sales skills, etc. It is as if they had a silly script. Hated every second of it, and felt really stupid, being a experienced professional with 10 years experience and an MBA, being asked so many stupid questions.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to Bloomberg that is going to 'wow' us?   1 Answer
    • Selling Bloomberg terminal is very "difficult and technical", can you do it?   1 Answer