Bloomberg L.P. Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Stressful due to rapid fire questioning and cold demeanor but process only required a quick call and 2 interviews. The second interview resulted in a formal job offer. everyone seemed fairly pleasant except the interviewer who is no longer with the company,

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part about sales   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

it was very simple and casual, i met with my (potential) manager -- interview lasted about an hour and the next week I got an offer. This was several years ago and seems to have changed significantly. I was also recommended by a current employee. This is the fastest way to get a job here, find someone you know who works there and have them submit your resume.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is about the Bloomberg culture. Be upbeat, talk about doing whatever it takes and show that you want to be a part of a team. The culture and values are the #1 reason they hire people. If the interviewer doesn't think you will be a good fit then you wont get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was pretty simple. I told them what I wanted and what I was currently making and they increased my base by about 10% but highlighted all the "free benefits" (that has changed as you now pay a nominal fee for healthcare costs).

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I met with people in my first and second interview that had a long tenure (15+yrs) at Bloomberg. It seemed they were institutionalised. The interview was functional, in the sense they wanted to know what I could do for them and that was it. There were no questions about what I enjoy, what motivated me and what I do. Simply zero interest in me as a person. I have no issues about what I can do for them but having little or no interest about me does not bode well. There was little or in the case of my second interview no time for my own questions and, when I did ask in my first, one of the interviewers retorted with "I did not know I was going to be interviewed". Not a great response as its supposed to be a two-way meeting. My sense is that people get wowed by the reception, the shiny screens, the trendy office and lulled into a false sense of security. This is a corporate machine facing massive pressures and the demands placed on staff would be huge. Face up to that and you will be just fine.

Interview Questions

• Why was I made redundant from my previous role? It seemed they were prejudiced for some reason.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Called me in order to understand my curriculum and my previous jobs. The interviewer was very polite and nice to me. After one week they told me I have been invited to the next personal interview. The recruiters were very communicative and easy going.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online with a referral. Then, I got an email reply for a phone interview arrangement. It was the first stage interview that lasted around 30 minutes.

Need to be prepared to know about their product thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Talk me through your work experiences   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then 1-1 interviews - with direct managers and two levels up..Then with HR again. .......... Can't remember too much details. Overall the process was very smooth and fast.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a good salesperson and great salesperson?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Application, followed by test, followed by phone interview, 1st round, and 2nd round. Final round if successful

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online on website. Got email about availability for interview after around 1 week of application. Interview 4 days later with 2 people. Interview lasted around 40 min. Nice office building. Friendly people. Got standard email 4 days later with no...
    Next step would be role play and next 1:1 with manager.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions on experience, education, why bloomberg, how i would fit ect.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in November 2011.

Interview

got a call from Bloomberg HR.
    Next day arranged a 1:1 interview. the interview consist of a lot of market knowledge about different asset classes. It is very fair you just need to know and back what you put on your CV.
    also a lot of questions about your experience and how will react to different situatins.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the debt crisis in europe?   Answer Question
    • How would you recommend to buy a specific stock in a field and what ratios you would use?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2011.

Interview

I applied to bloomberg twice online. No matter they give the offer or not, the hiring process is fast and efficient. I always receive feedback within 2-3 days. I like the process in the sense that the clear cut way of doing things fits better in the fast changing business world.