Bloomberg L.P. Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

2 on 1 interviews. Market knowledge is very important

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I was out of state and applied for the BLAW Sales rep position. About two months later, I got a call from the HR rep. The interview process was pretty standard and the final presentation was a test of your sales skills. I was in a room of about 4-5 members of the sales team. I was given some promotional material (they do not give you access to the platform because they want to see you sell the product) and a scenario surrounding my meeting with the team (posing as a fictional law firm). Be prepared for anything because what I was told by the HR rep was not the actual scenario I was given at the interview.

Bloomberg Law is a different culture from what you will find in the legal information industry. They all report to an office (industry standard is to work from home) and it is an open environment. No offices or even cubicles. A very entrepreneurial culture for the company.

I don't know if they have had bad experiences in the past with people from my current employment, but they kept repeating how you cannot slack off at Bloomberg. I went to top schools and made century club in sales last year, so I was a little confused about the constant mention of not being able to slack off.

Interview Questions

• In one of my 1:1 interviews a sales rep asked me to do a mock phone call with her about what I would say to a GC.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple rounds - 1 on 1 with 3 different individuals.

For another internal role had one 2-on-1 and an additional two 1 on 1s.

No canned questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked for honest opinion of current role which I was moving from because I didn't like it. Detailing out issues with current role and how I had tried to be constructive about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA - Wouldn't negotiate but took my existing salary and said I would be able to discuss with them at year end.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Met with 4-5 different persons in management. Interview process was long and drawn out over time. It spanned a few months and multiple interviews (about 8 meetings) before an offer was finally made.

Interview Questions

• What are Credit Default Swaps? What do you know about Fixed Income?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed originally with a phone interview with a sales manager, then a sales rep. The process was cut short there as the position was filled and they would not be able to have me work part time (I was still in school at the time), but they told me they'd be back in touch when I graduated later that year. At that point, I had an phone chat with the head of the department, and then interview with a sales rep over the phone. I was then invited for an in person interview with a sales manager and sales rep, and then with the head of the department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Katy, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went well as a peer interview. The team setting was round table discussion with questions asked by the interviewers. Many of the team were employees that would have been my subordinates.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a short phone call that touched on behavioral questions and basic knowledge about Bloomberg. They take a very friendly tone and do not ask anything too technical. The woman who conducted my interview was late to call but seemed enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a current event you've been following   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2018.

Interview

30mins job shadowing and 30 mins interview. The Hr would lead you to one of staffs in sales team and let the staff show you what the basic job is on daily basis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

There are 8 questions in the video interview. Most of them are rare and tricky, and very hard to come up with an acceptable answer in 60 seconds. For example, I was given a certain scenario with clients and asked to offer a brief verbal solution in one minute.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Very fast and efficient. Went through the standard phone call and then in-person interview. I didn't find it very difficult. They wanted me to prove my sales skills by selling a pen during the interview.