Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.1

162 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I interview for the position in the London office. The interview process - at least in my specific case - was extremely long (around 5 months) and stressful because of that.
It's structured as follows:

- Numerical Reasoning Test;
- Phone interview (October), which is merely motivational (very few technical questions) and lasts for about 45minutes;
- Face-to-face with Analytics and Sales TLs (November). In this specific interview you get grilled with technical questions - so be prepared. Both situational cases and technical questions (define hedging, what is a call option, what is a straddle, sell me an option). In my opinion this was the hardest interview because interviewers are trained to make you feel under pressured and to a certain extent uncomfortable. It lasted for about 1h and 30m;
- Face-to-face with Managers (February). I loved this interview. I felt like they really wanted to get to know me as a person rather than as a candidate to test my fit in the Bloomberg culture.

Overall, tough and long process. But, in the end, I was offered the position so I guess it was worth the pain. (?)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was first given the directions to complete an online recorded interview. I was told by a recruiter that I would be contacted within 5 business days of completing it but i didn't hear back until the 7 or 8th day because the recruiter was on vacation. I then went through a quick phone screen and now am going to super day this week. I feel like the recruiting team could be more effective with communication.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent financial event and how it affects Bloomberg customers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at Bloomberg LP in NYC. The process took about a month from start to finish. The office was phenomenal and the people seemed great too. The super day is split up into a few different components; an office tour, a q&a segment, a case study, and back to back interviews with sales and analytics managers. The questions were technical but nothing unexpected. The competition is tough, they bring in great groups of interns for a reason

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was great in the sense that they paid for all travel expenses however the questions were specific pertaining to economics which is not my field of expertise despite many new hires had English degrees, not Economics degrees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview -- not very specific or conversational. very formal, asked a lot of questions about the logistics of the role, and its location. The role was really a help desk role. The interviewer didnt seem very friendly, I am sure he does a lot of these interviews so it is understandable.

Interview Questions

• tell me a bit about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process wasn't too bad. The person I interviewed with was pretty bland, not too interesting. You have to display a passion for finance as well as an interest in the financial market. You really have to know a lot about the position as well as what it is that Bloomberg does. I received more questions about the company than my skills overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe the financial market right now.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Bloomberg? Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the roles you believe you will be taken on for this job. (Basically, explain the job roles that you think this position requires.)   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Bloomberg terminal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Then had a phone interview. After that I went to NY for a video interview with the San Francisco team. After that I interview with the head of the analytic s desk for NY. The next day I received an offer

Interview Questions

• What are you following in the financial markets?   Answer Question
    • If interests rates go up what happens to bond prices? How much was the latest rate rise?   1 Answer
    • What are the three most important skills for a sales man   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

1st round- casual < 15 minute phone call. (tell me about yourself, what are you following in financial news? what is you understanding of this position?)
    Super Day: 3 hours total- 1 hour casual tour and q&a with a tour guide, 2 thirty minute interviews with sales and analytics department leaders, group activity using terminal.
    about 30 applicants total were at the Super Day, there are a total of 4 Super Days, hard to make yourself stand out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Bloomberg? Strengths/ weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I Applied back in November. Later heard back 3 weeks to schedule phone interview. Received a phone interview that week. It was a Phone Interview that lasted about 20 mins. I heard back the next day inviting me for a super day. Participated in a super day the next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

First round is your basic 15-30 minute phone interview. They started off going through HR Q's about your work eligibility and then overall GPA. Not really any fit or behavioral questions mainly just ones that revolved around my interest in the company and position.

Interview Questions

• Was surprised that they didn't ask the standard "tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume"
      1. What you know about Analytics & Sales and why this career path is suitable for me
      2. Familiarity with the Terminal
      3. 3 characteristics necessary for success in sales
      4. Which position on my resume did I learn the most from or is most relevant to the position
      5. Companies you applied to
      6. News story you've been following/ "what's the biggest news story right now?"
      7. Asked about my familiarity with the location of the internship and why I'd like to work there
      8. Talk about any employee connections you have   Answer Question