Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, with pretty simple questions about yourself and the Financial Markets. Know your resume very well and be able to talk about highlights that you've accomplished.

I was emailed the next day after the phone interview to come in for their super day. On the super day I had two one on one interviews with employees in both the sales department and analytics department. In all honesty, I'm not quite sure how some of those people got a job there. The guy that was showing us the terminal literally told us that his interview was the first time he had heard the term "Bloomberg Terminal."

Overall I really loved the environment there though. People were really friendly and everyone seemed passionate about what they were doing.

Maybe it's just the immense amounts of food they have around the building that keep everyone motivated.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me one thing you're following right now in the markets?   1 Answer
  • Describe the terminal to someone who has no idea what it is.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Hong Kong assessment centre was good and challenging. There were five sessions in total, involving sales, group exercise, customer experience, Bloomberg Terminal, shadowing and how to prioritise. Overall a good experience with the HK team.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I applied online for the internship position and heard back within a week to set up a phone interview. The woman called within her time frame but seemed very uninterested and I wondered how many she had had that day alone. Her first question/command was to "walk me through your resume and why you chose bloomberg" I was flustered at first and her only follow up question was why I chose finance.
    After approximately 10 minutes we ended the conversation and I felt very uneasy. Nonetheless 3 weeks later I received an email for a super day. The in office super day is next week and I'm doing my very best to prepare for it since Bloomberg is my top/target company

Interview Questions

• why finance? do you have any questions for me?(always prepare questions) WHY BLOOMBERG?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and got first phone interview from HongKong 20 days later. Basically just some behavior questions and how much do you know Bloomberg and its culture, products and competitors. The second phone call focused on how much do I fit with this company, what is your leadership experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you used Bloomberg terminal?If so, what do you think is its most impressive part?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Why Bloomberg? Why Sales and Analytics? Tell me about yourself. THOSE ARE THE EASY PARTS.

Eventually, they will grill you with questions regarding the financial industry. Know your stuff very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university career services website in January. Once the application process was over in February I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with a lady in HR, lasted about 15 minutes, and was almost entirely behavioral. The interviewer was a bit monotone, and seemed fairly uninterested in the conversation. A few days later I received an email saying that Bloomberg would not be continuing the process with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you know about Bloomberg's services? What are you following in the markets? Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Had to meet with a few people, asked questions about currently climate of the industry and why I would like to work at bloomberg. After this section I was told they would like me to stay for the remainder of the day to speak with their head of sales & analytics. I sat down with him and he asked me to sell him an app, I proceeded to sell him an app. After I proceeded to shadow a currently employee, this consisted of me watching her take chats one after the other. The following day I received a phone call asking if i could start within the next 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why bloomberg?
      What is the currently climate of the finance industry?
      Why do I want to be in finance? In reality this isn't a real finance role despite what you may think.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2012.

Interview

Not too bad, the recruiter I spoke with was encouraging but truthful. As a finance student in college - bloomberg was what I thought I wanted in a career. The position seemed more sales focused. You're allowed to pick two markets to focus on...but it was still about selling terminals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted for a short phone screen with HR, followed by a Superday at the headquarters in NYC. There candidates were interviewed with 2 separate employees in a "speed-dating-like" fashion. Touring the building and a tutorial on the Bloomberg terminals were also included in the NYC day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

First there is a phone interview and then a superday. On the superday, about 30-40 other candidates are being interviewed at the same time as you. They have about 12 people from sales and analytics interviewing in three rounds. While other groups are interviewing, you get an overview of the terminal and a tour through the building.