Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview, with pretty simple questions about yourself and the Financial Markets. Know your resume very well and be able to talk about highlights that you've accomplished.

I was emailed the next day after the phone interview to come in for their super day. On the super day I had two one on one interviews with employees in both the sales department and analytics department. In all honesty, I'm not quite sure how some of those people got a job there. The guy that was showing us the terminal literally told us that his interview was the first time he had heard the term "Bloomberg Terminal."

Overall I really loved the environment there though. People were really friendly and everyone seemed passionate about what they were doing.

Maybe it's just the immense amounts of food they have around the building that keep everyone motivated.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me one thing you're following right now in the markets?   1 Answer
  • Describe the terminal to someone who has no idea what it is.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Hong Kong assessment centre was good and challenging. There were five sessions in total, involving sales, group exercise, customer experience, Bloomberg Terminal, shadowing and how to prioritise. Overall a good experience with the HK team.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Had to meet with a few people, asked questions about currently climate of the industry and why I would like to work at bloomberg. After this section I was told they would like me to stay for the remainder of the day to speak with their head of sales & analytics. I sat down with him and he asked me to sell him an app, I proceeded to sell him an app. After I proceeded to shadow a currently employee, this consisted of me watching her take chats one after the other. The following day I received a phone call asking if i could start within the next 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why bloomberg?
      What is the currently climate of the finance industry?
      Why do I want to be in finance? In reality this isn't a real finance role despite what you may think.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview which was very scripted. Later that night I was informed by email that I would be moving onto the next round on site. The on site interview consisted of a terminal activity for all of the candidates and then a personal interview with two Bloomberg employees. Bloomberg paid for flights, hotel, and additional travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the latest Bloomberg Businessweek cover?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

The HR contact was quick to get back to me to set up an interview after having applied online. I applied for a recent-grad program at Bloomberg and there was a specific team dedicated to hiring people right out of college. While the process was fast and easy, the person on the phone was rude and so obviously eating lunch/CHEWING while speaking with me. I did not enjoy the lack of professionalism. I also asked a few questions in which she found stupid as she scoffed a few times and threw me some attitude.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a few things about Bloomberg, the news, which recent event in the financial world I took notice of, how my abilities would support Bloomberg sales and what I know about data/analytics..   1 Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2012.

Interview

Not too bad, the recruiter I spoke with was encouraging but truthful. As a finance student in college - bloomberg was what I thought I wanted in a career. The position seemed more sales focused. You're allowed to pick two markets to focus on...but it was still about selling terminals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. After some back and forth, we were able to make an appointment (East Coast US - UK time difference..). The interviewer was very friendly. There was a noticeable delay during the conversation, which made it difficult sometimes. I feel the interview would have been easier to complete face to face or at least with some sort of video link.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bloomberg? What do you know about the Bloomberg Terminal? Who are Bloomberg's rival companies? Have you been following a market-related story recently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through company website. Initial contact and informational interview from HR. 2nd and 3rd interviews over the phone, one with Sales and one with Analytics desk. Final at the NY office. Overall, the interviews weren't too taxing. Know a lot about the company, what they do, culture, why you fit in, etc. Have a general understanding of the markets, financial statements and what role Bloomberg plays.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I had 1 initial phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was then called in for a super-day in the New York office, which consisted of 2, 30-minute interviews (1 with someone in sales, 1 with someone in analytics). They gave us a tour of the building and a demo of the terminal. No prior knowledge of the terminal is required. I got the internship and eventually got a full-time offer!

Phone Interview Questions:
    Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a piece of financial news you have been following. What do you know about Bloomberg? Why sales and analytics?

In-Person Interview Questions:
    Similar to phone interview, but with a little more in depth. Went through my resume and asked me specific questions about each bullet point (know your resume in depth). Sell me this pencil. How many gas stations are in the United States? Why Bloomberg over an investment bank? What are 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses? Tell us about a time when you took a leadership role working in a group. What are the qualities of a good salesperson?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Why Bloomberg? Why Sales and Analytics? Tell me about yourself. THOSE ARE THE EASY PARTS.

Eventually, they will grill you with questions regarding the financial industry. Know your stuff very well.