Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first step was a video interview with 5 questions: why bloomberg, why analytics, what are you following in the market, have you ever sold a product or an idea, where do you see yourself in 3-5 years.
The second one was an on-office interview. It took 4 hours and it included: company's presentation, Terminal shadowing session, office tour, and one-hour interview with Sales TL and Analytics TL. They mostly asked behavioral questions about dealing with a client.
On the 25th of January I will do my last interview. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• why bloomberg, why analytics, what are you following in the market, have you ever sold a product or an idea, where do you see yourself in 3-5 years   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

First stage was a phone interview. It might just have been in my case but I found this one the most difficult.
    The second stage was a face2face round one with one representative from analytics and one from sales, then there were two more interview rounds before the offer. They are very quick in letting you know if you moved on to the next step in the process, usually within 24h

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

It was a skype interview. I just passed the online step and got to go in the Paris office to skype with the London office. It was a first good overview of the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe a recent event on the financial markets ?
      Why Nestle would use our terminal ?

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Online form and cover letter
    Psychometric tests (Bloomberg's own)
    Phone interview with HR - not too tricky just know what a future/option is incase you get asked a technical question
    Assessment day (including a 2-1 interview and tour of the office, talks from employees)
    Final Skype interview 2 days later with a manager in Analytics

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Finished an online numerical test following the online application form. CV, Cover Letter and additional questions are included in the online application form. The numerical test is relatively easy since it is untimed. A phone interview conducted with a HR in the following step. It lasts around 30min.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?
      What is Bloomberg?
      Why sales & analytics?
      Why you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by an Online numerical test about basic future price and calculations and if successful you are offered a one-on-one telephone interview.
    I have applied vie the Bloomberg website after a university career fair.

Interview Questions

• Q: Who is your favorite Bloomberg TV broadcaster ?   1 Answer

Analytics and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First, you should apply online, then complete a numerical test(not different and no time limited), then 30-minute telephone interview(about career motivation, financial market and financial news, their product and clients) before being invited to the offices for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the market risks at present?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was great in the sense that they paid for all travel expenses however the questions were specific pertaining to economics which is not my field of expertise despite many new hires had English degrees, not Economics degrees.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I took the Bloomberg Aptitude Test (BAT), a finance aptitude test, nearly a year and half before I was contacted about this position. I had indicated when I would be finished with my masters, so they emailed me about this job. I had 5 rounds of interviews: 3 phone interviews, 1 video conference from the Paris office to the London office, and 1 in-house interview in London (final interview). I started the application process in June and finished the interviewing process in September. I believe it took unusually long and normally happens much quicker.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative solution you have ever come up with in a previous job?
      What do you consider a challenging workplace?
      Questions about selling the terminals to banks...
      Why Bloomberg, etc...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process wasn't too bad. The person I interviewed with was pretty bland, not too interesting. You have to display a passion for finance as well as an interest in the financial market. You really have to know a lot about the position as well as what it is that Bloomberg does. I received more questions about the company than my skills overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe the financial market right now.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Bloomberg? Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the roles you believe you will be taken on for this job. (Basically, explain the job roles that you think this position requires.)   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Bloomberg terminal?   Answer Question