Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.1

163 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analytics and Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Initially the process involved basic application questions in the Career Section (Why Bloomberg? Why Sales? etc.) Then completed a numeral reasoning test (fairly short and straightforward). The following step comprised a video-interview where I had to record my answers (roughly 5-10 questions). The final step was an interview with my team leader/s which lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Which of our products can help a client raise capital efficiently?   Answer Question
  • Can you talk me through Bloomberg's products and services?   Answer Question
  • Can you briefly share your thoughts on Brexit and how the decision impacted financial markets globally?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very long, badly organised. The team leaders do not know anything about you and they just show up there with questions to make you fail the interview. Not pleasant. Bad treatment. Such a shame that big companies hire these kind of people to carry out the interviews. They called me three times to male sure that the languages I spoke were in accordance with their database.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

short
    difficult
    technical questions
    not very friendly
    but the recruitment team and their ambassadors were nice

case study
    expected to have high level of finance knowledge even if they sell you the idea that you can come from any background they ask technical questions with no preparation time and are surprised if you don't know them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I am still in the process of recruitment. I passed my video interview and the video interview actually consisted of about 10 questions rather than 4,5 as mentioned by some on here. There were some very technical questions relating to current affairs as well.

Analytics and Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

6 Stages for me:
    1. Application on Bloomberg's Career website
    2. Online video questions (no humans involved, just you answering questions in limited time to a camera).
    3. HR's interview via phone
    4. Video conference call (one's from sales, one's from analytics). Did this at my own place (Bloomberg didn't have their presence there).
    5. Video conference call (with head of sales, another team leader). They flew me to their office.

Notes:
    - Make sure to be extremely prepared to get questioned on things you've listed on your resume. If you've been in sales role before, you'll get asked; if you had a financial internship, you'll get asked.
    - Have some knowledge on world news will greatly help with the video-recording interview and video conference interview later on.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview went well- the HR guy was really helpful and sent me loads of links to further read and prepare for face to face interview. I had applied for the role years earlier and was redacted to the extra support and guidance was very useful. I also tried to remember and mention al the financial products that Bloomberg has other than the terminal. I also caught up with major financial news for the region i was applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview -- not very specific or conversational. very formal, asked a lot of questions about the logistics of the role, and its location. The role was really a help desk role. The interviewer didnt seem very friendly, I am sure he does a lot of these interviews so it is understandable.

Interview Questions

• tell me a bit about yourself   1 Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Cape Town (South Africa)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied Online

Telephone Interview within a week - Went well

Video Interview at offices in Cape Town with UK line managers - Okay but nerve wrecking

After the second interview, I did not hear from them at all. They could have at least sent a regret email to tell em that I am not moving forward as opposed to having me wait anxiously.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first step was a video interview with 5 questions: why bloomberg, why analytics, what are you following in the market, have you ever sold a product or an idea, where do you see yourself in 3-5 years.
    The second one was an on-office interview. It took 4 hours and it included: company's presentation, Terminal shadowing session, office tour, and one-hour interview with Sales TL and Analytics TL. They mostly asked behavioral questions about dealing with a client.
    On the 25th of January I will do my last interview. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• why bloomberg, why analytics, what are you following in the market, have you ever sold a product or an idea, where do you see yourself in 3-5 years   1 Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

First stage was a phone interview. It might just have been in my case but I found this one the most difficult.
    The second stage was a face2face round one with one representative from analytics and one from sales, then there were two more interview rounds before the offer. They are very quick in letting you know if you moved on to the next step in the process, usually within 24h