Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

3.1

170 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales and Analytics Interview

Interview

fast tracked from an app then online interview.
the online interview didn't ask particularly technical questions but more about motivation, past experience etc
online interview was interesting and not too difficult.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online after a career fair. The first round is a pre recorded video interview with 5 or 6 questions about Bloomberg, financial markets and fit.
    Then first interview with two team leaders (analytics). They usually check the languages on your CV. Basic questions about a financial story, why bloomberg, what is your understanding of the role and two role plays (one for sale, the other for analytics).
    After that, interview with two managers (sales and analytics). Once again questions about sales, helping clients, bloomberg, finance...
    Never made it to the last round with the head of sales and analytics.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg
      What is your understanding of the role
      Can you tell me about a financial story you follow   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then had a video interview which consisted of 9 questions and you had 90 seconds to answer them. Now onto a team leader interview which is tomorrow

Analytics and Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online through a referral. In 3 days I received a link to Numerical Reasoning Test which has to be done within 3 business days. I passed the Test and received a link to a video interview to be done within 3 business days. The interview gives you one practice question to get used to the camera and feel comfortable. After that there are 9 questions with 30 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to answer each.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly focused on Bloomberg, its core products, financial market tendencies and approach to customers. So, answering one of the questions one has to explain his motivation to join Bloomberg. There was also a question about the Analytics department: a candidate has to explain how he understands its role. Another question was about meeting with a prospective client: how should a sales manager prepare for a meeting.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Obtained an on-campus interview after submitting my CV at a careers fair. It was a 30 min chat, intending at fast tracking some students into the application process. All motivation questions, no competency or technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online, nothing too special, dressed up for the interview, questions were normal, everything that you would expect in something like this. Some other questions kind of unpredictable, probably should have prepared more..was a little bit overwhelmed by the fact of talking to a computer

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?, How did you solve a problem by interacting with technology? Why analytics and sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted the application online. After 2 weeks I received an email invitation for a phone interview. It lasts approximately 25-30 minutes. The woman I talked to was very pleasant and engaging, she seemed genuinely interested in my skills and academics. There were basic fit questions such as, Why Bloomberg? Describe you experiences, how did you handle difficult client, challenging experiences, what are 3 main characteristics for a customer service associate. After few weeks ( I missed the September deadline so they're considering me for January 2018) I received an invitation for Super Day in NY office. It was very relaxing and enjoyable experience. We were a group of 5 people and did the tour of the building, which is truly amazing with huge fish tanks and curled escalator. We did shadowing for analytics department. The most important part starts during the second half of the interview when you are given a simulation game on how to use the terminal and demonstrate your customer service skills. They really don't expect you to know the terminal, answers are right in front of you o the sheet they provide, you need to calm down and be polite and represent the image of the company perfectly. After that you have 2 (25 mins approx./each) interviews with sales and analytics managers. You will definitely be asked to choose and sell something so be prepared for that. My interviewer was super nice, so she even gave me a choice. Interviewers are easy to talk to and not intimidating at all. if you speak other languages than English, here is the time to impress and keep the conversation going.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something
      Tell me three important characteristics of the customer service professional
      how did you handle the difficult client
      describe the situation when you had to do something you are not good at or don't enjoy
      BE READY FOR BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS, NOTHING SPECIFIC AT THIS STAGE   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

a telephone interview, first ask your background, you what you learned, and then tell them a market news that interests you, finally write a summary in Chinese ( as I applied for Chinese team). It takes around 30 minutes. The intervier is very nice, and I passed the telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me a market news that is of your interest   1 Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

short
    difficult
    technical questions
    not very friendly
    but the recruitment team and their ambassadors were nice

case study
    expected to have high level of finance knowledge even if they sell you the idea that you can come from any background they ask technical questions with no preparation time and are surprised if you don't know them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. Video Interview
    Five questions to go through
    2.Telephone Interview
    For checking language fluency
    3. On-site Interview
    one hour face to face interview with 2 people from sales department and analytics department respectively

Interview Questions

• How much you know financial markets? Say sth about recent markets movements exclude political factors   1 Answer