Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.1

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and got first phone interview from HongKong 20 days later. Basically just some behavior questions and how much do you know Bloomberg and its culture, products and competitors. The second phone call focused on how much do I fit with this company, what is your leadership experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you used Bloomberg terminal?If so, what do you think is its most impressive part?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I applied online for the internship position and heard back within a week to set up a phone interview. The woman called within her time frame but seemed very uninterested and I wondered how many she had had that day alone. Her first question/command was to "walk me through your resume and why you chose bloomberg" I was flustered at first and her only follow up question was why I chose finance.
    After approximately 10 minutes we ended the conversation and I felt very uneasy. Nonetheless 3 weeks later I received an email for a super day. The in office super day is next week and I'm doing my very best to prepare for it since Bloomberg is my top/target company

Interview Questions

• why finance? do you have any questions for me?(always prepare questions) WHY BLOOMBERG?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university career services website in January. Once the application process was over in February I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with a lady in HR, lasted about 15 minutes, and was almost entirely behavioral. The interviewer was a bit monotone, and seemed fairly uninterested in the conversation. A few days later I received an email saying that Bloomberg would not be continuing the process with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you know about Bloomberg's services? What are you following in the markets? Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

submitted resume online and got an on-campus interview
    mostly centered on the company and the position.
    require you to know about the economy
    what does the position do and why you are a good fit?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview that was very quick, it lasted maybe 10 minutes. They flew us all in, about 50 of us, to DC. We had a tour of the DC office and then had an hour interview scheduled for an hour. I interviewed with 2 managers, 1 one for sales and 1 for analytic. They were very nice and did not ask any trick questions.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Got a phone interview after one week sending out resume. The interview questions were behavioral and hey valued the leadership and ability to group of the candidate slightly more than other qualities for this position. The interviewer were nice. But the response was quite slow, had to waited a few weeks for the notification. Overall, it was a moderate experience but Bloomberg was definitely a reputational company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

First round is your basic 15-30 minute phone interview. They started off going through HR Q's about your work eligibility and then overall GPA. Not really any fit or behavioral questions mainly just ones that revolved around my interest in the company and position.

Interview Questions

• Was surprised that they didn't ask the standard "tell me about yourself/walk me through your resume"
      1. What you know about Analytics & Sales and why this career path is suitable for me
      2. Familiarity with the Terminal
      3. 3 characteristics necessary for success in sales
      4. Which position on my resume did I learn the most from or is most relevant to the position
      5. Companies you applied to
      6. News story you've been following/ "what's the biggest news story right now?"
      7. Asked about my familiarity with the location of the internship and why I'd like to work there
      8. Talk about any employee connections you have   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

1st round- casual < 15 minute phone call. (tell me about yourself, what are you following in financial news? what is you understanding of this position?)
    Super Day: 3 hours total- 1 hour casual tour and q&a with a tour guide, 2 thirty minute interviews with sales and analytics department leaders, group activity using terminal.
    about 30 applicants total were at the Super Day, there are a total of 4 Super Days, hard to make yourself stand out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Bloomberg? Strengths/ weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I Applied back in November. Later heard back 3 weeks to schedule phone interview. Received a phone interview that week. It was a Phone Interview that lasted about 20 mins. I heard back the next day inviting me for a super day. Participated in a super day the next week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Then had a phone interview. After that I went to NY for a video interview with the San Francisco team. After that I interview with the head of the analytic s desk for NY. The next day I received an offer

Interview Questions

• What are you following in the financial markets?   Answer Question
    • If interests rates go up what happens to bond prices? How much was the latest rate rise?   1 Answer
    • What are the three most important skills for a sales man   1 Answer