Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted for a short phone screen with HR, followed by a Superday at the headquarters in NYC. There candidates were interviewed with 2 separate employees in a "speed-dating-like" fashion. Touring the building and a tutorial on the Bloomberg terminals were also included in the NYC day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Had to meet with a few people, asked questions about currently climate of the industry and why I would like to work at bloomberg. After this section I was told they would like me to stay for the remainder of the day to speak with their head of sales & analytics. I sat down with him and he asked me to sell him an app, I proceeded to sell him an app. After I proceeded to shadow a currently employee, this consisted of me watching her take chats one after the other. The following day I received a phone call asking if i could start within the next 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why bloomberg?
      What is the currently climate of the finance industry?
      Why do I want to be in finance? In reality this isn't a real finance role despite what you may think.
      Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Got a phone interview after one week sending out resume. The interview questions were behavioral and hey valued the leadership and ability to group of the candidate slightly more than other qualities for this position. The interviewer were nice. But the response was quite slow, had to waited a few weeks for the notification. Overall, it was a moderate experience but Bloomberg was definitely a reputational company to work for.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews including group interview, role play, and back-to-back. Initially contacted by a member of the recruiting team asking to schedule a phone interview, then proceeded to 1-1 interview with current team lead. Third round was with office department manager, fourth round with office sales head and analytics head, final round with region sales head and analytics head.

Interview Questions

• Besides financial institutions, can you identify any firms in other industries will be a potential customer of BBG? Please provide a way of reaching out to the firm(s) and sell them our core product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through company website. Initial contact and informational interview from HR. 2nd and 3rd interviews over the phone, one with Sales and one with Analytics desk. Final at the NY office. Overall, the interviews weren't too taxing. Know a lot about the company, what they do, culture, why you fit in, etc. Have a general understanding of the markets, financial statements and what role Bloomberg plays.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Phone interview, just basic screening. Followed by an on-campus interview. Basic questions about experience and extra curricula's. Additional questions about sales experience and current fed policy.

The final round was a mirror of the second round but with the managing directors of the Sales and Analytics team and in the New York headquarters. Interviewers seem disinterested and ask basic sales questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview that was very quick, it lasted maybe 10 minutes. They flew us all in, about 50 of us, to DC. We had a tour of the DC office and then had an hour interview scheduled for an hour. I interviewed with 2 managers, 1 one for sales and 1 for analytic. They were very nice and did not ask any trick questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I had 1 initial phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was then called in for a super-day in the New York office, which consisted of 2, 30-minute interviews (1 with someone in sales, 1 with someone in analytics). They gave us a tour of the building and a demo of the terminal. No prior knowledge of the terminal is required. I got the internship and eventually got a full-time offer!

Phone Interview Questions:
    Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a piece of financial news you have been following. What do you know about Bloomberg? Why sales and analytics?

In-Person Interview Questions:
    Similar to phone interview, but with a little more in depth. Went through my resume and asked me specific questions about each bullet point (know your resume in depth). Sell me this pencil. How many gas stations are in the United States? Why Bloomberg over an investment bank? What are 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses? Tell us about a time when you took a leadership role working in a group. What are the qualities of a good salesperson?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

submitted resume online and got an on-campus interview
    mostly centered on the company and the position.
    require you to know about the economy
    what does the position do and why you are a good fit?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

After submitting an online application, I had a 30 min initial phone screen with a recruiter and was quickly invited for an in person interview at the San Francisco office.

Interview began with 20 minutes of shadowing a current employee to learn job responsibilities, terminal structure, etc. I was then taken to interview with a current Sales employee. The interview was about 40 minutes and structured mostly around fit questions- why Bloomberg, why Sales & Analytics, etc. The woman interviewing wasn't very pleasant; almost seemed as though she had a retort for all of my responses. The interview also had nothing to do with the actual job responsibilities, which essentially amount to a glorified call center.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a piece of financial news you have been following.   1 Answer