Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Sales and Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at Bloomberg LP in NYC. The process took about a month from start to finish. The office was phenomenal and the people seemed great too. The super day is split up into a few different components; an office tour, a q&a segment, a case study, and back to back interviews with sales and analytics managers. The questions were technical but nothing unexpected. The competition is tough, they bring in great groups of interns for a reason

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

phone interview -- not very specific or conversational. very formal, asked a lot of questions about the logistics of the role, and its location. The role was really a help desk role. The interviewer didnt seem very friendly, I am sure he does a lot of these interviews so it is understandable.

Interview Questions

• tell me a bit about yourself   1 Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I interview for the position in the London office. The interview process - at least in my specific case - was extremely long (around 5 months) and stressful because of that.
    It's structured as follows:

- Numerical Reasoning Test;
    - Phone interview (October), which is merely motivational (very few technical questions) and lasts for about 45minutes;
    - Face-to-face with Analytics and Sales TLs (November). In this specific interview you get grilled with technical questions - so be prepared. Both situational cases and technical questions (define hedging, what is a call option, what is a straddle, sell me an option). In my opinion this was the hardest interview because interviewers are trained to make you feel under pressured and to a certain extent uncomfortable. It lasted for about 1h and 30m;
    - Face-to-face with Managers (February). I loved this interview. I felt like they really wanted to get to know me as a person rather than as a candidate to test my fit in the Bloomberg culture.

Overall, tough and long process. But, in the end, I was offered the position so I guess it was worth the pain. (?)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted the application online. After 2 weeks I received an email invitation for a phone interview. It lasts approximately 25-30 minutes. The woman I talked to was very pleasant and engaging, she seemed genuinely interested in my skills and academics. There were basic fit questions such as, Why Bloomberg? Describe you experiences, how did you handle difficult client, challenging experiences, what are 3 main characteristics for a customer service associate. After few weeks ( I missed the September deadline so they're considering me for January 2018) I received an invitation for Super Day in NY office. It was very relaxing and enjoyable experience. We were a group of 5 people and did the tour of the building, which is truly amazing with huge fish tanks and curled escalator. We did shadowing for analytics department. The most important part starts during the second half of the interview when you are given a simulation game on how to use the terminal and demonstrate your customer service skills. They really don't expect you to know the terminal, answers are right in front of you o the sheet they provide, you need to calm down and be polite and represent the image of the company perfectly. After that you have 2 (25 mins approx./each) interviews with sales and analytics managers. You will definitely be asked to choose and sell something so be prepared for that. My interviewer was super nice, so she even gave me a choice. Interviewers are easy to talk to and not intimidating at all. if you speak other languages than English, here is the time to impress and keep the conversation going.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something
      Tell me three important characteristics of the customer service professional
      how did you handle the difficult client
      describe the situation when you had to do something you are not good at or don't enjoy
      BE READY FOR BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS, NOTHING SPECIFIC AT THIS STAGE   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Pre-recorded interview, Assessment Day, in total 3 interview rounds. Interviews were more competency based than technical questions. Really know what Bloomberg does and which products it offers. Know some of the functions of the Bloomberg Terminal. Also important are the challenges Bloomberg might be facing in the next 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Which products do we have? What could investors not do when the Bloomberg Terminal does not work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Champaign, IL).

Interview

Bloomberg was on campus and I submitted my resume. Got invited to a first round group interview. Five people in a group and discussed about a piece of commercial news. We were given 15 minutes to draw some conclusions to the questions and give a presentation to the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application and received a prompt email in a day or two requesting phone interview. Phone call was very basic, why are you interested in bloomberg? why did you decide to study your major in school, basic things. Next I was called into the office for an interview in New York. Know the current news and who Bloomberg's competitors are (factset, capitalIQ, symphony). Called in for a third interview the following week in New York and this one was much more intense, Shadowed an employee for 30 minutes then had an hour long interview with a senior person in the company. Know your resume and everything you put on it and make sure that you understand everything you have put on it.

Interview Questions

• How many PC's would you say Bloomberg has?   1 Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a first round group interview. There was 20 candidates, 1 interviewer from the Human Resources Department, and 2 interviewers from the Sales and Analytics department. We went into a big room, candidates are separated into 4 groups. The staff from Sales and Analytics first gave a introduction about the company. Then we had group discussion.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

My telephone interview was delayed for a week. When I was finally interviewed, it lasted for 13 minutes and the questions I was asked were mainly motivation (Why Bloomberg? Why this division? What is the competitive advantage of our company) and conventional competency-based questions.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

3 hour assessment centre. First, a group case discussion. Followed by, in no particular order, shadowing of a full-time staff, "phantom" (tending to a terminal and answering some questions asked), 2 face-to-face interviews and an in-tray exercise.

Very friendly interviewers and the whole interview process was very relaxed for me.