Bloomberg L.P. Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. My phone interview was scheduled in a week. The interviewer was nice and willing to help. He asked me some simple data structure questions (e.g. explaining a situation and asking what data structure to use? why? what if the problem changes to this new problem? etc.) I was informed that they'd like me to go for an on-site interview which was scheduled for the week after. Again, I was asked data structure questions, slightly more difficult than the phone interview. I answered all. Then there was an OS question to which I did not give a complete answer. Although everything was fine before that question, one of the interviewers became impolite and did not even listen to my answer and tried to push me to the direction he wanted. I understand that he was suggesting the optimum response, but at that moment the best I could do was giving a partially correct answer with my knowledge. A few days later I was informed that my application was rejected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and fast. It happened over the course of a couple days, on campus. The questions were pretty standard software engineering questions; mine were in C. There were a couple object oriented questions, but nothing terribly difficult or out of standard Java knowledge. The manager interview wasn't even an interview, since he spent most of the time just talking about Bloomberg and his experience.

Interview Questions

• What data structure would you use to display stocks, given that they are continuously updating and you only want to show 5 on the screen at a time?   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Went over stuff on my resume. Spoke about advanced and dis advantages of various data structures in Java. Some conceptual Java question. And then 1 coding question. Overall, it wasn't that bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Gainesville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiters at the career fair in my university. They asked me to code for two problems which were pretty simple(reverse a linked list, implement malloc) and I was called for an interview the next day. The interview started off with questions from resume and they quickly moved on to coding questions.
    1) Convert a decimal to hex
    2) Convert 'aaabbccccc' to 'a3b2c5'
    3) Design an iterator class for BST.
    I found the last question to be difficult since I wasn't prepared. Overall a good experience, cool people and they were trying to help me throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) Convert a decimal to hex
      2) Convert 'aaabbccccc' to 'a3b2c5'
      3) Design an iterator class for BST.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received phone interview request 1 months later. Phone interview happened 1 week after the request. 1 week after phone interview they requested to fly me up for an on-site interview. 3 weeks later I flew up and got 2x45 minute interviews. Interviews were focused on managing memory complexity over time complexity, which is not stated before you try and solve a problem. Questions focused more heavily on data structures over the algorithms which operate on them. (most of the algorithms were trivial for best case) Interviewers heavily focused on amortized time analysis of algorithms and hand-wave away the memory complexity of stacks, queues, linked lists, etc.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicate numbers in an array in O(n) time in place. Remove vowels (function blackboxed to check whether a letter is a vowel) from a string in O(n) time in place. Check whether a singly linked list of letters is a palindrome in O(n) time in place. Reconstruct a binary tree of unique digits from any combination of prefix, infix or postfix lists of the digits.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Kansas City, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

Normal process. We started with introduction. There was questions about my background and previous experiences and there was questions on algorithms and database related. There were some .Net related questions and Object oriented related ones. Interview went for more than 30 minutes.Questions were mostly technical as it a technical interview.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2015.

Interview

Four round on-campus interview, I made it through all the technical questions, mostly tree and string problems. The problems are really interviewer dependent. I failed at HR and/or Senior manager round, where there is no technical questions but some very tricky behavior questions. I felt like they want loyal employees who can devote to the company's work wholeheartedly

Interview Questions

• What are the top three factors when you're choosing from offers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

1 phone call thus far, talked with an engineer and we worked out a solution on hackerrank.com. it wasn't too bad but the entire process felt incredibly slow. the call was also 15 mins late.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

start with white board coding, then ask questions on C++ STL, Algorithm,
    usually they come with 2 engineers, one ask touch questions, the other ask general one,
    like you background, your last project.
    if everything doing fine, the last round will meet with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• how to implement shared pointer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2015. One Phone screen and 3 rounds onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• Given a number, find the next smallest palindrome larger than the number. For example if the number is 125, next smallest palindrome is 131.   1 Answer