Bloomberg L.P. Software Developer Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Software Developer Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied in October 2016, got a phone interview which was supposed to take place at the end of December. I wanted to reschedule the interview because I was away for the days they suggested. I never heard back from them. Overall, a bad experience. I have sent them a few e-mails, but it was useless

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

one month after send CV to company. I get the chance of phone interview. 1 weeks after that, i get the chance of AC and I am prepare for it.

Interview Questions

• The experience of the project i have be involved.
      Calculate the sum of every three continues number in a array
      Find the max number in a rotated sorted array
      Answer Question

Negotiation

The process of phone interview is positive to me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty lengthy, with 4 hours of Hackerrank coding + discussions of technical stuff (split into two 1-hour interviews and one 2-hour interview over the course of several weeks) and 4 hours of on-site interviews with the team, mostly about personal things like motivations, interests and best achievements at work.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Had a phone interview with them. Normal phone screen interview. Some behavioral questions plus quite standard coding questions. Asked a question about hash table at the end. One thing is Bloomberg recruitment team keeps sending emails reminding that the application is not forgotten but under review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

A recruiter from Radley James contacted me and urged to arrange a technical phone interview. The interviewer was late, called me back several times because of connection problems at his side. Except for low sound quality the interview went smoothly, I solved the problem, achieved optimal computational complexity. However, I did not receive any feedback at all. 5 weeks have passed, I have contacted the recruiter twice, but nothing. It appears to me they don't value candidate's time and have no respect at all to the ones who might not suit their company, so they are not able to decline the candidate by email, I'm not even talking about a phone call. Totally negative experience, I haven't seen such unprofessional behaviour before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took about 6 month. it consisted of a phone interview followed by 2 video conferences.
    I was invited to do the onsite interview in London May 2016. During the day I made a technical interview followed by a short hr interview.
    My feedback: I was treated very badly by the recruiter, I almost awaited 2 weeks for every reply or confirmation to come, that explains why the process took about 6 months, but it's shockingly different during the onsite interview, The recruiters were helpful and cheerful and the office is really fascinating.

Interview Questions

• phone interview: asked about my past experiences and CV, when creating an object in C++ what is the functions that are defined by default?.

first video conference: how would you design the history for a browser, all urls must be sorted by the time stamp of the last visit. e.g. when you visit a url for the second time it must go to the top of the list.

second video conference: given an array of different values and a number n, count how many pairs of indices x,y such that arr[x] + arr[y] = n.

I was asked about my motivation and why do I want to work for Bloomberg in all interviews.
      At the end of each interview you will be asked if you have any questions for the interviewer, make sure to prepare good ones.

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the Bloomberg Careers service. I was contacted for a phone interview about 2-3 weeks later. The interviewer on the phone asked several technical questions on Java

Interview Questions

• Order numbers in an array according to number of occurrencies.
      [3 4 3 4 2 1 3 4 2 4] --> [4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1]

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

45 minutes phone interview.I was asked questions about the company (why Bloomberg), programming(why do you want to be a programmer), then about an experience of mine (to describe one experience during which I used C++) then really simple questions on C++ (what is a class in c++, what is a pointer, tell me about arrays in c++)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Few days later someone from their HR asked for a schedule of interview. At the interview data a developer called. He first introduced himself. Then he told me to introduce myself and say why do i want to work in here. After that he asked me some questions on C++. After that i was given a program and told to debug that. Finally there was a programming task.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I was convinced to apply during a University presentation. I did a technical phone interview which went well. Then I was invited in London for a physical interview. I did both a technical group interview and a technical interview with a manager. They went pretty well but I was informed (after two days) by an automatic mail that my application was rejected without providing further information.

Interview Questions

• Encode and decode a string given just a function that provide the encoding of a character.   1 Answer
    • Order numbers in an array according to number of occurrencies.
      [3 4 3 4 2 1 3 4 2 4] --> [4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1]