Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

I had to take an online test to get to the phone interview stage. The online test was relatively easy - very basic technical questions. The interviewers failed to call me - the first time the interview was scheduled. After re-scheduling the interview, they asked me a couple of brain teasers and probability related questions. They were not too difficult either.

Interview Questions

• If I arrange the numbers 1 to 100 in a random order and remove one number from this group - give me an algorithm to find the missing number?   1 Answer
  • What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I had interview with two different teams.
    first team, people were in a lot of hurry, and little arrogant.
    questions asked : B-tree - how to find an element
    reverse link list

second team - were nicer, just one interview
    1. anagram problem
    2. reverse the integers in a number.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Random stuff. Off the wall. Extreme irrelevant technical detail. It's mostly about throwing you off guard and pushing you into unfamiliar territory, to test your limits. That's because you have to tolerate being broken repeatedly in order to survive the work environment. You are expected to grovel without showing it, without making it obvious to anyone that grovelling is occurring. This is an important qualification for working at Bloomberg, since it is what you will be doing most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Suppose that you had to rebuild Times Square while it was occupied, replacing all of the materials. How would you do it? What problems would be encountered using this method?   Answer Question
    • Implement a heap sort in C++ STL.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No amount of money is large enough. Ask yourself, am I willing to die for this company? If they raise you enough to answer yes, take the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

The Interview slot is for 45 minutes. There were 2 people in the panel, and then it started with a round of self introduction. Once thats done, I was asked to speak in detail of the project I had worked on previously. SOme 25 minutes of the interview centered on the project that I worked previously, like why it was done that way and why not that way. Then I was asked to write a C program to count the no of words in a string. With that the interview ended and I asked some 1-2 questions and signed off

Interview Questions

• Explain your previous project in detail   Answer Question
    • Write a C program to find the no of words in a string   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

One initial interview with two Software developers, and then a final round interview with a Manager.

Interviewers asked a lot of questions on approaches to solve hypothetical problems. I never needed to write any actual code. Lots of questions on algorithms and efficency.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a real-time spellchecker?   Answer Question
    • Describe an algorithm that would find all word combinations in a game of boggle.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2009.

Interview

Came to our college for campus fair. First round consisted of very basic C/C++ questions.
    After that selection was random. People from all branches were called, only to be rejected after the first round. Only the CS majors could cross the first round.

Interview Questions

• What is a singleton class ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

The interviewer asked me basic questions about Unix commands, C questions, some data structure questions like what data structure you would use to build something. Although at that time i was quite satisfied with my interview i was eventually rejected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I have very different fillings about interview with Bloomberg. On the interview by itself it seemed to be very professional, also I very liked questions that I had. But they rejected me with comment "light C++ knowledge", it was really surprising, because they didn't ask nothing special about C++, just basic questions.

Interview Questions

• When you'll use intursive_ptr rather than shared_ptr?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

It's just a quick interview at the school career fair, only a few question on your background and some question on your familiar language. I choose c/c++. People from Bloomberg are really friendly and generous, they offered a nice notebook and an umbrella. But it seems that most of the people are interested in the sales or marketing position.

Interview Questions

• What is "static" mean in the c++?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for it in Sep. and got the phone interview one month later. I passed the phone interview and the recruiter asked me to provide my availability for the onsite one. However, the recruiter didn't reply to me anymore. 3 weeks later, I asked the recruiter about my onsite interview, and she said the position has been filled.

Interview Questions

• Implement two functions: one is to add a number to the array, the other one is to get the current median of the array. (you can use any data structure to store the numbers, not limited to array)   Answer Question