Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

A recruiter got in touch with me shortly after online application (around 2 weeks). First step scheduled for the following week, technical interview on HackerRankX. The interviewer was very nice and (seemed) happy with my solutions, as I was getting positive feedback along the way. I got cut off and they didn't provide any feedback. Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Build a data structure to store and retrieve stock values of a given company.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2017.

Interview

Referred by a friend. A recruiter contacted me and set up a screen interview on hackerrank. This is a 45min interview, starting with why Bloomberg, and why do you change from academia to industry. Then asked me two algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. return the maximum product of 3 numbers in an array
      2. print out the pairs of a number and the nearest greater number to its right in an array. Example: given [1,2,5,2,6], print out (1,2), (2,5), (5,6), (2,6)
      3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

the interviewers come unprepared. they asked questions which clearly showed that they have not read my resume. Also 100 bucks card given to bear all the expenses(including cabs and food) is way too less.

Interview Questions

• I was prepared for algorithm or logical questions, but was asked something around languages- which was of least priority in my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (College Park, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied at a career fair, they asked a question on the spot and for me to write a code to solve it on paper. A couple days later I got an email asking to schedule an on campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a string "AABCCC" make a new string "2A1B3C"   3 Answers
    • Write a piece of code to find the square root of a number.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty smooth but kind of long interview process. Quick phone interview followed by an invitation to an onsite interview. The phone interview was pretty easy---I'm not a CS major and the interviewer knew this and asked questions tailored to my background. I had less luck at the onsite and the interviewers seemed to be expecting a solution that I hadn't encountered before. It's not their fault though, the question was still relatively easy with good interview prep and should be very doable with a solid CS background. Had two rounds at the onsite and was sent out, which meant I didn't get an offer as I expected. Still, it's a well-ran and not too difficult process

Interview Questions

• Prove that sqrt(2) is irrational (was only asked this because I was a math major)   Answer Question
    • Create an iterator for a binary search tree   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

1 technical phone interview + 4 rounds onsite. 2 technical rounds with engineers, 1 with HR and 1 with engineering manager (semi technical). Heavy emphasis on resume related questions. Know your resume like the back of your hand. Spend time on the technical details of all the projects you list there.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview - Leetcode #34 (search for a range)
      Onsite round 1 - Leetcode #117 (populating next pointers in trees), check if a linkedlist is a palindrome
      Onsite round 2 - data structure question about stock ticker, one open ended question related to my background.
      HR round - About career interests, expectations, background and past projects.
      Engineer Manager - A very deep discussion on one of my past projects, culture fit discussions.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through career fair at my school and got emailed 3 weeks after. Later, I got a phone interview that lasted around 1 hour. The beginning of the interview was standard questions about resume, projects, skills and then a technical interview question.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to check if the tree is a binary search tree   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2017.

Interview

HR emailed me and scheduled a technical interview.
    Interviewer asked me about my previous projects and then started with the HackerRank coding interview.
    Got reject just after 2 hrs after i finished my interview.

Interview Questions

• Find the pairs from a given array, whose sum is equal to the target sum. Added few constraints and asked to optimism the solution   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email two months later asking to proceed to a phone screen. The phone interview went smoothly. First, the interviewer asked about my previous work and project experiences. Then, I solved a code challenge with him on hackerrank.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First a telephonic interview where 2 algorithm questions were asked. We need to code on a shared document. If you are through this round, you will be called onsite. First 2 rounds at onsite will be technical. 2 algorithm questions in first round, a algorithm and a design question in second round. If you are through, you will be proceeded for behavioral interview. I was rejected at this round. There will be a HR interview if your behavioral interview went fine. They will not not say the reject decision on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Question related to Parenthesis matching , solving prefix expression kind off, Intersection of 2 linked lists, arithmetic operations on numerical in an alpha-numeric string, a question related to binary tree traversal, design a system to convert a long URL to short URL   1 Answer