Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2017

489 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I first had a coding challenge, then I got called in for an interview. The interviewers seemed a little impatient and only asked to explain one element from my resume then dove right into technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I had a phone interview recently with Bloomberg. I have nothing against people that aren't native English speakers or are from different countries, but my interviewer's accent was too strong for me to be able to understand him over the phone. I had to ask him to repeat himself several times for almost everything he said, and after asking him to do so several times I was usually still not able to tell what he wanted to say. I felt bad for him and I think Bloomberg HR needs to prevent this situation from happening in the future. I wasn't selected to move on to the next round, but I wonder how much of that was due to me not being able to understand the feedback my interviewer was giving me along the way. Overall it was a very negative experience - again, not necessarily the interviewer's fault - and terribly embarrassing, probably for both of us.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Friendly people, good question and pretty good place for onsite interview. I do the on campus interview first and then go the do the onsite interview. People are very nice

Interview Questions

• Not very hard but can test one's total understanding of the software engineer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I had an interview on campus. The interviewer was friendly. It started with questions about my resume and then moved on to two technical questions. One was about trees and other was a design question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

on site 2 whiteboard problems, standard data struc and algorithms, know about linkedlist and binary search, recursion, dfs bfs , arrays, vectors, stack and queue, and the stl. fairly straight forward, just prepare well and study

Interview Questions

• LinkedList - data structures   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Most of the interview were technical questions with 5 minutes in the end for Q&A. Interviewer was nice. Had to handwrite code on a piece of paper. The questions built on one another.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Applied online to position. Got an email the next day allowing me to schedule an on-campus interview (graduated last year but I guess they saw the school name in my Resume).

They had 3 teams of interviewers at the school with 2 interviewers per team. Interview was about an hour, beginning they asked about some recent projects then they asked me to code up solutions to the two problems below on paper. I got correct solutions for both but think I botched it by saying an incorrect runtime estimate for one of the solutions, though I did correct myself soon after I realized it.

Interview Questions

• Provided a binary tree, write a function to return the sum of all nodes at or below a certain specified level in the tree.   Answer Question
    • Provided a string with any of the following characters ... ( , ) , { , } , [ , ] , ... write a function to figure out if it's 'balanced'. For example, "( { } )" is balanced, "( { ) }" is not.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2017.

Interview

Fast, the interviewer I had was unfortunately hard to understand and did not convey the question well. He also did not understand my runtime answers until iterating them for the second or third time.

Interview Questions

• Given a 10 million length string that doesn't fit in memory, find the unique characters. Implement a fork join algorithm using parallel programming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Worst Interview Experience ever! I interviewed with team in NY. I had a hackerrank interview which was of moderate difficulty. I cleared the technical phone screen and moved on to HR round. HR round was just about my interest in the company. They invited me for the onsite interview and I provided dates and info to schedule it. But, after few days I was told that they have decided NOT to move forward with the onsite interview. This is the WORST feeling after everything I went through. I was really excited that I have a great onsite opportunity and I really feel very bad now. I wish I had never applied for a job at Bloomberg!

I was not given a chance to prove myself after clearing the phone screen and HR rounds !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of on-campus interview. Two interviewers in every interview. Should wear business casual.

Two questions in each one. The questions are basic data structures and algorithms. One about binary tree, two using hashmap, can't remember the last one.