Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017

512 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It all happened in one day, it was all on campus. I applied through the campus website. Overall a very easy interview. Everyone was laid back. After two technical interviews I met with hr and a senior engineer

Interview Questions

• Fairly easy programming questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2017.

Interview

2 on-campus interview + Onsite Interview. Took about 3 weeks. On-campus interviews were straightforward, but they seem to vary by interviewer significantly. Some of my friends got harder questions or easier questions depending on the interviewer. So definitely be ready to solve harder problems as well.

Interview Questions

• Standard Linked List question from Leetcode   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I first had a coding challenge, then I got called in for an interview. The interviewers seemed a little impatient and only asked to explain one element from my resume then dove right into technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe something cool, not boring, from your resume?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

2 On-campus interviews, both technical as well as behavioral, then an HR interview on-site. Both technical questions were pretty standard problems you would find in CTCI or Leetcode. HR was questions about projects. HR is mainly to ask why you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Q: Find an element k in a 2D linked list   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I had a phone interview recently with Bloomberg. I have nothing against people that aren't native English speakers or are from different countries, but my interviewer's accent was too strong for me to be able to understand him over the phone. I had to ask him to repeat himself several times for almost everything he said, and after asking him to do so several times I was usually still not able to tell what he wanted to say. I felt bad for him and I think Bloomberg HR needs to prevent this situation from happening in the future. I wasn't selected to move on to the next round, but I wonder how much of that was due to me not being able to understand the feedback my interviewer was giving me along the way. Overall it was a very negative experience - again, not necessarily the interviewer's fault - and terribly embarrassing, probably for both of us.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Friendly people, good question and pretty good place for onsite interview. I do the on campus interview first and then go the do the onsite interview. People are very nice

Interview Questions

• Not very hard but can test one's total understanding of the software engineer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I had an interview on campus. The interviewer was friendly. It started with questions about my resume and then moved on to two technical questions. One was about trees and other was a design question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Serious engineers should STAY AWAY!

You are judged on interviewing skills not technical skills. if you code correctly, but you do not pick up their hints thats a negative point.

Phone interviewers were good, but onsite interviewers did not seem to have respect for the fact that people think differently. Some people may take more time to come to a point than others, ( which might be reverse for different problem).

Process spanned over 3 Months !

2 phone interviews
    Then onsite

Pathetic experience.
    2 interviewers sitting next to me in small room, constantly talking and “trying to help”. They were polite, but very interruptive.
    Next was design interview. Was let go after that.

No questions on my project or technologies that I use were asked. ( Least you can expect as an engineer)

The expectation is that they want to see you how you tackle a problem in your day to day. Fair enough! But their approach is terrible.

Its really terrible that one engineer has so much power to completely eliminate you after going through so many rounds. I was walked out immediately after the interview there was no discussion between Engineers!

Interview Questions

• All standard questions that previous posts have mentioned.

Just go through all the glassdoor posts and if its your day you ll get the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

on site 2 whiteboard problems, standard data struc and algorithms, know about linkedlist and binary search, recursion, dfs bfs , arrays, vectors, stack and queue, and the stl. fairly straight forward, just prepare well and study

Interview Questions

• LinkedList - data structures   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

this is first round technical interview. At first, talk about resume, most challenging project and then do the technical question. Afterward, she lets me to ask questions. I think the question she asks is at will, most of the times, I don't know what she want me to do.

Interview Questions

• tell you some airport tickets and ask you to print the path from the start airport to end airport   1 Answer