Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied though MIT's career fair, so the interview was held directly at MIT, in person. I interviewed with two engineers from two different teams. They told me briefly about what their teams do, how the work environment is etc. And then they each asked me one technical question, which they wanted me to write code for on blank white paper.

Interview Questions

• You have a BST where each node points at a different node. You want to augment that property into the BST. How would you do that? What data structure would you use?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume, a recruiter scheduled a phone interview.
    During the phone interview, the interviewer asked me about my resume and some leetcode medium/easy questions.

I was invited to an onsite interview. The recruiter gave a tour around the building. There were free lunch and $100 reimbursement if you live out of state. The interview questions were not easy, but they were fair. I only had 2 rounds of interview which means I would not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions similar to counting island. Finding a number in a data structure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Communication was quick and the process was smooth. One-hour phone interview with resume questions and one easy array manipulation question. The company was very accommodating with travel demands. Two rounds of technical interviews before I was invited out. The first one was a 2-on-1 with a 2D array traversal question, the second one is a 1-on-1 around one data structure design question (keeping browser's history with no duplicate hostname, to be honest, it was not very clear what the interviewer wanted)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2017.

Interview

Applied at career fair, got a phone interview after 2 to 3 weeks. Talked with the interviewer about my past experiences and projects, and solved a coding problem on Hackerrank afterwards. Took some time to walk through my code and explain to the interviewer. The interviewer was nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Validate binary seach tree, both recursive and iterative.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and set up the first technical phone interview with a senior software engineer. The usual behavioral questions based on my resume, followed by the technical portion where I coded using the HackerRank platform.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2017.

Interview

On campus recruiting event. I met with two current software engineers and we talked about my resume for the first portion, then they each asked a data structure / algorithms problem. Bit of time at the end where I asked questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• 2 Questions related to data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Troy, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It's a on campus interview. The whole interview went pretty well. They spent about 10 minutes to ask questions about my resume, then regular technical interviews. I did not prepare very well, but they were very nice, and tried to direct me to the right solution.

Interview Questions

• Implement an insert function, and access top few elements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and received a response requesting a phone interview a couple days later; it took a couple weeks to schedule the phone interview. After the phone interview, scheduled visit to NYC office; one 2-on-1 technical interview; one 1-on-1 technical interview; two behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of shapes on a two-dimensional grid, find the total area covered by those shapes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the first round is phone interview. I was asked some algorithms and data structures.
    Onsite interview is a four-round interview. The first two round is technical interview, the third is HR interview, and the forth round is manager's interview.

Interview Questions

• design an algorithm to decide if a string str1 contains str2   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Applied online to Bloomberg and got a call from HR . He asked couple of usual questions and sent an email with date/time for a technical interview. It was a live coding interview using Hackrank

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me to write a code to add two numbers , each digit of the numbers will be stored in a singly-linked list   Answer Question