Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Software Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.9

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

1.5 h phone interview and Hacker rank pair coding. Interviewer wasn't very pleasant, quite aggressive and dismissive. I am asking myself what must be atmosphere at Bloomberg if this is their interview process. One of the most unpleasant interviews I have done.

Interview Questions

• What is STL   Answer Question
  • How vector and map containers are implemented, what is access time requirement.   Answer Question
  • What are different types of memory. Interviewer drilled down more and more on each answer.   Answer Question
  • Write a c++ program that checks if two strings are anagrams of each other.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online through careers section of Bloomberg. The application was for entry level software engineer at Bloomberg London site. I needed to upload my resume and cover letter. My language of choice for the interview was C/C++. I had one phone interview (1:1) and two video interview (2:1). Following this, I was called for onsite interview at London office and had three round of interview there (2-tech, 1-HR). Following onsite interview I had a final interview with tech head at London site.

Interview Questions

• 1.Pointer basics.
      2.Bracket matching:

"(aa)bb" -> true
      "[ aa [ bbb ]" -> false
      "aa } bbb { c" -> false
      "aa [ bb () ]" -> true
      "[aa { ] cc } ]" -> false

3. Design and implement a web browser which supports the functionality that at any given instance you can efficiently tell the top 5 visited websites on basis of number of visits. This question was a variant of LRU cache and it can be optimally implemented using a map and doubly linked list.
      4. Run length encoding of string. See below for example:
      aaaaabbbccd → a5b3c2d1
      xyz → x1y1z1
      5. Merge overlapping intervals. See below for example:
      [1,3] [2,5] [8,9] → [1,5] [8,9]
      [1,3] [2,6] [4,99] → [1,99]
      6. Given a binary tree, tell whether this is a valid BST.
      7. Implement a generic hashmap in C++. Make sure to use templates, good hash functions and be ready to discuss design to handle collisions.

There will be behavioral questions. Make sure to prepare for the question : Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

1 phone
    1 2 on one video
    2 On-site
    1 HR

The process was quite slow. Got first mail in December.
    The first phone was scheduled in jan.
    Second video in Feb
    and final onsite in March

HR response is next to NULL.
    Don't expect a response from HRs and recruiter.

Only Good thing was they would fly you internationally to their office in London.

Interview Questions

• LCA
      word break
      power iterative
      random node linked list copy
      stock buy and sell
      alert system   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

They are repeatedly asking that "why Bloomberg" question from one person to another, so you're better prepared. The interview self is a children's game if you have related experience. I got neither offer nor ANY feedback (or even notification that the process is over), so my general impression is negative, definately not going to apply again, it's a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Why Bloomberg? Why Bloomberg? Why Bloomberg? Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email asking for an interview and scheduled a time. Interviewer never called and recruiter wasn't responding to my emails. Finally rescheduled the interview. Interviewer called this time. I told him that I was familiar with C++ but I preferred Python. He insisted on everything being in C++.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of two parts. First they did a technical phone interview through Hackerrank. Next, they asked me to come into their office where you do two more technical interviews and one non-technical. Personally, I found the process a really pleasant experience. Everything was really well organised and they did their best to make you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Find the first unique element in an array.   Answer Question
    • Given an array and a number, find all of the the pairs in the array that add up to that number.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I directly send the CV to their HR team. Have a phone interview with Hackerrank to solve some easy coding questions. Then I was invited to their work place. Just one round for onsite for me, others may get two or three rounds including HR round. One week later I got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Give a vector of strings and two string A and B, find all postitions that word A and B are adjacent.   Answer Question
    • Giving two lists representing two numbers, add them together and return the sum in a list.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

the Process was weird I applied twice using the same cv and in the first time I was rejected and in the second time I received an offer in the end but the experience was bad and it seems as a randomized hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they respond after 1 month, but they dragged a little bit so actual date of the first interview about 2 months later. Now I pass first phone interview and preparing the next video conference at 24, Jan.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2016.

Interview

Overall the experience was ok. Had a telephone interview with one of the software engineers at Bloomberg. He was a little bit awkward but he was fairly helpful. He asked me a few generic questions (why Bloomberg, tell me a bit about yourself etc.) then we moved to the technical part. He asked me to code a linked list and then some other functions to do with the linked list. I was a bit hesitant to build the functions as I hadn't done that in a while but I managed. He then asked me questions about the code, which I got right judging by his response.

Got an email 2 days after saying I did not get an offer - was disappointed as I did everything he asked, but onwards and upwards.