Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

845 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Contract Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied in mid-June and was contacted a couple of days later by HR for a phone screening, which was very pleasant and to understand a bit about my background, my expectations (including salary) and whether I had any questions about the role.

I was told on the spot I'd go on to the next round, which was an in-person interview with the team in London.

Once in the office, I had a 30min shadowing session with one of the Contract Coordinators, which explained how the day was usually broken down into, the main tasks, and was open to questions.

I then moved on to the interview itself with whom would have been my manager, and another Contract Coordinator.

I heard back a week after.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Video interview with 7 questions;

Invited to the Bloomberg office to meet the team leader from fundamentals and estimates (yes, that's right. They don't even have an ESG team leader). I have a feeling that the interviewers have very limited knowledge about ESG data, especially when I mentioned the TCFD which was initiated by their boss Mike Bloomberg, they seemed absolutely clueless. Also, they stressed that the position itself is very repetitive and requires a lot of manual data uploading tasks, which is nowhere near "analytical" as the title has suggested.

Also, the Bloomberg ESG data team (not Bloomberg Intelligence!) just sucks generally speaking. For instance, if you ask the helpdesk about "the carbon intensity of a fund", something less obvious than "water usage of Starbucks", you would be lucky to get an answer in less than half an hour. ESG is definitely not embedded in decision making or the corporate culture.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I am still in the process of recruitment. I passed my video interview and the video interview actually consisted of about 10 questions rather than 4,5 as mentioned by some on here. There were some very technical questions relating to current affairs as well.

Analytics and Sales for Japanese/Korean Speakers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Third-round interview( 1 hour) with one manager from Analytics team and one from Sales team. You really need to be able to answer " Why Bloomberg".

I'll have my final interview in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg, Why not other companies, Sell me something   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

4 stages, 1 phone, 1 with team leader, 1 with manager, 1 with head of department. Shadowing of team during 3rd stage. Was told Bloomberg is hardest company to get into after 1 other US Firm. Management team were very knowledgable

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg, how creative are you, financial statement breakdown   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Video interview - Language test - Team leader interview

For the language test, I had a brief phone call with one of the team members who then asked me to submit a summary of the recent financial news in my mother tongue.

Aside from the common interview questions listed here, which helped a lot by the way, I was asked :
    - Explain BBG’s Enterprise Solutions in detail.
    - How would you prioritize support requests from a Research Analyst, a Risk Manager, and a FX Trader ?
    - What impacts are you going to bring to the company ?
    - Explain the square of 12 to a kid.

Overall the interviews were pleasant, but the whole process took too long - nearly 2 months.

Contracts Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and one week later I received an email invitation to a phone interview. The questions were mostly about my knowlwdge of Bloomberg and some about my motivation. After 5 days I received an invatation for a in-house interview: I took a flight to London just for the interview. The conversation was about my previous experience at work.
    The told me the would have give me a feed back in a week but I never received any kind of answer. The HR told me she would have give me an answer as soon as possible but I'm still waiting and postponing other offers.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Application

Interview

Applied via linked in. Second stage is a video interview and then a personal interview.

During the personal interview they ask about the company and create some scenarios to be answered by phone.

Interview Questions

• Video Interview:

1. Give a brief introduction about yourself.
      2. Describe your relevante skills and experience for this role. Why are you the best candidate?
      3. Share a time you interacted with a difficult customer. How did you handle and what was the result?
      4. You have 3 tasks to complete: You need to call a customer with an answer, your manager ask you to run a report and your collegues ak for you help. What do you do first?
      5. Provide an example you provided an exceptional customer support.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

The interview process went well until the very last stage, on which I was shut down right on the spot, not given even a chance to succeed. Not a stress interview environment, seemed like a rigged one. One of the other possible interns was also told that the masters degree that he was doing is quote on quote "pointless ". Overall, not a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you think have our clients changed in the last 10 years?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online through careers section of Bloomberg. The application was for entry level software engineer at Bloomberg London site. I needed to upload my resume and cover letter. My language of choice for the interview was C/C++. I had one phone interview (1:1) and two video interview (2:1). Following this, I was called for onsite interview at London office and had three round of interview there (2-tech, 1-HR). Following onsite interview I had a final interview with tech head at London site.

Interview Questions

• 1.Pointer basics.
      2.Bracket matching:

"(aa)bb" -> true
      "[ aa [ bbb ]" -> false
      "aa } bbb { c" -> false
      "aa [ bb () ]" -> true
      "[aa { ] cc } ]" -> false

3. Design and implement a web browser which supports the functionality that at any given instance you can efficiently tell the top 5 visited websites on basis of number of visits. This question was a variant of LRU cache and it can be optimally implemented using a map and doubly linked list.
      4. Run length encoding of string. See below for example:
      aaaaabbbccd → a5b3c2d1
      xyz → x1y1z1
      5. Merge overlapping intervals. See below for example:
      [1,3] [2,5] [8,9] → [1,5] [8,9]
      [1,3] [2,6] [4,99] → [1,99]
      6. Given a binary tree, tell whether this is a valid BST.
      7. Implement a generic hashmap in C++. Make sure to use templates, good hash functions and be ready to discuss design to handle collisions.

There will be behavioral questions. Make sure to prepare for the question : Why Bloomberg?   Answer Question