Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

639 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Very long process.

The first round will either consist of a pre-recorded interview or an interview via phone. In my case it was pre-recorded.

A) 15min Pre-recorded interview:

-Why Bloomberg?
    -What happens if the interest rate goes up?
    -What are you currently following in the markets?
    -Why finance?
    -How would you prepare for a meeting with a client, what would you do during and after the meeting?
    -Why Sales
    -What are Bloomberg's clients?
    -Who are Bloomberg's clients?
    -What is good customer service?

After this you are directed to either in-house and/or conference interviews depending on your location.
    The first interview will be with 2 team leaders, 1 from Sales and 1 from Analytics.
    This is followed by an interview with 2 managers, 1 from Sales and 1 from Analytics.
    The final interview is a 1:1 interview with the Head of Analytics. All interviews take around 1 hour each.

It is important that you come up with engaging questions for the end of the interviews.

B) 1hr Team Leader interview

This interviewers were really nice and interested in my personal interests. Questions consisted of mainly fit questions and basic financial knowledge questions. They assisted me when I was struggling to formulate an answer into detail. They gave the result in less than 24hrs.

-Why Bloomberg
    -Competence-based questions related to your CV experiences.
    -What is your understanding of the Sales and analytics role?
    -What are you currently following in the markets?
    -Can you name the asset classes?
    -What are Bloomberg's products?
    -Who are Bloomberg's clients?
    -Situational question:
    If you get 3 enquiries at the same time. 1 being a CEO asking to set up an email account. 1 being a trader who has a 5 minute delay on his screen. 1 being an Analyst who has an error with his external data points. Who would you assist first?
    (Prioritize the urgency from the perspective of the company : Analyst > Trader > CEO)
    >Follow-up question: If the CEO would be on a free trial, would your answer change? (no)
    -If we would ask you to come up with a strategy to sell the terminal in the Netherlands, what would your approach be?
    -What are your future plans.
    -Ask questions (!)

C) 1hr Manager interview + 30min Shadowing

It felt like the manager interview was rushed and the managers had not much time on their hands. So be prepared to face situations where the interviewers are not very engaging. I shot myself in the foot by setting the bar too high and I could not regain control of the interview. In these situations, my tip is to keep it simple.

-Introduce yourself
    -What kind of functionalities within the terminal would an Insurance company use?
    -What would you do in a meeting with such a company? What would your approach be?
    -What are the two types of volatility, can you describe their differences?
    -How would you rate a bond, what criteria do you take into consideration?
    -What happens if the Bank of England increases the interest rate?
    -After your shadow session today, what did you learn?
    -What are important skills to have to be successful in the Analytics department?
    -What are the direct economic effects from the Brexit?
    -What is the current interest rate in the UK?
    -Questions (!)

D) Head of Analytics

Never made it to this round.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied for 2018 Analytics & Sales Graduate Programme (London) & did a recorded video interview. Consisted of 9 questions (30 seconds thinking time and 90 seconds answering time per question).

Interview Questions

• How has the Brexit referendum inpacted the financial markets and what are the potential long term effects of an exit from the EU across currencies, equities and bonds?   Answer Question
    • What types of clients use the Terminal, other than financial institutions, and why?   Answer Question
    • What aspects of the financial markets interest you the most and why?   Answer Question
    • Who are our competitors and why are we the current market leader?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Initially I applied online and was scheduled for a phone interview but the recruiters came on campus for a careers fair and managed to schedule my interview in person the next day. First it was a 1:1 interview with 2 questions. It started by talking a little about each other. Then they called me an hour later for a second interview with 2 senior engineers, with 2 more questions. Overall the experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Check if a strings of brackets (all three bracket types) is valid.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied on company's website. Few days after, received an email confirming a date for a phone interview.
    The interview is about an hour long, topics include personal projects, university course and technical questions. Talked with an engineer about recent projects and future ones regarding interns.

Interview Questions

• Difference and implementations of data structures, algorithms and Big O.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an on campus interview within 2 days. Interviewed with 2 people, one junior and one senior developer. Immediate feedback from them was overwhelmingly positive, but I got an email rejection after 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Given an ordered binary tree, write a function that tells you wether an element is in the tree or not   1 Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then had a video interview which consisted of 9 questions and you had 90 seconds to answer them. Now onto a team leader interview which is tomorrow

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Video Interview has about 8 questions. Most of them are typical behaviour questions. Why Bloomberg? Why this role? Who are our competitors?
    What are Bloomberg's products?
    Each question has 90 seconds to answer and 60 seconds to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Why this role? Who are our competitors?
      What are Bloomberg's products?   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Interview

applied online with basic information and CV, no online tests, then telephone interview by the team leader, did not get through the next round which would be next two face to face interviews

Global Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The video interview was as far as I got. It is pretty easy and standard, I think (see questions below). Make sure you prepare and keep your answers short as you only have 90s to answer each. Careful not to accidentally press "stop recording" before you finish (yes, that happened to me).

Contract Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

Pre-screening video interview followed by a in-house interview with a team leader and an HR specialist. If successful there is another round of interviews with regional directors.

I didn't make it to the final round of interviews.

Positive experience overall as this seems to be a great company to work for.

However, at the in-house interview I shadowed a team member who was not super friendly. This made me a bit uneasy.

Also, I felt that the team leader who interviewed me did not fully understand my answers and some of their questions were not 100% clear due to a slight language barrier, which was a bit frustrating.