Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

858 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First stage was only some easy algorithmic questions, didn't get past that stage. Interviewer was sort of helpful at times I got stuck, however I felt he might have been a bit too nitpicking for an entry level role and overall he was not positive from the beginning for no apparent reason.

Interview Questions

• Given a string containing parentheses only, find if it's correct   Answer Question
    • Given an array of integers representing share values through a time period, find the maximum possible profit that you could make in that period   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

short
    difficult
    technical questions
    not very friendly
    but the recruitment team and their ambassadors were nice

case study
    expected to have high level of finance knowledge even if they sell you the idea that you can come from any background they ask technical questions with no preparation time and are surprised if you don't know them.

Global Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Company sent an invitation for a Pre-recorded video interview, this is the standard. However later they decided to conduct a phone interview instead. They called it he same day. It took 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Started with introduction from both parts. Then he went to my experience, what is a good citometria service to me and asked an example when I exceed expectations. Second part was about Bloomberg, its competitors, products and values. Third and final part was about the role I was applying and my fit tô it. Then he open to questions. Advice: Do Your Research!!   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

After I submitted my application, HR contacted me right away. It took them 3 weeks to schedule a phone interview. After I have passed the phone Interview, I got to the second round (again, it took them 3 weeks...) which was in my case a video interview with 2 team leaders. I have interviewed within a variety of industries (consulting, banking etc.) but I have never experienced a poor and unqualified interview process like this. After coming 10 minutes late to the interview, the team leaders who interviewed me started reading my CV (totally unprepared). They did not know what to ask, which is why they kept asking the same question over and over again - totally nonsense. After talking about it for 20 minutes they came up with the idea to make a role play. They explained some background information which already showed that they have no clue about finance whatsoever. It makes me kind of laugh now when reminding myself of the interview. After having said that it could be a good opportunity for me to learn from my team members, one of the team leader said (quote): "You cannot learn from anyone in the team really, they kind of suck, which is why we want to bring in someone experienced!".
    There is a lot of negative feedback here on glasdoor. I used to think that those are from candidates who were rejected and are kind of frustrated now. But I have been proven wrong, they indeed suck.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      - Guide me through your CV
      - Why Global Data?
      - Why this particular asset class?
      - Based on past experience, was there a time in which the client was unhappy and how did you deal with it?
      - Where do we source our data from?

Video Interview:
      -What is your motivation to apply for this role
      - Role play

They expect you to have prepared a bunch of questions, my phone interview for example was after 10 minutes over!   Answer Question

Summer Programmer Interview

Application

Interview

Was asked 7 questions -
    including what my thoughts were on Brexit/US increasing Fed rates/Rising oil prices on markets, what other bloomberg products they were, where i thought bloombergs data came from

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

1.5 h phone interview and Hacker rank pair coding. Interviewer wasn't very pleasant, quite aggressive and dismissive. I am asking myself what must be atmosphere at Bloomberg if this is their interview process. One of the most unpleasant interviews I have done.

Interview Questions

• What is STL   Answer Question
    • How vector and map containers are implemented, what is access time requirement.   Answer Question
    • What are different types of memory. Interviewer drilled down more and more on each answer.   Answer Question
    • Write a c++ program that checks if two strings are anagrams of each other.   Answer Question

Contract Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

I applied in mid-June and was contacted a couple of days later by HR for a phone screening, which was very pleasant and to understand a bit about my background, my expectations (including salary) and whether I had any questions about the role.

I was told on the spot I'd go on to the next round, which was an in-person interview with the team in London.

Once in the office, I had a 30min shadowing session with one of the Contract Coordinators, which explained how the day was usually broken down into, the main tasks, and was open to questions.

I then moved on to the interview itself with whom would have been my manager, and another Contract Coordinator.

I heard back a week after.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Video interview with 7 questions;

Invited to the Bloomberg office to meet the team leader from fundamentals and estimates (yes, that's right. They don't even have an ESG team leader). I have a feeling that the interviewers have very limited knowledge about ESG data, especially when I mentioned the TCFD which was initiated by their boss Mike Bloomberg, they seemed absolutely clueless. Also, they stressed that the position itself is very repetitive and requires a lot of manual data uploading tasks, which is nowhere near "analytical" as the title has suggested.

Also, the Bloomberg ESG data team (not Bloomberg Intelligence!) just sucks generally speaking. For instance, if you ask the helpdesk about "the carbon intensity of a fund", something less obvious than "water usage of Starbucks", you would be lucky to get an answer in less than half an hour. ESG is definitely not embedded in decision making or the corporate culture.

Analytics and Sales Interview

Application

Interview

It was a video interview which consisted of 9 questions. The first part was company\position related questions (Why you think you are a good match for this position ?, etc.). The last questions were field related, regarding bonds and oil prices

Interview Questions

• Please describe the connectivity of currency fluctuation and interest rates ?   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

Interview

After applying online, I was invited to the video recording interviews. Each question provides 30 seconds to prepare and then 1 minute and 30 minutes to answer. Mine was total 9 questions... Some people said 5, but mine was 9!! After that the language assessment, which I am waiting to do now.

Interview Questions

• Practice question: please briefly introduce your self   Answer Question
    • What will be like your day-to-day at work?   Answer Question
    • If you are going to have a meeting with a potential client, what will you do? what will be the step?   Answer Question
    • and couple more financial questions... :(   Answer Question