Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 16, 2017

857 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

Telephone Interview - the common Q "why bloomberg?", some Q's about C (stack, heap, what's a pointer), some Q's about Java and preferred Data Structure (mine was HashMap) and then the interviewer asked me if I have Qs for him. It went well and they asked me to come to on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember quite well, there were 2 questions were I didn't know the answer and I admitted that and then I said how I think things should be, and the interviewer told me I was right.   Answer Question

Data Acquisition Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

phone interview and face2face within 24hrs.. both interviews: talk about your CV, why bloomberg? who are our customers? which areas do u wanna improve yourself in (for the future).. they talk about the job description in the face2face interview.. it's all a bit secretive before that..

Interview Questions

• what are you weak at in the work you do.. what could be a big threat to bloomberg (answer is other companies free software)   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Telephone interview (5 minutes): why do you want to work with us? why this specific role? what are, in your opinion the mani skills to succeed in this role?

Interview Questions

• Why do you prefer to work with us rather than in a bank?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I was basically contacted by Bloomberg asking to have a phone interview, at that time i was not in a position to conduct the interview , then they asked when they can call me back. however they never called me back which sounds quite unprofessional

Intern Interview

Interview

very helpful although at times was hard to understand what was asked since the interviewer wasn t speaking very good english. Excessive questioning about financial markets as well as questions based on scenarios to see how the interviewee would respond. Finally, question regarding a specific company and how it would utilize the services of the firm.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Interview

1st interview: phone
    2nd: video conference

Financial Software Developer Interview

Interview

Applied online and the process took 3 days. The phone interview was relatively easy. The questions were mainly about C++. Asked what are overloading and overriding, pass by value and pass by reference, what are the default generated methods for a class etc. Some behaviour questions and Java questions. Two days later got the onsite interview invitation.

Interview Questions

• the unexpected question was "is the vector consecutive". I thought it wasn't as if it were consecutive then we would be able to use pointer arithmetic to iterate through the vector but i haven't seen that. I then was told it was actually consecutive. Just think about how vector is implemented and you won't miss it. The phone interview is easier than I expected. Nothing too difficult and the interviewer is quite nice.   Answer Question

Interview

telephone interview and face to face interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Interview

Phone interview applied 2 years a go

Financial Software Developer Interview

Interview

Phone interview asking basic C++ questions and some HR ones (why do you want to work for Bloomberg) followed by an on-site interview at their London office. On-site interview consisted of 2 technical interviews where they asked some simple algorithmic problems and asked to write some code on paper, plus a few questions on C++.