Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 22, 2017

Analytics and Sales for Japanese/Korean Speakers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Third-round interview( 1 hour) with one manager from Analytics team and one from Sales team. You really need to be able to answer " Why Bloomberg".

I'll have my final interview in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg, Why not other companies, Sell me something   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

application essays, psychometric test, video interview and reached team leader interview.
    Team leader interview was good but one team leader was obviously uninterested and just wanted an employee that would do as they say.

Interview Questions

• Many as explained in previous posts.   1 Answer

Asset-Backed Security (ABS) Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

7 recorded video interview questions in total.

Question 1
    Practice Question: Please give a brief introduction of yourself
    Question 2
    What is your understanding of the role and why are you interested in this particular opportunity?
    Question 3
    Based on your research, which 1 or 2 aspects of the job do you think is best suited to your skill set and why?
    Question 4
    In Global Data we source data for the terminal, where do you think we source our data from?
    Question 5
    Please describe what an Asset-Backed Security (ABS) is. Give examples of different types of ABS and mention at least one risk associated with investing in ABS.
    Question 6
    Give me an example of a project you've worked on which involved a large amount of data. What was the objective of the project and how did you execute on it?
    Question 7
    Talk me through an example where you made a process more efficient, and the tools you used?

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

4 stages, 1 phone, 1 with team leader, 1 with manager, 1 with head of department. Shadowing of team during 3rd stage. Was told Bloomberg is hardest company to get into after 1 other US Firm. Management team were very knowledgable

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg, how creative are you, financial statement breakdown   Answer Question

Sales & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

First phone interview followed by online video submission. Made it to video conference with team in London. Interviewer seemed irritated because he couldnt get the sound on his part to work, and once he did he seemed like he was already done with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about recent news that doesnt pertain to Donald Trump   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online Video Interview, Numerical Test, Shadowing and two interviews at office.
    Overall process went quick.

Last interview was difficult and unwelcoming. I felt that they did not see me as a fit at all, even though I went through all other stages. I would have preferred this decision was made earlier, they knew my background. State clearly the reason that you are interested in finance, like you read books and news in spare time.

The job came across as a customer service with every day being contacted by clients for questions on how to work the Bloomberg system..

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Video interview - Language test - Team leader interview

For the language test, I had a brief phone call with one of the team members who then asked me to submit a summary of the recent financial news in my mother tongue.

Aside from the common interview questions listed here, which helped a lot by the way, I was asked :
    - Explain BBG’s Enterprise Solutions in detail.
    - How would you prioritize support requests from a Research Analyst, a Risk Manager, and a FX Trader ?
    - What impacts are you going to bring to the company ?
    - Explain the square of 12 to a kid.

Overall the interviews were pleasant, but the whole process took too long - nearly 2 months.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email asking for an interview and scheduled a time. Interviewer never called and recruiter wasn't responding to my emails. Finally rescheduled the interview. Interviewer called this time. I told him that I was familiar with C++ but I preferred Python. He insisted on everything being in C++.

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview went well- the HR guy was really helpful and sent me loads of links to further read and prepare for face to face interview. I had applied for the role years earlier and was redacted to the extra support and guidance was very useful. I also tried to remember and mention al the financial products that Bloomberg has other than the terminal. I also caught up with major financial news for the region i was applying for.

IT Summer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Spoke on the phone while taking an assessed programming test on Hacker Rank. There were many questions aside from the main task and at some point it got a bit confusing. The interviewer put tricky questions to see if I knew little details of the c++ programming language and tried to get out as much as possible from every line of code. It was a bit overwhelming at some point but overall it all looked good.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Reverse a string in C++.
      Q2: Pair items in an array to get a specified sum efficiently.
      Answer Question