Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 26, 2017

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

they had several steps:
    - Online tests - mathematical one
    - Online video interview - 7 questions about the company and aspirations/ the position/ the industry
    - Shadowing
    - 2 interviews - 1 with manager and 1 with two people from the department
    overall is a quite long process and you have to be really motivated to pursue a career in finance

Interview Questions

• 7 questions about the company and aspirations/ the position/ the industry   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online in January 2017, as invited to a phone interview a number of weeks later. Phone interview was a few personal/CV questions, followed by some basic coding questions and one slightly tougher algorithm question on HackerRank. Interviewer was happy to clarify questions, and offered suggestions if I was stuck.
    Was invited to an interview day a few weeks later, consisting of a tour of the London office and a lunch with some current software engineers (who were conducting the first round of our interviews). First technical interview with two junior(?) engineers, consisting of 2-3 algorithm questions and a discussion of my CV. Second technical interview with a senior(?) engineer, a few more CV/experience questions, and one more difficult algorithm problem. Final fairly informal discussion with a HR employee to discuss my future intentions and aspirations, as well as ample opportunity to find out details of the employment, and ask any other questions.

Interview Questions

• Find the first unique item in an array of integers.   2 Answers

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very long, badly organised. The team leaders do not know anything about you and they just show up there with questions to make you fail the interview. Not pleasant. Bad treatment. Such a shame that big companies hire these kind of people to carry out the interviews. They called me three times to male sure that the languages I spoke were in accordance with their database.

Contract Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online then had two telephone conversation - one with the team leader and one from hr. Following that, I was invited to a face to face interview. The latter was rescheduled several times and when finally it happened they were late to see me. This has to be one of the most annoying interviews I have ever done. I genuinely regret attending this meeting. Three individuals - two over the phone (head and regional managers) and one in person and yet weren't able to make the right decision. The so-called team leader was a rather strange character he couldn't stop talking after the interview which was tiring to have to listen to him.

Interview Questions

• No need to prepare as they have a strange way of selecting candidates. I believe it tantamount to being unethical.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

1- Phone interview 2- Video interview 3- Language assessment both oral and written 4- interview with a team leader.

The interview was very smooth and I enjoyed every single moment of it. Just try and be prepared for their questions, mainly behavioral questions but also be aware of financial trends and market news. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg? Why sales and analytics? Relevant experiences?   1 Answer

Futures and Options Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was a video interview at the beginning which was not well organized since there was a bug between the questions and I refreshed many times the website until I complete the whole interview. They invited me in a telephone interview a week later and responded the next day.

Interview Questions

• Video interview:
      Why Bloomberg?
      Why this position?
      Give an example when you used the Bloomberg Terminal

Telephone interview:
      Why are you interested in this position?
      What programming skills do you have (with examples)?
      Questions relative to work experience
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I did firstly a interview with video questions. Then was invited to the offices in London, interview with two executives. ! hour long interview, but no offer at the end

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for bloomberg and not an investment bank   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Interview

Application

Interview

Got an email to schedule a phone/coding interview using Hackerrank. Phone interview questions weren't that difficult, my questions only involved working with basic arrays. After passing I got invited to an in-house interview at their office in London.

Interview Questions

• Say you have an array of n values. Find the moving average of m values. (i.e. average of 0..m-1, 1...m -> n-m...n-1)   1 Answer

Spring Week Prorgramme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online with a cover letter and by answering some questions in the application form. Got invited to complete a video interview consisting of 6 questions. The questions asked in the interview were not too difficult. Basically, about yourself and about Bloomberg. However, the time of reading and preparing your answers is only 30 seconds which I believe is pretty short considering some of the questions were pretty long. I passed the video interview stage I was invited to a video conference interview with two employees. They were very nice and the interview was not difficult. It was more like a friendly chat, where they ask you some question and you have some discussion.

AIM TradeDesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online through linkedin and then on their site. After a couple of weeks I received an email to arrange a telephone interview. The interviewer punctual and helpful.