Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jan 17, 2018

923 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

After I submitted my CV, I had a technical interview with them via telephone and had to write Java code by following instructions. The interview consisted of some trivial coding tasks followed by some less trivial technical questions.

Customer Account Manager Support Interview

Application

Interview

Got a phone interview few days later I applied, the lady over the phone was really nice and made me feel comfortable.
    After a week, I got a face to face interview with 2 managers of the department. They were both rude...one was doodling on his paper while I was talking and the other was yawning. They did not have any interest in me as a person or what I was talking about. I felt a little stupid being there since it was a waste of my time and their time. I am happy they did not take me as a candidate because I would not like to work in this environment and especially with managers like this.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomberg?
      Why switching to a technology company?
      Why did you quit your previous work?
      Sale me a product
      Be prepared... they will challenge you on your answer   Answer Question

Global Data Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied to the Capital Structure Analyst (in the Global Data division) 2017 in London office. I submitted the online application and after several weeks they contacted me to set up a telephone interview. The interviewer was a current capital structure analyst at Bloomberg London. It only lasts for about 20-25min, very short, brief and straightforward.
    Interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience and your skills?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • If let you choose work independently or work in a team, what would you choose and why?   Answer Question
    • Why Bloomberg and what are the core products?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the role?   Answer Question
    • If now I tell you we have sub-team of M&A and capital structure, which one do you prefer?   Answer Question

Placement Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying online was invited to an online interview using CodePair. Within a week I was invited to an on site interview which included much of the same as the first interview. I received an email within 1 week letting me know I was not continuing in the process

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

All the process was very smooth. Firstly I was asked to complete phone interview (about 30 minutes), quite easy algorithm interview. The second one - video interview with two engineers, as easy as the first one. Two questions related to data structures. After a week I was offered to go to London for the in-house interview. Bloomberg provided an invitation letter for a Visa Centre and paid for flights to London and a night in a hotel. Onsite they provided a quick tour of their great building and a breakfast with engineers. The first interview was a coding one, quite easy (binary search in matrix and data structures). The second one was about previous projects, experience, interests and software design. Was rejected after this one.

Application

Interview

The interview was a technical test on hackerank. My interviewer obviously didn't want to be there and was rude, and insulting. I would not want to work with this person.

Interview Questions

• I was given a hackerrank question, the question was not well specified and had insufficient test cases.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Quite pleasant, quick and efficient. My interviewer greeted me at the pantry, on time, and ran through a standard set of questions - tell me about you, why Bloomberg, why this role, and so on. It was quite professional, and my interviewer attempted to ease up the conversation, bringing a more conversational tone to it.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if Client were not interested in the product and/or client is unhappy with the service?   1 Answer

Sales and Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

a telephone interview, first ask your background, you what you learned, and then tell them a market news that interests you, finally write a summary in Chinese ( as I applied for Chinese team). It takes around 30 minutes. The intervier is very nice, and I passed the telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me a market news that is of your interest   1 Answer

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a 3 step process:

1. CV and Cover Letter Application
    2. Telephone Interview (Technical)
    3. Onsite Interviews (2 Technical, 1 HR)

1. Standard CV and Cover Letter

2. Telephone Interview

I was interviewing in Java. I was called on time and had a 15 minute discussion on my previous internship. Then he moved on to asking me an algorithm question in a Hackerrank shared screen. The question was "Write an algorithm to reverse the words in a string representing a sentence". It was a reasonable question and I got there in the end and gave a solution in O(n) time. We had a brief discussion about efficiency. The Interviewer was quite helpful and did point out potential issues in my code. I was speaking out loud all the time to him.

3 Interviews from 8:45am to 2pm in the Bloomberg office in London. A really nice place. We had a tour of the office first before our interviews as well as being given some nice goodies like free t-shirts and breakfast.

1st Technical Interview was 2 algorithm questions. I was asked to write the code on a Hackerrank screen with 2 interviewers in the same room. "Check if two strings are anagrams" and "Sum two numbers represented as linked lists (with most significant digit first)". They both went pretty well and I got the most efficient solution for both. They asked me if I could use a recursive method (I used iterative) for the second problem but we didn't actually code it.

2nd Technical Interview was 30 minutes about my CV. Industry experience and projects. Next 45 minutes was a system design problem where they asked me about stock indexes. I was asked to code on a hackerrank screen some basic functions regarding it which went pretty well.

3rd Interview was a HR interview. Asked me loads of questions about my CV, previous experience, Why Bloomberg, my career plan, expected salary etc.

All in all, a very smooth interview process.

Interview Questions

• Reverse words in a string   Answer Question
    • Check if two strings are anagrams   Answer Question
    • Sum two numbers represented as linked lists and return a linked list (with the most significant digit first).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very helpful and always motivated to test my limit. Initially I was nervous, but they were very friendly which helped me in calming down and finally leading to a perfect solution.

Interview Questions

• Given two numbers stored as linked list, add the two numbers and return the resulting linked list.   Answer Question