Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Apr 28, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (College Park, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied at a career fair, they asked a question on the spot and for me to write a code to solve it on paper. A couple days later I got an email asking to schedule an on campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a string "AABCCC" make a new string "2A1B3C"   3 Answers
    • Write a piece of code to find the square root of a number.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (College Park, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

OPI, 4 rounds totally, 3 round of technical interview, 1 round with HR. For the previous 2 rounds, 2 interviewers each round, for the last 2 round, 1 interviewers each round. each round takes around 1 hour except for the last one.

Interview Questions

• round1: reverse Integer, Valid Parentheses(leetcode 20) (two interviewers)
      round2: 1.design a horse racing system 2. given a height matrix, decide whether the rain can flow form the inside column to the left and right margin(two interviewers)
      round 3: talk with a manger, some behavior question, how to find the kth largest number in an unsorted array.
      round 4: talk with HR, behavior question.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied in October, replied 1-2 weeks later to schedule an in-person interview in Washington DC. Questions were generic, not too hard but it felt like the interviewer was "out to get me." Not friendly or welcoming. Overall bad experience

Interview Questions

• What is your 5 year plan?
      Why Bloomberg?
      Why are you right for this job?

Legislative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application in August. I received an email at the end of September to check on my interest in the position. I scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter. We discussed my general employment history, the job I had applied for, etc. A couple of days later I received an email to schedule an in person interview on site. I went to the site, interviewed for roughly 45 minutes with two individuals. The interview was very standard. Asking about my experience, explaining about the job, etc. I felt very comfortable and confident. I received an email a few days later to schedule a three hour timed writing test. This was basically a performance test. I felt pretty confident but the directions given were very generic and it took me the entire time. I am not sure if I gave them the product they were looking for, as the product was not explained well. Three weeks after submitting the test I received an email saying they would not be moving forward with me. I received no other feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your current experience to the tasks in this position?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (College Park, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

One of their software engineers called me and then he gave me two technique questions. After that two questions, he asked me whether I had any questions to ask him. The total time was 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• Given an array and a target. Find a continuous set in the array that its summary equals to the target.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (College Park, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus interview with two engineers. Met recruiters at my university's career fair and they asked me a technical question on the spot. Invited back for an interview after I did well on that question. Hour long second interview. Started by asking about my resume and came up with an impromptu question based on my startup idea. Added new levels of difficulty to the problem as the interview went on. One more technical question asked afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Given two linked lists that can intersect, find the first node they intersect at   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (College Park, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Company arrived on Campus for Career Fair,
    At the fair asked a simple array question at the stall itself
    Got invited to a personal interview, again on campus.
    Asked questions about binary search trees including verifying a binary search tree, addition and deletion of elements to a bst. The interview lasted 50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• At career fair: Given an array of positive and negative numbers, most efficient way to cluster all negative numbers on the left and all positives on the right.

In personal interview: How do you verify if a given tree is a binary search tree.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (College Park, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

Didn't get contact with any HR Representative. Multiple rounds of interviews on campus. First day was with one person, second day was with a few. Two technical interviews, then HR interview, then interview with a manager (technical as well)

Interview Questions

• Technical questions can vary, but come from all aspects of programming. Some high level, some design etc.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process wasn't overly strenuous but was not a walk in the park. The applicant field was quite large as you can imagine. Just be relaxed and prepared. Most of the interview questions already posted on here are accurate. If you know current market events, how basic financial instruments work, and information about Bloomberg you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me as much as you can about Thomson Reuters Eikon.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview that was very quick, it lasted maybe 10 minutes. They flew us all in, about 50 of us, to DC. We had a tour of the DC office and then had an hour interview scheduled for an hour. I interviewed with 2 managers, 1 one for sales and 1 for analytic. They were very nice and did not ask any trick questions.