Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied in October, replied 1-2 weeks later to schedule an in-person interview in Washington DC. Questions were generic, not too hard but it felt like the interviewer was "out to get me." Not friendly or welcoming. Overall bad experience

Interview Questions

• What is your 5 year plan?
      Why Bloomberg?
      Why are you right for this job?   Answer Question

Legislative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application in August. I received an email at the end of September to check on my interest in the position. I scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter. We discussed my general employment history, the job I had applied for, etc. A couple of days later I received an email to schedule an in person interview on site. I went to the site, interviewed for roughly 45 minutes with two individuals. The interview was very standard. Asking about my experience, explaining about the job, etc. I felt very comfortable and confident. I received an email a few days later to schedule a three hour timed writing test. This was basically a performance test. I felt pretty confident but the directions given were very generic and it took me the entire time. I am not sure if I gave them the product they were looking for, as the product was not explained well. Three weeks after submitting the test I received an email saying they would not be moving forward with me. I received no other feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your current experience to the tasks in this position?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process wasn't overly strenuous but was not a walk in the park. The applicant field was quite large as you can imagine. Just be relaxed and prepared. Most of the interview questions already posted on here are accurate. If you know current market events, how basic financial instruments work, and information about Bloomberg you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me as much as you can about Thomson Reuters Eikon.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview that was very quick, it lasted maybe 10 minutes. They flew us all in, about 50 of us, to DC. We had a tour of the DC office and then had an hour interview scheduled for an hour. I interviewed with 2 managers, 1 one for sales and 1 for analytic. They were very nice and did not ask any trick questions.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

Not as difficult as one might expect. Lots of behavioral questions. Mostly focused on finding great team players. This is important with the open floor plan. I had a 20 min phone screen and 2 one-on one interviews prior to accepting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Senior Event Planner - BGOV (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied on May 15, 2013 and got an email a week later to do a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview on May 23. I met with 2 individuals who, quite frankly, seemed too busy to meet with me. I extended my hand to shake the person of my hand who met me at the reception area, and he ignored it.. He rushed me down a hall, checking his phone the entire time. The other interviewer was eating her lunch during my interview (which was at 5pm!) and the other one kept looking at his watch. They looked at my resume, briefly discussed my experience, asked me a few predictable questions and one completely inappropriate question that I almost walked out. They told me that I was over qualified, which quite frankly I was wondering why they even brought me in. A complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Where were you born? Doesn't that violate all sorts of HR rules and an EEOC violation?!? Michael Bloomberg's employees need a refresher on HR policies and interview processes.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview and casual. Easy to pass. Second was an on-site interview lasted about 3 hours. Their developers will come in pairs and ask you technical problems to solve. Then their manager will come and ask you about some general questions i.e. what's your career goal etc.

Contract Negotiations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Law school graduate who applied to various BLAW positions in DC, NY and NJ through the online site. got a call back in about a week. three rounds of interviews over 2 week period. all phone interviews. Next step would have been an in-person but didn't get that far.

Currently in interview process for another Bloomberg position, so I highly recommend you do not get discouraged if you don't get the first position you apply for.

Interview Questions

• "What one word makes you a great fit for this position?" This was not a difficult question but was unexpected as most of the other questions were very formal and easy for me to apply my experiences to the duties that would be assigned.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewer for the phone interview was awful. He asked vague questions like "If you run into a problem in the constructor, how would you solve that?" If you ask clarifying questions, he thinks you're stupid for not understanding such a simple question. I will likely never apply to Bloomberg again.

Interview Questions

• If you run into a problem in the constructor, how would you solve that?   1 Answer
    • If you run into a problem in the destructor, how would you solve that?   Answer Question
    • There's different data coming in different frequencies. How would you design the database?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

As usual Bloomberg's interview process was very quick. I've interviewed twice for two different positions, one in New York City and the other in DC. The first was both by phone and then face-to-face with New Energy Finance in NYC. I initially applied for a research position then was recommended I try sales and development. After speaking to the folks it seemed a bit to sales for my taste in profession.

This last interview was a phone interview here in DC. The interview was very straight forward, I actually think I may have over-prepared for it. It was a good lesson. I prepared papers, water, a bunch of materials and probably ended up over-anwering the interview questions when straight succinct answers were probably expected. The interviewer seemed satisfied with shorter, perhaps, two sentence answers.