Bloomingdale's Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.6

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Group interview with other sales prospects; if selected then asked for one on one interview with manager; if you expect to be hired, you must interact with other candidates during the group interview; job seekers with engaging and outgoing personalities should use this opportunity to ask questions of others in the interview , if you sit there and wait for someone to talk, you will not be hired

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application, heard back a week or so later about scheduling an interview and was set up pretty quickly. Went to the interview, extremely short, even though the two before me were much longer, and scheduled a second interview. The HR woman saved me for last and seemed relatively interested in my experience, from what I heard with the two previously they had little experience. I accidentally scheduled the second for the wrong day and called numerous times with no answer, and left two voicemails over the course of four days. When I didn't hear back, I showed up anyways and the VM was out sick, the recruiter was there and apologized profusely saying that since I had to reschedule she didn't bother calling me back. Promised to reschedule with me, never heard from again, never responded to my call or email. Not only wasted my time, but extremely unprofessional and now the position is closed. If you weren't interested, don't promise to call back.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Lombard, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Before my interview appointment, HR emailed me the day before that they had filled the position. They said I can still come in and see what other openings they have for me.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I was invited to interview online, which took a long time to finally get an interview date. I interviewed the first week of December. The department manager I was supposed to interview with took off that day so I had to come in twice to interview with someone else. I was supposed to know what seasonal work I would be doing the next day. They stopped all contact after that. Extremely unprofessional. I could tell they were lying based on the person I interviewed with, because apparently there were "no positions" when I was told there were several the first time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have package handling experience?   1 Answer

Sale Management/Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The hiring process is straightforward, there is an initial interview, then either a group or individual follow up. If you get through the first level, you then meet with the department manager for a specific department, and then also with a vendor representative or account executive, if you will be a product specialist.

Interview Questions

• Customer service, and service and sales related questions.   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

First part was a group interview where they ask us basic questions. Why bloomingdales? Describe your personal style? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Next was a brief individual interview where you can go more into detail and say anything you want to say about why you want the position. After,they follow up with an interview with beauty manager.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview at first. Then I got a call from the manager and set up another interview with her. Then I had a interview with the vendor from the brand I was applying for and heard back from them within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 trends you see in the fashion industry.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Group interview followed by one on one interviews. Group interview was really fun and interesting to hear from other candidates. Everyone was really friendly and professional. Took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for the company.   1 Answer

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Standard process- phone interview, group interview, individual interview. It moved pretty quickly. After the interview process I never heard from anyone to let me know I wasn't hired. I do not have 50 words to write about this interview process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Had to submit an online resume. Waited for call for interview. It was scheduled and it went well. Now waiting to hear when the start date is. There will be a prehiring assessment test as well. Prepared very well for interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   2 Answers