Bloomingdale's Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.8

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I was invited to interview online, which took a long time to finally get an interview date. I interviewed the first week of December. The department manager I was supposed to interview with took off that day so I had to come in twice to interview with someone else. I was supposed to know what seasonal work I would be doing the next day. They stopped all contact after that. Extremely unprofessional. I could tell they were lying based on the person I interviewed with, because apparently there were "no positions" when I was told there were several the first time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have package handling experience?   1 Answer

Sale Management/Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The hiring process is straightforward, there is an initial interview, then either a group or individual follow up. If you get through the first level, you then meet with the department manager for a specific department, and then also with a vendor representative or account executive, if you will be a product specialist.

Interview Questions

• Customer service, and service and sales related questions.   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

First part was a group interview where they ask us basic questions. Why bloomingdales? Describe your personal style? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Next was a brief individual interview where you can go more into detail and say anything you want to say about why you want the position. After,they follow up with an interview with beauty manager.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview at first. Then I got a call from the manager and set up another interview with her. Then I had a interview with the vendor from the brand I was applying for and heard back from them within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 trends you see in the fashion industry.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Group interview followed by one on one interviews. Group interview was really fun and interesting to hear from other candidates. Everyone was really friendly and professional. Took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for the company.   1 Answer

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Standard process- phone interview, group interview, individual interview. It moved pretty quickly. After the interview process I never heard from anyone to let me know I wasn't hired. I do not have 50 words to write about this interview process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Had to submit an online resume. Waited for call for interview. It was scheduled and it went well. Now waiting to hear when the start date is. There will be a prehiring assessment test as well. Prepared very well for interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   2 Answers

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

A group of interviewers in one room, I felt I was a child instead of of interviewing to a career position. The interviewers were seeing to be very uncomfortable and you could tell the people who could (Liers) talk without being uncomfortable were the people who went onto the next step of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a team environment.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

have a large group interview first, asked by one HR manager, we had 6 people sitting around, answered the questions one by one, all behavior questions. I was kind of my first sales interview, I was a bit nervous but I tried my best to answer them. Passed the first round interview, HR told me to meet the lingerie manager immediately. I was led to a small room where she asked about my resume and any achievements related to sales. Also she asked several situation questions.

Interview Questions

• How can you make a customer buy a 300 dolloar lingerie?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Arranged interview was group of 8 ppl or so , a seeing questions and giving imput . Second interview with manage and offer is made. Training laser two days where they cover company policies , show us how to access network and loss prevention lecture. All questions are answered and a tour of store is given .