Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bloomingdale's

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Associate Interview

Interview

Great. They were extremely nice and asked me about my background. It was an easy, smooth process. They offered me the job on the spot and had me sign papers immediately. Great company to work for. They give you plenty of hours, have other great employees, and in a great location.

Planning Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Had a 20-minute phone interview that was mainly background / screening - we went over my resume etc. That was followed by a 30-minute Skype interview, that was almost entirely job and industry-specific questions, with a few, short, problem management questions.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about working at Bloomingdales?   Answer Question
    • How do you think retail is fairing in a technology-driven society?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Lengthy process involving phone interviews with recruiters, then an in person interview with several store level executives including HR and the direct supervisor. From there an interview with a VP and then potentially an interview with Director of Stores or another board position. Talent assessments and leadership screening are also part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between recognition and appreciation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I applied several times for this program over the course of about two years, and never heard back until the latest time when I applied and heard from a recruiter the very next day. I then completed an online analysis skills-testing quiz and had a phone interview. I sent a thank you and never heard from the recruiter again.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

A general group interview followed by individual interview. The group interview was just a general introduction of everyone. As for the individual process, they didn't even ask any question related to skillsets.

Interview Questions

Interview

Panel interview with about four managers where you are asked multiple questions and got to network a bit before going in. They made a decision within 2 hours and I got the job.

Interview Questions

Interview

Pretty easy interview overall. The company usually mass hires and sometimes even hires people without any experience. Good place to start in retail if you are looking to learn about the retail world or find another job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Very smooth and pleasant. The HR department was very nice and the interview was very conversational. I had two interviews. I was offered a position after the second interview.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in February 2020.

Interview

I showed up for a hiring fair, was under the impression it would be a group interview but it was not. The questions were extremely specific and detailed situational questions, rather than "what are your strengths/weaknesses" or "why do you think you'd be a good fit" which is more what I was prepared to answer. I did my very best to answer but found it a little difficult. The interviewer came off like she loved my answers but I never got a call back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• Imagine a girl comes in looking for a prom style. Describe how you would best consult and demonstrate product to meet her needs and any points of selling technique you would use to close the sale.   Answer Question

Sales Associaate Interview

Interview

Fair, it was pretty goo. a little intense but pretty fair interview no question caught me off guard. Good Luck Guys. Make sure to smile look professional and be present.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

Human Resources reached out via email to set up an interview. I went through three rounds of interviews in one day. One with HR, then the manager, then back to HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience?   1 Answer