Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.4

640 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I went to a hiring event after applying online, was asked about retail experience, my thoughts on customer service, and handling conflict. I was hired on the spot and asked to fill out some forms with my information/availability.

Interview Questions

• What word comes to mind when I say 'customer service' ?   Answer Question

PT Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Applied for the position and before the day ended I was sent an interview invite. I chose the date and time that I wanted to attend the group interview. I received confirmation of the invite. I took the day off from my job to attend this interview. When I walked in, the HR Associate explained to me that the position was filled a month ago, and the vendor that is used to process their postings hasn't been able to remove it. When I expressed why wasn't I contacted, she explained we give everyone the chance to come in to interview for other available positions...I was extremely disappointing and upset. What a trifling way to handle the customers interested in working for them! Luckily I seen this happened to someone else before so I wasn't entirely shocked.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

Too long. 5 different interviews for a $14 an hour job. Over the top.
    Arrived early with resume. Large HR office. Many people waiting for an interview. Shaky atmosphere. Floor manager was pushy and aggressive in interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Quick group interview that lasted about 30 minutes, all were applying for different positions. This is conducted by hiring managers from the HR team. They conduct a second round interview if they are interested in moving forward. That interview was also quick and light. They made it a very easy process and a nonintimidating environment.

Interview Questions

• mostly general questions about my background in retail and makeup   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Glendale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview of 4 people one of whom didn't show up. We were asked questions and you could answer them whenever you were ready. Took about 30-50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If you moved to another place what would you take with you? (besides electronics)   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Two interviews back to back with HR representatives one was pretty chill in the other they asked a lot of excel related questions so be prepared. They also asked about what is the ideal environment I would like to work in and some questions related to fashion and the newest trends.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Arlington, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview of five people for different positions. They ask you questions related to Bloomingdale's and your personal life. Tell your background any experience in sales... etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Miami, FL).

Interview

Lots of interviews and training. Be prepare to be there and wait. Great company overall,but I am not interested.Low commission and lots of work hours. Weekends and Holidays too.

Interview Questions

• What is your estimate salary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

really easy going people, it was one on one. questions were very easy to answer. they were all nice and friendly. interviewed with 2 people, the recruiter and the manager of the store .

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Aventura, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was really nice and down to Earth. She asked about my previous work experience in retail stores. She also asked me a couple questions about fashion and trends.

Interview Questions

• What is one fashion trend that absolutely never want to see come back?   1 Answer