Bloomingdale's Sales Manager Trainee (Stage I) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomingdale's Sales Manager Trainee (Stage I) Interview Questions

Sales Manager Trainee (Stage I) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I went to a career fair and applied through my school's career website. After meeting with recruiters, they invited me for a first round interview on campus. There were two interviews. They asked behavioral questions and then gave me a case study at the end. I think as long as you know why you want to work there and are prepared to tell them why you are qualified, then it is not bad. After the 1st round, I was invited to 2nd round interviews which was held at the Bloomingdale's office in the store. They invited a group of students from my school to come for the day to meet the executives of Bloomingdale's and gave us a a tour of the store and also provided breakfast and lunch. Afterwards we had 3 back to back interviews with the executive where they kind of grill you on why you are qualified and why Bloomingdale's.They also asked about my customer service experience/retail experience. Overall I had a good experience with Bloomingdale's.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a customer that you knew was wrong?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Sales Manager Trainee (Stage I) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and was pleased to hear back, so I set up a first interview online and went in and met with a human resources assistant. She asked me a few basic questions and wrote down my answers. She was nice and it seemed like it went well. She then told me she wanted me to meet with the ready to wear manager for a second interview, and told me she would be in touch in about a week since the managers were all in meetings. I didn't hear back for a couple weeks, but then finally was called in for the second interview. I went in and did not meet with the RTW manager, but the HR manager. Right off the bat it was bad because she refused to shake my hand. Then she actually told me first thing that the position wasn't available anymore, so I didn't know what I was doing there anymore. Clearly she had not read my resume or cover letter. She had no questions to ask me and talked for a very long time about how difficult the position was and everything it entailed, even though she already told me it was unavailable. Overall she was rude and had no business being in HR. I wasted my time and money by paying $27 to park in the garage in the city. Very poor opinion of this company now. It worked out because I got a job with a competing department store down the street.

Interview Questions