Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.4

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Getting an interview was the easy part. Getting hired was a bust because I am pregnant. However, I received nasty looks as if my belly was permanently attached to my body. Whatever!

Interview Questions

• When did your Visual Merchandising actually start?   Answer Question
    • Did you have to work out of a book when styling mannequins?   Answer Question
    • On a scale from 1-10 how much did you like doing what you were doing?   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Miami, FL).

Interview

2 Part Interview; First was via phone speaking to someone from headquarters and the second was in person speaking to someone from HR. The first interview was mostly about your resume and experiences. Want to get to know you. The second part was hypothetical questions to see how you would respond to specific situations with employees and customers.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I received an email shortly after applying online to schedule an interview. On the day of the interview I arrived 10 minutes early and was immediately greeted by the HR front office assistant. Over 20 minutes go by before anyone came out to greet me, the interviewer seemed frantic and I overheard her say to the office assistant that she had to cancel her call to see me. This showed me just how disorganized and unprepared they were, even though this interview was booked a week prior. So, the interviewer came out over 10 minutes passed my interview time and took me into a small file cabinet room. The interview lasted a whopping 20 minutes and she only asked me few, short questions that barely allowed me to showcase my strengths or personality. The interviewer spent a majority of the time talking about how unqualified I was and really made it feel as if I was wasting her time completely. She had asked if I had any interest in any other departments since I was unqualified for the Cosmetic Departments expectations, even though I have been in the beauty industry for almost 10 years in various roles.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone and I noticed I was put on speaker (which I totally dislike because you cannot hear the person as clear as possible), but overall: it was okay. The interviewer asked few generic questions. The first interview lasted around 15-20 minutes.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with about four other individuals, all for different positions within the building. I liked it... it was more laid back and casual, and the interviewers ensured that everyone had a voice and an opportunity to answer their questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your style?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Huntington, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The HR rep was very nice, asked me some basic questions about my life, school, my future. Asked me how I could be an asset at bloomingdales. Very concerned about sales for the holiday season.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Willow Grove, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Met for preliminary interview with the head of HR. A great process, very straightforward, very clear. Second interview I requested with the head of the men's department, another great process, no complaints, it was quickly arranged and handled with respect and interest.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this company?   1 Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The HR representatives were wonderful and made me feel like a valued candidate. One interview on campus and one interview at the Flagship in NYC. In person interview was from 8-5 with 3 individual interviews (2 people from HR), a group case study interview, one hour job shadow, breakfast and lunch provided, upper level manager spoke to us. It was a long day, but was very enjoyable.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Eh it was fairly simple. I called, got an interview and they asked me some questions then I met with the department manager and was hired on the spot and started a few days later

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Glendale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

This interview process was brief and straight to the point. The interview questions were the exact typical interview questions that they normally ask. If you would google typical interview questions, you'd get the same ones asked.