Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.5

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chestnut Hill, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I got the interview with HR next week after online application. Got the email very quickly after online application. HR asked very simple questions. The interview went on very fast, about 15 mins.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

It is a face to face interview, I get the notice of interview after I apply for two weeks ago. The HR is nice and always smile. You be talk with the department manager if you enter next step

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Easy, brief, asked all the questions you will find by googling "interview questions". I applied and got a call from HR to arrange an interview. I interviewed with the department manager, HR manager, and had a background check done. Once all of that was set, I did a four hour computer training and was able to start.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the company? What is the Bloomingdale's Way? What are your strongest and weakest qualities? What do you know about the company? Tell me about a time you had to report a Manager/Supervisor/Leader for the sake of your job. How does your experience qualify you for this job?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Met with the head of HR, and then the department manager and group manager. Spoke about the role and what I could bring to the company. Fairly straightforward, not very difficult, could tell they just needed bodies on the floor.

Interview Questions

Interview

super fast got an email the next day to schedule an interview. the interview was supposed to be a group one but it was just me and I received an option 5 position instead of the one I applied for.

Interview Questions

• What is one opportunity to be a better you? Basically what's your biggest flaw?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Group Interview than an individual interview with a department specific manager. Group interview was just a series of questions to get a feel for the different personalities in the room. It lasted about 30-45 minutes and then they called you for another interview based on what department they feel you will work best in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school's career page and heard back from a recruiter from Bloomingdale's two and a half month's later. The first phase was a phone screen with the recruiter and this lasted roughly fifteen to twenty minutes. The phone screen interview was a walk through of my resume/ experiences, why I picked my college, and the recruiter was essentially trying to see if I was interested in the MEDP at Bloomingdale's. At the end of the phone screen I was extended the second round interview and I was asked to complete two online questionnaires, both of which were long, tedious and challenging. I had the second round interview two weeks later and this was a hirevue screen call with the recruiter. All the questions were behavioral based and I was essentially asked why Bloomingdale's. The interview was not particularly hard and the recruiter was really easy to talk to. By the end of my second round, I was immediately offered the final round of interviews. But I had to take two questionnaires again, one of which I already took. The final round was also through hirevue screen calls and it was two 30-minute interviews with two different merchandisers currently at Bloomingdale's. Both the interviews consisted of behavioral questions. The first interviewer was eight years into her time at Bloomingdale's and was relatively easy to talk to. Some questions that threw me off: how would you improve Bloomingdale's current website, who are three people you would contact if you needed to create a plan to merchandise a product in a store, and what is something that I have to know about you. Again, it wasn't hard but I wasn't sure what they were looking for. The next interviewer was 20-25 minutes late to the interview with me and she was much older. She didn't ask me too many questions and had little to no structure to the interview. It wasn't particularly easy to talk to her and she did not seem to connect with me at all. Overall, did not do well with this interviewer because she did not seemed engaged and present with me. Questions she asked me: tell me about yourself, what skills do you have that can carry over to being a merchandiser, what did you learn in your retail experience. The following week I was then told that the company needed to decide if they wanted to continue with my candidacy. During that time, they sent me a retail math test to complete and send back to them. Bloomingdale's did not get back to when they said they would and sent an automated rejection notification to me a week later. This process took 5-6 weeks and I was with the same recruiter for a week; I was surprised with the lack of personable employees and Bloomingdale's and this left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve Bloomingdale's current website?   Answer Question
    • Who are three people you would contact if you needed to create a plan to merchandise a product in a store?   Answer Question
    • What is something that I have to know about you?   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had about 4 phone interviews. One with a recruiter, one with the store manager, one with the District HR manager, and one with the store's HR manager. In person, I interviewed with the store manager, the assistant store manager (my future boss), the hr manager, and the operations manager.

Interview Questions

• It was A LOT of behavioral based questions. Examples of successes, conflicts, customer issues, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited to interview in Philadelphia liberty mall. It was very fast, just 15 minutes. Chatted with a lady in her office. She just asked my experience and available time. It was very easy, but I did not get an offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I applied online. Received interview schedule email the next day. You are interview by the HR manager first, it was a group interview, and then face to face interview each of us. If you passed, they will arrange the floor manager interview you.

Interview Questions

• If you are in an island whats the only thing will you bring?   1 Answer