Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I got information from college job fair. I called the next day and filled out questionaire online and went for an interview the next week. The entire process was easy., got hired right away.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions about sales   1 Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Made the application through university website. Met the staff through a social night before the interview. I met some of interviews that nigh. They have two interviews: individual one and case study. The interviewers are all very nice.

Interview Questions

• Ask about my resume. For case study, they let you pick the most potential candidates based on the information given. You need to explain why. Pay attention to the time.   Answer Question

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

They got back to me literally the next morning after applying. I scheduled my group interview for the following week. The group interview was short. That same day I got invited back for a second interview with one of the managers. She was so excited and friendly.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received the invitation for face-to-face interview. The manager was very friendly. The interview lasted around 15-20 min. Asked questions about the current job, my interests. Said that will let me know next week. They did contact me and told me that the place was taken by in house employee but offered another interview for different department

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

A single, 30-minute phone interview followed up by a 90-minute in-person interview three days later.

The hiring manager walked in to the office in which I was waiting, handed me his computer and told me to solve a problem pre-formatted in a JSFiddle page on his machine. He then proceeded to do some work on another machine in the room while I got to work on the solution. Thirty minutes later, I was finished, we were done, and it was clear that this wasn’t a good fit for either of us.

Interview Questions

• Use core JavaScript (or jQuery) to render a two-column layout consisting of an image along the left column and some data along the right column. The path to the image and the data were all in the JavaScript file that I was asked to edit.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited to interview in Philadelphia liberty mall. It was very fast, just 15 minutes. Chatted with a lady in her office. She just asked my experience and available time. It was very easy, but I did not get an offer.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

You'll meet with at least three people and they will ask you the typical sales questions. They will hire just about anyone so don't sweat it. Be sure to dress business professional because that's what you work in. It is one on one, so theirs no trying to stand out.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you have engaged an unruly customer; what was the issue and how did you resolve it to close a sale?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The position is non- negotiable

EDP Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

First round: one phone call with HR, mainly behavioral questions and tell me about a time when..
    Second Round: a video session with HR, mainly behavioral questions and tell me about a time when..
    Third Round: video session with a Buyer or Planner, a little bit about you and then also questions pertaining to buying and planning

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge
      - Tell me about a time when you used excel in a project for school or something
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Longest interview like an hour and half long with 5 other people, group interview. It didn't feel too competitive. they took a long time to get back to me for a second interview i think it was about a week maybe a little longer. make sure to research the brands they carry.

Buy Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Quick and normal type of interview. One phone call and then a virtual interview. They ask you to tell them about yourself and to walk through your resume. They also will ask if you have questions at the end, make sure you do.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you convinced somebody using numbers?   Answer Question