Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.4

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Glendale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

This interview process was brief and straight to the point. The interview questions were the exact typical interview questions that they normally ask. If you would google typical interview questions, you'd get the same ones asked.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The HR representatives were wonderful and made me feel like a valued candidate. One interview on campus and one interview at the Flagship in NYC. In person interview was from 8-5 with 3 individual interviews (2 people from HR), a group case study interview, one hour job shadow, breakfast and lunch provided, upper level manager spoke to us. It was a long day, but was very enjoyable.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Willow Grove, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Met for preliminary interview with the head of HR. A great process, very straightforward, very clear. Second interview I requested with the head of the men's department, another great process, no complaints, it was quickly arranged and handled with respect and interest.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Huntington, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The HR rep was very nice, asked me some basic questions about my life, school, my future. Asked me how I could be an asset at bloomingdales. Very concerned about sales for the holiday season.

PT Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Applied for the position and before the day ended I was sent an interview invite. I chose the date and time that I wanted to attend the group interview. I received confirmation of the invite. I took the day off from my job to attend this interview. When I walked in, the HR Associate explained to me that the position was filled a month ago, and the vendor that is used to process their postings hasn't been able to remove it. When I expressed why wasn't I contacted, she explained we give everyone the chance to come in to interview for other available positions...I was extremely disappointing and upset. What a trifling way to handle the customers interested in working for them! Luckily I seen this happened to someone else before so I wasn't entirely shocked.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

Too long. 5 different interviews for a $14 an hour job. Over the top.
    Arrived early with resume. Large HR office. Many people waiting for an interview. Shaky atmosphere. Floor manager was pushy and aggressive in interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Quick group interview that lasted about 30 minutes, all were applying for different positions. This is conducted by hiring managers from the HR team. They conduct a second round interview if they are interested in moving forward. That interview was also quick and light. They made it a very easy process and a nonintimidating environment.

Interview Questions

• mostly general questions about my background in retail and makeup   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Glendale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview of 4 people one of whom didn't show up. We were asked questions and you could answer them whenever you were ready. Took about 30-50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If you moved to another place what would you take with you? (besides electronics)   Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Two interviews back to back with HR representatives one was pretty chill in the other they asked a lot of excel related questions so be prepared. They also asked about what is the ideal environment I would like to work in and some questions related to fashion and the newest trends.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Paramus, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

They ask you a series of questions of the kind of work you've been involved with in the past. Mainly ask you of your retail experience to gauge what kind of worker you are likely to be.