Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.5

Merchandise Associate - Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

so, i saw on snagajob how the bloomingdales was hiring for the merchandising associate and i read the description. it sounded like a stocker job. i put in the application online and woke up the next morning with an email saying they have invited me for a job interview. interviews started the following week. i went to the bloomingdales, asked the cashier for the manager and the manager came and got me from the sales floor and guided me to the interview room. we got straight to the interview and it was so laid back. she only asked me two questions. and then we got in a small little conversation. only lasted 10 mins and im waiting on a response. she said the max i should wait back for a response is 2 weeks because they have to pick their best applicant. also, they are looking for 1 person to fill this merchandising position. but, she said they still may be able to put me in sales if they still wanted to hire me. the manager was nice and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school's career page and heard back from a recruiter from Bloomingdale's two and a half month's later. The first phase was a phone screen with the recruiter and this lasted roughly fifteen to twenty minutes. The phone screen interview was a walk through of my resume/ experiences, why I picked my college, and the recruiter was essentially trying to see if I was interested in the MEDP at Bloomingdale's. At the end of the phone screen I was extended the second round interview and I was asked to complete two online questionnaires, both of which were long, tedious and challenging. I had the second round interview two weeks later and this was a hirevue screen call with the recruiter. All the questions were behavioral based and I was essentially asked why Bloomingdale's. The interview was not particularly hard and the recruiter was really easy to talk to. By the end of my second round, I was immediately offered the final round of interviews. But I had to take two questionnaires again, one of which I already took. The final round was also through hirevue screen calls and it was two 30-minute interviews with two different merchandisers currently at Bloomingdale's. Both the interviews consisted of behavioral questions. The first interviewer was eight years into her time at Bloomingdale's and was relatively easy to talk to. Some questions that threw me off: how would you improve Bloomingdale's current website, who are three people you would contact if you needed to create a plan to merchandise a product in a store, and what is something that I have to know about you. Again, it wasn't hard but I wasn't sure what they were looking for. The next interviewer was 20-25 minutes late to the interview with me and she was much older. She didn't ask me too many questions and had little to no structure to the interview. It wasn't particularly easy to talk to her and she did not seem to connect with me at all. Overall, did not do well with this interviewer because she did not seemed engaged and present with me. Questions she asked me: tell me about yourself, what skills do you have that can carry over to being a merchandiser, what did you learn in your retail experience. The following week I was then told that the company needed to decide if they wanted to continue with my candidacy. During that time, they sent me a retail math test to complete and send back to them. Bloomingdale's did not get back to when they said they would and sent an automated rejection notification to me a week later. This process took 5-6 weeks and I was with the same recruiter for a week; I was surprised with the lack of personable employees and Bloomingdale's and this left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve Bloomingdale's current website?   Answer Question
    • Who are three people you would contact if you needed to create a plan to merchandise a product in a store?   Answer Question
    • What is something that I have to know about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Lombard, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Before my interview appointment, HR emailed me the day before that they had filled the position. They said I can still come in and see what other openings they have for me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I got information from college job fair. I called the next day and filled out questionaire online and went for an interview the next week. The entire process was easy., got hired right away.

Executive Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Made the application through university website. Met the staff through a social night before the interview. I met some of interviews that nigh. They have two interviews: individual one and case study. The interviewers are all very nice.

Interview Questions

• Ask about my resume. For case study, they let you pick the most potential candidates based on the information given. You need to explain why. Pay attention to the time.   Answer Question

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

They got back to me literally the next morning after applying. I scheduled my group interview for the following week. The group interview was short. That same day I got invited back for a second interview with one of the managers. She was so excited and friendly.

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

A single, 30-minute phone interview followed up by a 90-minute in-person interview three days later.

The hiring manager walked in to the office in which I was waiting, handed me his computer and told me to solve a problem pre-formatted in a JSFiddle page on his machine. He then proceeded to do some work on another machine in the room while I got to work on the solution. Thirty minutes later, I was finished, we were done, and it was clear that this wasn’t a good fit for either of us.

Interview Questions

• Use core JavaScript (or jQuery) to render a two-column layout consisting of an image along the left column and some data along the right column. The path to the image and the data were all in the JavaScript file that I was asked to edit.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received the invitation for face-to-face interview. The manager was very friendly. The interview lasted around 15-20 min. Asked questions about the current job, my interests. Said that will let me know next week. They did contact me and told me that the place was taken by in house employee but offered another interview for different department

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited to interview in Philadelphia liberty mall. It was very fast, just 15 minutes. Chatted with a lady in her office. She just asked my experience and available time. It was very easy, but I did not get an offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out my interview sheet and got interviewed they interviewed me and told me I was fit for the job and got hired on the spot then I had to wait a couples days to start my training

Interview Questions

• They asked my why I want to work for the company. How did I find out about it.Do I think I can handle the job.   1 Answer