Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.5

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a quick response back once i submitted the application but on the interview i was told i will hear back from them quickly never did when i called to check the status of my interview the receptionist ask my name put me on hold she came back and said i will hear something back for the next steps by the end of the week got an email the next 2 days saying i didn't get the job so very unprofessional and lied i would of been happy if she was just straight up with when i called

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked to meet the HR in the shop's 3rd floor. I went couple of minutes earlier. The HR was very approaching and fashionable. HR went through the resume quickly and asked 4-5 questions. Also explained me the responsibilities of this job.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself. Why did you choose this job? How do you manage to stay up to date with fashion industry?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

He asked a couple of questions . you will do a stylist pull too. good place to work. i had a mentor.interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a positive experience. I met with different leaders and members on 3 different interview occasions. They were all kind and really wanted to know about my design background and how I could add to the growth of the company.

Interview Questions

• As a young sales professional how do I plan on connecting to clients?   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

I'm convinced the HR Administrator position posted for "a specific location in Northern Virginia" is only a shell posting/legal requirement. Every couple of months, the position will become available. I apply and am later sent an email to book an interview time. I schedule the interview, and a day or two before the interview I am sent an email from an HR Administrator (from that specific location) saying the interview has been cancelled because the position has already been filled. Each time this has happened, the HR Administrator emailing me to cancel the interview is a different person -- presumably the new person who was hired for the role. It's inconsiderate to continuously waste applicants' time by scheduling interviews if you already know who you want for the position.

Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day to sign up for an interview than the following day I'm off to my interview. That was the pleasant part. Then I get to the HR and I see two women who are conducting interviews and 3 other people waiting to get interviewed. I get called first and the woman was having a hard time pronouncing my name and her tone of voice sounded rude RED FLAG #1. Then she gets up to blow her nose as I'm answering some of her questions RED FLAG#2.Then as the interview was going along this woman was asking/thinking of questions to ask me to see if I would mess up. It was very obvious she was doing that because I can see it in her face RED FLAG#3. Then at the end of the interview she asked if I had any questions and I said yes, so I went to get my notebook because I write my questions down and as I was looking down about to look up I can see that she was rolling her eyes in a ANNOYED/REALLY HURRY UP I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY look to the other women that was walking by in the interview room RED FLAG #4. I was appalled and furious at that point and I knew I didn't get the job. Its like really its just recovery its NOT THAT SERIOUS!!That was the end of that and she was rude and prejudice at the end she didn't even shake my hand or anything. I just got up and left and she left to call the next person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work at bloomingdales? Why this position?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I was invited to interview online, which took a long time to finally get an interview date. I interviewed the first week of December. The department manager I was supposed to interview with took off that day so I had to come in twice to interview with someone else. I was supposed to know what seasonal work I would be doing the next day. They stopped all contact after that. Extremely unprofessional. I could tell they were lying based on the person I interviewed with, because apparently there were "no positions" when I was told there were several the first time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have package handling experience?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Estero, FL).

Interview

they ask you about your experience, your personality, it's a quick interview if they like you. if they don't they'll make it long. its a one day interview and mine lasted about only 10 minutes, at the end of the interview they offer you the job. they pay 10,75 to start off but you can grow in the company

Interview Questions

• can you greet people with friendlyness and at the cashier   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Sherman Oaks, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was a group interview with 6 people (not all applying for the same position) directed by an HR coordinator. After the group questions, we were asked into her office individually for further interviewing. I expected the 1-1 to be my opportunity to sell myself further and ask questions about the position but was asked one brief question about my previous position and then rudely shoved out of her office. I was interviewed and received an automated reply the next day that they were 'unable to consider my application further'. It felt more like an initial screening and apparently, you really have to make yourself shine in the group interview portion. I even had a referral from Macy's corporate HQ which didn't even seem to be taken into consideration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What is something you've recently learned and how has it changed you?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a situation where you've set high expectations for yourself and weren't able to meet those expectations, what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The process takes 1-2 days in my case. You apply online through Bloomingdales.com. Everyone receives an interview. You schedule your own interview online when you get a email from them. When you walk in you will have a group interview with 6-9 other applicants with a Hr manager. She was so much fun! Do not be nervous! The group interview is for them to get know you as a person! Everyone will get a one on one interview after! I applied for Women Shoes Specialist. I had a one on one with the Hr manager after she wanted me to interview with the department manager for Women Shoes. She wasn't available so I was asked to come in the next day. Others were able to get interviewed by their department managers and were offered the job on the spot.

I came in the next day to interview with my department manager. The interview went great! She said she will be in contact. Later in the day, the HR manager called me and asked me to come in for a offer! I had a small interview with another department manager for shoes and got offered the job!

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite designers that Bloomingdales carries?   Answer Question
    • How would you manage multiple clients at once? Example: 4 clients want to try on shoes   Answer Question
    • Do you like to work in a fast paced environment or a controlled environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My department is a base pay with Draw vs Commission. No negotiations. My department manager liked that I did try to negotiate looks good on you.