Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

after submitting my resume through Bloomingdale's career, they called me for an interview. asked why I wanted the job, and hired right away. It took me a week to get a schedule on the floor. In my case, they had lots of position open at the time, so it was really easy to get hired.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to become a sales professional for Bloomingdale's?   1 Answer

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

There were about 3 interviews over the course of a few months, mainly through Skype. Questions were mainly behavioral, along with a few tests (math exam, personality exam, reasoning exam). It seemed like a very challenging interview for a very non-challenging job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you faced a challenge at work and how did you approach it?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview style. Was quick and painless and quickly spoke to someone else regarding specific positions. Once desired position was established, speaking to managers was quick and hiring process was easy. A lot of paper work but this also went by quickly.

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a quick response back once i submitted the application but on the interview i was told i will hear back from them quickly never did when i called to check the status of my interview the receptionist ask my name put me on hold she came back and said i will hear something back for the next steps by the end of the week got an email the next 2 days saying i didn't get the job so very unprofessional and lied i would of been happy if she was just straight up with when i called

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked to meet the HR in the shop's 3rd floor. I went couple of minutes earlier. The HR was very approaching and fashionable. HR went through the resume quickly and asked 4-5 questions. Also explained me the responsibilities of this job.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself. Why did you choose this job? How do you manage to stay up to date with fashion industry?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

He asked a couple of questions . you will do a stylist pull too. good place to work. i had a mentor.interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a positive experience. I met with different leaders and members on 3 different interview occasions. They were all kind and really wanted to know about my design background and how I could add to the growth of the company.

Interview Questions

• As a young sales professional how do I plan on connecting to clients?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and the hiring manager asked many questions about my background and interest in the company. Overall, the process was pleasant and professional. The questions were relevant to my experience and the position.

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

I'm convinced the HR Administrator position posted for "a specific location in Northern Virginia" is only a shell posting/legal requirement. Every couple of months, the position will become available. I apply and am later sent an email to book an interview time. I schedule the interview, and a day or two before the interview I am sent an email from an HR Administrator (from that specific location) saying the interview has been cancelled because the position has already been filled. Each time this has happened, the HR Administrator emailing me to cancel the interview is a different person -- presumably the new person who was hired for the role. It's inconsiderate to continuously waste applicants' time by scheduling interviews if you already know who you want for the position.

Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day to sign up for an interview than the following day I'm off to my interview. That was the pleasant part. Then I get to the HR and I see two women who are conducting interviews and 3 other people waiting to get interviewed. I get called first and the woman was having a hard time pronouncing my name and her tone of voice sounded rude RED FLAG #1. Then she gets up to blow her nose as I'm answering some of her questions RED FLAG#2.Then as the interview was going along this woman was asking/thinking of questions to ask me to see if I would mess up. It was very obvious she was doing that because I can see it in her face RED FLAG#3. Then at the end of the interview she asked if I had any questions and I said yes, so I went to get my notebook because I write my questions down and as I was looking down about to look up I can see that she was rolling her eyes in a ANNOYED/REALLY HURRY UP I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY look to the other women that was walking by in the interview room RED FLAG #4. I was appalled and furious at that point and I knew I didn't get the job. Its like really its just recovery its NOT THAT SERIOUS!!That was the end of that and she was rude and prejudice at the end she didn't even shake my hand or anything. I just got up and left and she left to call the next person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work at bloomingdales? Why this position?   Answer Question