Bloomingdale's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.5

Mio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

There was no interview. I was contacted via email about setting up a phone interview and then the next day I was informed that the position had been filled already. If you are in the final stages of hiring a candidate, why ask someone else for an interview? I would have thought a company like Bloomingdales would have a slightly higher standard for their hiring procedures.

Ladies Shoes/Flexible Hours Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2016.

Interview

I was emailed to come in for a group interview. Met with the HR manager where she asked few questions but gave a lot of information. She finished in about 30 minutes and said we would hear from her in a few days. Never heard a peep. Not even a we have chosen another candidate. Rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

you apply online and everyone gets a chance to interview. The interview is a group interview with people not applying to your same position, however they ask you your top 3 areas you would like to work in. It is pretty informal make sure to dress in interview attire, some people had exposed shoulders and too short of dresses

Interview Questions

• if you were stranded on an island what one item would you bring   1 Answer

I declined. It was very unprofessional in the sense that they asked you questions that would not pertain to a job

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Honolulu, HI) in July 2016.

Interview

I met with the HR manager in her office and we spent about 30 minutes together. She reviewed my resume and asked standard questions. She made positive remarks about my retail experience and asked what my availability would be. After the Q&A she said that she would let me know the outcome of my interview and I thanked her for her time.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Boca Raton, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The position for the department I applied for was no longer available. It was a group interview with 4 people and 2 managers. They were more interested in asking me and another young interviewee questions rather than asking the older interviewees questions. I was asked about trends and the "Boca" customer. I received the position as soon as I finished the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the "Boca" customer and how she acts and shops.   1 Answer

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got a call from the recruiter who asked general info about my experience and availability. Then was asked complete some tests online. Was then called to go on-site for face to face interviews with who would be my boss and her boss & hr. I thought it was pretty ok interview, just took some time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for a Sales Associate position. The interview went well, I can tell that I was very well liked by the manager of the specific department I was going to be in but my resume didn't have enough experience in that position. Got a call back in 3 days saying I didn't get that position but I nstead of denying me all together, they offered me a position in the gift wrap department.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you helped someone who didn't speak the same language as you.   Answer Question

Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

The interview went well but I never heard from the company even though they said I would no matter what the answer was. I had friends interview that had the same experience. The interview didn't take long at all. About 10 minutes at the most. I spent more time waiting on my interview to start then in the actual interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Had a group interview with 7 other people, the HR manager was super sweet, made the whole process comfortable. After that, each of us were interviewed individually by that same manager. After that, 2 of the 8 of us in the group interview were chosen as candidates for a particular department. We met with the manager of the depRtment they thought we would best succeed in, that manager also interviewed me, something brief and comfortable as well. She offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• if you were stranded On an island, what 1 item will you take with you and why?
      Why Bloomingdales?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I applied online then I was waiting for the interview about one week.
    Manager asked me about my background and what do I know about retail.