Bloomingdale's Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Bloomingdale's Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.4

Visual Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a few days later was emailed to schedule an interview, the interview went incredibly well...didn't hear anything for 2 weeks and was starting to accept that they weren't going to hire me despite how well the interview went. The next day I was called that I had gotten the job!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was great. I applied online, and received an e-mail to schedule for a group interview. It was convenient because I got to choose the most comfortable date and time for the group interview. After the group interview, I had a 1:1 interview with the manager and it was a very great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomingdale's?
      Try to sell me a pair of shoes and a dress for my date.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What was your experiences with your previous supervisors and boss's?
      Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

applied online, got an email to come in for an interview. First it was a group interview, which asked us about ourselves and a time we were inspired. Next we were called one by one to interview with either the hiring manager or HR. I was hired on the spot by the manager, which seemed quick and raised some red flags about their turnover, but oh well, that's retail. Then I was given a hard sell on being on a draw vs commission salary, which can mean your check can range from under $200 to almost $400 or 500 each week. They make it sound like it won't be a problem considering the expensive goods they sell to make commission, but they leave out the number of customers who demand discounts on non-sale items, or the number of returns that will be taken out of your check, or the fact that you could work close to 40 hours per week and only make $6-700 that entire month. Then you get contacted with a training date, train for 2 days, and once by yourself with a mock register. Then you hit the floor!

Interview Questions

• What's a time that inspired you? tell us about yourself? Do you have experience working in a large department store (it's ok if you don't)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They make it sound like there are no other positions open besides the ones on draw vs commission salary, so you feel like you have no choice but to accept if you need a job.

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Initially met at university recruitment program. Attended a few informational meetings. Everyone who wanted to could sign up for an interview. First interview was at university, two parts. Completed online questionnaire and passed. Was called in for another round of interviews at Bloomingdale's. Met with many HR managers. Received call two weeks later with offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had difficulty with a coworker.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

New hire at a new location very professional took about a week or so I already knew the company and had a lot of wonderful things to say about it and some of the employees

Interview Questions

• What was your best customer service story   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

everyone starts out at the same rate no negotiations

Bloomingdales Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

the whole process took like half an hour, theres one person interviewed me , while i head in south coast plaza, there were 3 of them. i didn't know why but the whole process was not so difficult. the stuff is nice

GENERAL SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was phone screened, which went well and the HR manger even said how refreshing it was to speak with someone who was so switched on in retail. Was immediately set up to take an online assessment. She warned me that others have said how unconventional the test is and is like no other I've taken before. I consider myself to be a very intelligent person who has achieved strong marks in school and been successful in Senior district manager positions for 10 years plus. She was not kidding, it was the most unrelated test I have ever taken in my career. The whole thing lasted about 40 minutes and I felt like I was taking a physics exam mixed with theoretical thinking. Needles to say, I received and email the next morning from the HR women saying how sorry she was and she wish things were different, but I did not pass. And they wonder why the bloomingdales/macy's brands are failing??? Maybe they should spend more time with relevant screening questions.

Interview Questions

• Rice, barley, and wheat are sometimes grown it hot climates, barley and wheat are grown in asia, and rice is mostly grown in Europe. Is it true that most people know that barley in wet climates. Do you:
      strongly agree
      mostly agree
      do not agree
      no opinion
      WTF!!!!
      Answer Question

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with the cosmetics manager and she was very welcoming. She went over my experience and went over questions I had. She also asked me to go over certain scenarios I've came across in previous jobs and what challenges I've over came.
    She asked me how I would help a difficult costumers and difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• how I would sell a product.   1 Answer

Visual Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First applied online, followed by a group interview with people applying for all sorts of positions. It was all very trivial/superficial. A visual job requires a set of skills that's entirely different from a sales role. At no point did they ask anything relevant about the actual job itself and what I can bring the table. Meanwhile, I was ready to go with my portfolio and point of view on visuals, etc. If hiring is based on trivial questions like "what would I bring with me to a deserted island", then no wonder turnover is high. Never heard back from Bloomingdale's, not even to say that they passed.

Interview Questions

• How would you address a customer if you're in the middle of dealing with another customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

First we had a group interview let each of us talked about ourselves and answered some questions like when did you learn the most from the previous working experience, what do you like about bloomingdales, what retail meant to you. Then we had individual interview. it was easy

Interview Questions

• What would you bring if you are in emergency and you can only bring one thing with you?   Answer Question