Bloomingdale's Merchandising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomingdale's Merchandising Interview Questions

1.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked to meet the HR in the shop's 3rd floor. I went couple of minutes earlier. The HR was very approaching and fashionable. HR went through the resume quickly and asked 4-5 questions. Also explained me the responsibilities of this job.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself. Why did you choose this job? How do you manage to stay up to date with fashion industry?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Beverly Hills, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Made us wait 40 min then took us in for a group interview of 1 question then had us wait as they did one on one interviews. They took me last so I waited about another 30min. Had tge interview yesterday and havent heard back yet

Interview Questions

• describe an experience that changed the way you viewed something   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager I would be working with (in person). She was very friendly, enthusiastic about the interview, and seemed really interested in getting to know me.
    Then, I was interviewed by the HR manager that same day, also in person. She was also friendly and made me feel at ease during the entire interview.
    I was called by the first manager minutes later to let me know the job was mine.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Got an email to schedule an interview. Did not specify it was group so was a surprise arriving and it being a group of 8 applicants. All applying for slightly different positions. After group interview with HR manager,a specific manger came to interview applicants they believed would fit in their department. Didn't ask hard questions at all. I definitely over prepared.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Applied online and within a few days i recieved an email to set up a time and date to schedule for a group interview. Group interview questions where not difficult to answer however everyone there (5-6 applicants) applied all for different positions. So no one seemed to interact well since everyone had different interests and goals.

Interview Questions

Recieved a better opportunity elsewhere

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I was recruited from another manager. They asked me what my interests were and what I like to do in my spare time. It didn't feel like an interview. I basically tried to sell my skills to them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Willow Grove, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Three interviews in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked to come in for an interview to be a sales associate but I really wanted to be a merchandiser. The job was not posted online but they told me I could be in any of the open departments and easily transferred me to the right people.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Orlando, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Most of the questions were very simple. Basically questions to find out how much experience I had for the job I was applying for. Some of the other questions were where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years and what would your dream job be?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Boca Raton, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Usual interview as you are asked questions about your experience and how they apply to the current available job and what pay you are expecting. There was nothing out of the ordinary in this interview from what would be expected. Do a little bit of homework about retail and the company itself and anyone will do just fine.

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Short Hills, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

One interview, hired within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The company is known to ask if you are "under 40" on internet applications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation,