Bloomingdale's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomingdale's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I applied online. Received interview schedule email the next day. You are interview by the HR manager first, it was a group interview, and then face to face interview each of us. If you passed, they will arrange the floor manager interview you.

Interview Questions

• If you are in an island whats the only thing will you bring?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

applied online,took the assessment test. if you passed the test,Bloomingdales sent you schedules to choose from for an interview. You are interviewed by HR manager and by the department manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficulties with a co worker?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Longest interview like an hour and half long with 5 other people, group interview. It didn't feel too competitive. they took a long time to get back to me for a second interview i think it was about a week maybe a little longer. make sure to research the brands they carry.

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Estero, FL).

Interview

they ask you about your experience, your personality, it's a quick interview if they like you. if they don't they'll make it long. its a one day interview and mine lasted about only 10 minutes, at the end of the interview they offer you the job. they pay 10,75 to start off but you can grow in the company

Interview Questions

• can you greet people with friendlyness and at the cashier   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2016.

Interview

Very quick. Group interview with about six people. The HR manager asked us all a few questions and then took us aside and tried to figure out where we would fit best in the store. She offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go/who would you bring?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Phone Noticing
    3. On-Site Interview with HR and the department manager
    4. Go to the HR department submit your personal info
    5. Filling the personal info at the internal computer
    6. Interview with HR for Five minutes
    7. Interview with Manager for half hour 30 Minutes
    The process is short and simple. The HR manager said They have already hired the professional company to filter the candidate out of the thousands of resume, thus, the hiring process would be short and simple. So, once you get the reply, you have higher chance to be the recruit. Just relax you are all fine!

Interview Questions

• HR
      1. Biefly introduce yourself
      2. What's your working status?
      3. Tell you when will they inform you
      4. Inform you, you will have the employee training before your official on duty.

1. Briefly introduce yourself.
      2. What is your relative experience? How many year? What is your previous employee?
      3. Can you speak other foreign language (non- English) ?
      4. How was your English Ability?
      5. What kind of social media do you use? (Since my major related to digital marketing)
      6. Can you use Mandarin social media? Are you comfortable to use WeChat?
      7. What's your weekly schedule?(to check whether your time is flexible to them?)
      8.What kind of transportation you usually commute? (Check whether you can reach your working place on time)
      1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Lengthy, 4 different interviews, I was there for at least 2 hours which did not include any kind of skills review and wasn't given an offer until a week later. Long hours and not enough man power to supplant associates. Sales managers were very unprofessional. Sales goals are extremely high even for part time professionals, 3k or more a day is expected but if your working in a weekday, it's surprisingly hard to pull off even given the price ranges of product your selling

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Aventura, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

First I applied online and then I got a automatic email saying I had to schedule an interview. I picked a date and time and went in for the interview. There was 3 other girls besides me so making it a group interview of 4 people. And don't worry because not all the time all the girls are applying for the same position, 2 girls were applying for higher positions while only one was applying for the same position as me. But a sales associate at Bloomingdales can be in ANY department and that's a wide variety.

Interview 1: The Human Resourse lady was the one to interview us and asked about 4-5 very simple questions."Tell me about yourself" "Why Bloomingdales" "If you were stranded on an island and could only bring one thing what would it be". After we all answered we were done and the HR woman was deciding in another room if she wanted to continue with us or not. She ended up telling me she would be interested in meeting me with the Cashmere section manager the next day so I scheduled that interview. (By the way the other girl applying for sales associate got something related to Christmas wrapping area) so like I said it really is a giant store and they are just going to put you where they think you would go best if they liked you.

Interview 2: I met with the manager the next day and it was one on one. She asked me about my experience and asked me about what I do with an angry customer or how I went above and beyond for a customer. Simple questions and just told me the job description and what I do and I said okay and she told me the HR lady would let me know in a second what they wanted. I waited about 10 mins and then they said they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer? How have you gone above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • If you were stranded on an island and you could only bring one thing what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They wouldn't allow me to negotiate because it was a Seasonal position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

you apply online and everyone gets a chance to interview. The interview is a group interview with people not applying to your same position, however they ask you your top 3 areas you would like to work in. It is pretty informal make sure to dress in interview attire, some people had exposed shoulders and too short of dresses

Interview Questions

• if you were stranded on an island what one item would you bring   1 Answer

I declined. It was very unprofessional in the sense that they asked you questions that would not pertain to a job

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Boca Raton, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The position for the department I applied for was no longer available. It was a group interview with 4 people and 2 managers. They were more interested in asking me and another young interviewee questions rather than asking the older interviewees questions. I was asked about trends and the "Boca" customer. I received the position as soon as I finished the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the "Boca" customer and how she acts and shops.   1 Answer