Bloomingdale's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I had interview with 2 manager after each other on one day, first with the HR and then with the Manager , Both of them were so friendly, with HR was a group interview and the with manager was just me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

read the questions , most of them are like each other, it's very helpful especially with HR that all the questions was like each other

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy and extremely laid back. There were a total of two interviews. The first was supposed to be a group interview. but i arrived early, and they proceeded to do a one on one interview. I first met with the head of HR, and it was friendly, straight to the point, and lasted a total of 8 minutes. The second interview came a week later where i met with a floor manager, once again it was brief, friendly and i was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked retail before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

after submitting my resume through Bloomingdale's career, they called me for an interview. asked why I wanted the job, and hired right away. It took me a week to get a schedule on the floor. In my case, they had lots of position open at the time, so it was really easy to get hired.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to become a sales professional for Bloomingdale's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Very laid back process. A few questions to see how you handle customers and how you push for sales and if you are competitive enough for a commission environment. The interview is generally friendly and wants to check out how well you interact with people since the position requires a lot of person to person interaction. They are also checking for how quickly you think on your feet to see if you can solve problems quickly. Over all, it is a pretty good interview and with minimal preparation, you should be successful.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Arlington, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview of five people for different positions. They ask you questions related to Bloomingdale's and your personal life. Tell your background any experience in sales... etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

Too long. 5 different interviews for a $14 an hour job. Over the top.
    Arrived early with resume. Large HR office. Many people waiting for an interview. Shaky atmosphere. Floor manager was pushy and aggressive in interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Three interviews with various members of management, a tour of the store, and the requisite meeting of potential co-workers. It was pleasant and pretty much like every other retail interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths? What kinds of challenges do you look forward to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online, got a phone call a couple days later. met with HR and interviewed with a manager, offered me the position at the end. interview process was very thorough, and she asked many questions regarding retail experience

Interview Questions

• how would you counter a customer that doesn't want to open a Bloomingdale's credit card to try to steer them into opening one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Paramus, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

They ask you a series of questions of the kind of work you've been involved with in the past. Mainly ask you of your retail experience to gauge what kind of worker you are likely to be.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Glendale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview of 4 people one of whom didn't show up. We were asked questions and you could answer them whenever you were ready. Took about 30-50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If you moved to another place what would you take with you? (besides electronics)   Answer Question