Bloomingdale's Sales Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 23, 2017

2.5

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Skokie, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

the questions were very general nothing to stress out, they asked about sales like what would you do to improve your sales and things like that. They first call me on the phone and then they set up my interview date. it was group interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Eh it was fairly simple. I called, got an interview and they asked me some questions then I met with the department manager and was hired on the spot and started a few days later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chestnut Hill, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I got the interview with HR next week after online application. Got the email very quickly after online application. HR asked very simple questions. The interview went on very fast, about 15 mins.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

They got back to me literally the next morning after applying. I scheduled my group interview for the following week. The group interview was short. That same day I got invited back for a second interview with one of the managers. She was so excited and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First interview is a group interview. There is a big round table and they ask you questions about work ethic and style, important things for a clothing sales gig. Stand out and give good answers. Never "agree" with another interviewer. Have unique responses and you will stand out.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

We did group Interview in conference room. We were asked a series of questions and then processed for
    the job if we passed the interview. We were then broken into groups of three. One group was moving on to
    Bloomingdales Human Resources. The next group was moved on to an outside recruiter looking to fill
    jobs at other retail stores. And the final group was let go to look for other job options.

Interview Questions

• What is one of greatest strengths ?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was rather easy. Basic interview questions. Why do you want to work for the company. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. I received an email, inviting me in to interview for the Sales Professional role. Overall experience was very pleasant. I have been on some interviews with people who did not know how to interview. This experience was not that. The interviewer was very easy and warm to talk to. It made it easy to discuss my background and how it relates to the role.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely informative and smooth. I met with the HR manager and a few sales managers. They asked behavior questions around being dependable and offering exceptional customer service. They will ask you for a time that you delivered exceptional customer experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you go above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of interview. First it was group interview, they expect you to be active and answer each of the questions they asked. After few days, you will get a call to ask you come for the second round of interview which you will get to talk to the department manager.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle a situation when you get into argument with a coworker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with a manager of the brand that's hiring. I had to wait a long time on the line for the interview. There were a lot of people in front of me. Some people who got interviewed before me came out with a paper and started filling it out. I assumed they got hired on the spot. But I was told if I get chosen I would get called for another interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Bloomingdales?   1 Answer