Bloomingdale's Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomingdale's Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

You'll meet with at least three people and they will ask you the typical sales questions. They will hire just about anyone so don't sweat it. Be sure to dress business professional because that's what you work in. It is one on one, so theirs no trying to stand out.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you have engaged an unruly customer; what was the issue and how did you resolve it to close a sale?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The position is non- negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview style. Was quick and painless and quickly spoke to someone else regarding specific positions. Once desired position was established, speaking to managers was quick and hiring process was easy. A lot of paper work but this also went by quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Was a group interview, expected a large group but it was just 3 of us. The interview was really simple, about 6 questions that we all had to answer 1 by 1. The questions were not really about fashion nor Bloomingdales related. Mostly superficial or just our likings and what have we done. The person interviewing was really nice and open about liking quick and short answers. The HR person took notes while we were talking.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

applied online, got an email to come in for an interview. First it was a group interview, which asked us about ourselves and a time we were inspired. Next we were called one by one to interview with either the hiring manager or HR. I was hired on the spot by the manager, which seemed quick and raised some red flags about their turnover, but oh well, that's retail. Then I was given a hard sell on being on a draw vs commission salary, which can mean your check can range from under $200 to almost $400 or 500 each week. They make it sound like it won't be a problem considering the expensive goods they sell to make commission, but they leave out the number of customers who demand discounts on non-sale items, or the number of returns that will be taken out of your check, or the fact that you could work close to 40 hours per week and only make $6-700 that entire month. Then you get contacted with a training date, train for 2 days, and once by yourself with a mock register. Then you hit the floor!

Interview Questions

• What's a time that inspired you? tell us about yourself? Do you have experience working in a large department store (it's ok if you don't)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They make it sound like there are no other positions open besides the ones on draw vs commission salary, so you feel like you have no choice but to accept if you need a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Wayne, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a friendly interview, didn't ask me much questions. They said they would call again but I have not heard back yet, hoping to hear soon. It was not bad at all, I wish they had explained more in terms of job descriptions, it was a bit confusing but very friendly.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2015.

Interview

one on one interview with HR officer. Firstly filled a form in terms of where to hear about this position, why do you think you can fit this position, and how you can serve customers better. Then the assistant sent me to meet the HR representative to talk about details and salary in terms of this position.

Interview Questions

• have you ever sold anything before   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Honolulu, HI) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview with the hr, she will ask about your retail experience. If she likes you she will call a manager for the next step. Manager will ask you a lot of questions this is where u need to shine. Oh the pay part ? Hr handles it so before you go to next step negotiate with the hr. Make her believe you are worth than the base pay they offering you.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It took all together 1 week. I did 3-4 interviews and the same questions were asked. The interview was not difficult. The questions were basic. Most important to show that you like the store and would love to work there.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview after going through an outside job connection source. Very friendly people and easy-going interview environment. Questions were straight-forward and mainly focused on experience and enthusiasm. Met with overall manager right away, which was nice. Paperwork was minimal and staff was very helpful with any questions. Overall, a fast, enjoyable, and easy experience that led to an interesting job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Sherman Oaks, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to schedule a group interview a few days later. Scheduled the group interview for the beginning of the following week. I came in from a very professional standpoint, emphasizing customer service and professional attitude. They seemed to dislike that, and were looking for people with creativity rather than a business attitude. To get the job, discuss how you love art, paintings, and how you learned about yourself through the journey of art. Don't use logic in your responses, use creativity.