Bloomingdale's Sales Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomingdale's Sales Support Associate Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

When I enter the human resources office. I was ask for my name and the reason I was there and then I was told to have a seat and my interviewer will be with me shortly. When my interviewer was present, she asked to follow her into her office and there was where the interviewer.The questions were straightforward. Not too lengthy. I felt as though the interviewer wanted to know what more I can offer than general qualities factors that an employee can bring to the job. She was fair questioner but firm. She made sure that she was serious and that she meant business with what she was implying as a manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

hr: "so what brings you hear"
    Me: A job (duh) j/k
    asked me about my present job & how i would handle customer service..
    he had a sheet wrote what ever i said all took 15 min.
    Hr: were still interviewing other ppl will call you or send you an email. do you have any questions for me
    Me: no
    okay thanks. watch me walk out ,they were really quick ,will let you know if i got hired or not ..
    only seasonal.. really if you saw what i saw in that Hr office ..funny makes you think.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (San Diego, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I got a call to come in for an interview and first interviewed with the HR Manager (the San Diego store no longer has an HR manager- this position has now been given to the assistant store manager who is also the ops manager). Next I interviewed with the manager of my dept. -just about 5 mins later. They wanted me to interview with the assistant store manager the next day and just as I was in the parking lot I got a call asking me to come back in as the assistant store manager has time to see me that same day. After 3 interviews (same day) they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• nothing was difficult.. very very basic questions asking about your experience and the "tell me a time when...." questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was coming off of being unemployed for 3 months and did not even think to negotiate, but I wish I would have. They offered me a low hourly pay. People in my dept. without college degrees were actually getting paid more. Advice: speak up! the worse they can do is say 'no', but ask for what you think you are worth.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Got 2 interviews with HR manager and then department manager. Common interview question. I declined the offer because they dont have the position I initially applied for.

Interview Questions