Bloomingdale's Seasonal Sales Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomingdale's Seasonal Sales Professional Interview Questions

2.0

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online then a couple days after I was emailed. The email was in for interview which I was able to schedule myself. I went in for my interview the next day and everything went well, not too hard. i was offered the the position on the spot .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It takes around 2 weeks to interview and get hired. The initial interview is with a group and then the next is with your department manager. In the group interview there was about 15 people and they asked various questions as they skipped around the room.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years or the future?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate at first. Although I was hired as seasonal I was asked to stay become Full Time after Black Friday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

They basically make it so obvious if your getting the job or not because before you leave the group interview they hold back the people that are ultimately are getting hired

Interview Questions

• What's customer service to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted an app and they got back to me within a day. Went in for an interview, first with Human Resources, then with Sales Manager. Took about an hour to an hour and a half altogether and got the job at the end. Simple process.

Seasonal Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Applied online and received a email about a week later inviting me to schedule an interview. The first interview was with a HR employee. General questions like why do you want to work for them, what do you consider exceptional customer service. Then came time to figure out the department they think you would fit in best- usually a department you are familiar with from previous experiences. They later schedule you for another interview, this time with the department manager.

My interview with the department manager went about the same as the one with HR. There were some questions geared towards why you would like to work in the department, but I didn't think they were too difficult. After this interview, they gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewing for the intimates department and so the strangest question that came up was if I felt comfortable with seeing breasts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Seasonal employees get paid the same hourly wage.

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (White Plains, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to schedule interview. The entire process happened within a span of about 2 weeks. I had also applied for a beauty specialist position at Macy's and had been waiting to hear something back from them (still nothing). I put on my best interview black attire and headed to White Plains, unsure of what to expect. As soon as I stepped foot in the store I was greeted warmly and acknowledged by all the staff that I passed on my way to the executive offices. I was there a few minutes early and they seemed pleased by that. It seems as though they were expecting me, because one of the managers actually asked me if I was me (she knew my name). I was interviewed by a gentleman who was really impressed by my appearance and resume. The conversation we had was very easy, almost didnt feel like an interview! He then had me interview with the woman who knew my name and my time with her was also pleasant and easy going. They both asked me about my availability, explained the dress code (all black) and encouraged me to pursue a permanent position there after the holidays if I liked it, and they both thought I would make a good fit there. I was then taken to meet with the HR Manager and again she was a delight. She offered me a position on the spot and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly easy. They wanted to know my availability to work on the "hot" holiday dates - Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Day After Christmas, New Years Eve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. All seasonal employees get the same per hour rate. (that's what they told me anyway)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

After filling out an online application I was contacted via e-mail to schedule an in person interview through their website. There were two interviews before my job offer. The first was with HR, which pretty much just verifies you're ok to work there. They ask typical questions about your past experience and ask what you would do in various situations. For example, what will you bring from your past experience to Bloomingdale's, name a time you did not get along with a co-worker, have you ever had a problem with a manager, are you a quick learner, how do you handle working in a fast paced environment, etc. The interviewer rates your answers and then asks you what department you would like to work in. If you have passed this phase of the interview, you will then wait for an interview with a manager from the requested department. My interview with the handbag manager was straightforward as well. She asked about my past experience, why I wanted to work in handbags, what I think about customer service, and if I can quickly learn how to use their POS system. At the end of the interview she offered me a position, explained the commission structure and dress code, and told me when to show up for work once my training was over. I signed a few papers and completed my online forms for payroll and taxes. Training lasted 3 days, for 4 hrs a day and was fast paced but sufficient. You start working almost right away once training is over.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The hourly pay is the same for all new part time employees and the commission plan is dependent upon the department you work in.