Bloomingdale's Visual Stylist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomingdale's Visual Stylist Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomingdale's

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I responded to a Craigslist ad. Within a week I was contacted by HR and went through a whirlwind of interviews, I think 5 in all. Then I heard nothing. It wasn't until about 6 months after the initial interview that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you think you lack or need improving?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They actually offered more than I was expecting.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomingdale's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

The interview went very well. HR Manager was very pleasant and asked me about myself. Was kind of confusing because they have a merchandiser and a visual stylist. Though I have both visual and merchandising experience I believe that she took me more qualified for the other position. I told her my passion was in visual styling because I get to work with mannequins and create which is what I love to do.

Interview Questions

• What would your former co-workers say about you?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First applied online, followed by a group interview with people applying for all sorts of positions. It was all very trivial/superficial. A visual job requires a set of skills that's entirely different from a sales role. At no point did they ask anything relevant about the actual job itself and what I can bring the table. Meanwhile, I was ready to go with my portfolio and point of view on visuals, etc. If hiring is based on trivial questions like "what would I bring with me to a deserted island", then no wonder turnover is high. Never heard back from Bloomingdale's, not even to say that they passed.

Interview Questions

• How would you address a customer if you're in the middle of dealing with another customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Chevy Chase, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was great at the start until she started to say that everything i was saying wasn't on my resume when it was clear as day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Wayne, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

I initially applied for a part-time Product Merchandiser position directly through the company site. I received an email within a couple days to set up an interview at the store. I met with the interviewer who worked in HR and she asked me some basic questions about my interest. I actually expressed a stronger interest in visual styling and was delighted that she put me in touch with the hiring manager that same day for an interview. The manager was looking to hire a full-time stylist. The visual manager was really nice and only asked me about three questions. The whole time seemed more like a conversation than an interview. I actually was willing to commute quite a distance as there were no similar opportunities close by. The interviewer seemed rather concerned about the distance as it took me about two hours in public transportation. As I was leaving the interviewer offered me a tour of the floor and showed me what I would be doing. She spent some time with me and asked me to forward my references. I left the interview excited about the possibility. After forwarding my references I was told that she would still be interviewing more people. I followed about a week and half later to learn the status of my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were working on a group project and one person was not contributing their fair share.   Answer Question

Visual Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2016.

Interview

I sent in my applications a couple days before I heard back asking for an interview. The interview went well, the hiring manager kept emphasizing the amount of physical labor the job involved which I was aware of going in. Basic interview questions were asked mostly. It wasn't exactly the job I wanted though so I wasn't too upset to hear I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a few days later was emailed to schedule an interview, the interview went incredibly well...didn't hear anything for 2 weeks and was starting to accept that they weren't going to hire me despite how well the interview went. The next day I was called that I had gotten the job!

Visual Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I applied on the company website and within the day I got an automated email asking me to schedule a day for an interview. There were not very many options available so I picked the following Tuesday. Since I lived out of town I created travel arrangements to arrive the day before and stay in a hotel. I arrive the Monday before the interview and received a call at 5pm from HR informing me that they had already filled the position on FRIDAY. They had days of opportunity to inform me of this but they chose to call me late evening the day before the interview. What's funny is that Monday morning (at 3 AM) I received an automated email confirming my interview for the following day. Yet they call me that evening telling me the position has been filled 3 days ago.