Bloomingdale's Interview Questions in White Plains, NY | Glassdoor

Bloomingdale's Interview Questions in White Plains, NY

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (White Plains, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very casual. I was applying to be a sales associate in one of the lease departments so it was low key. It was more of her telling me what I would be doing on a day to day basis.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (White Plains, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

applied online and received an invitation for a face to face interview. scheduled the face to face interview through their online scheduling service. confirmed the interview and made the appointment on time. The process was simple enough because I have learned how to work with Applicant tracking software to include relevant information so that I will be called in for a personal interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me of a time where you had to go above your direct managers head in order to fix a problem   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (White Plains, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I went on three interviews at Bloomingdale. The first was a one on one, in person with a very nice young lady. I was so excited because the interview went so well. I waited by the phone for three days until I received an email saying I didn't get the position. I was confused, and upset because the interview went so well.
    About a month or two later I was received an email asking me to set up a time and date for a interview for a seasonal position that could turn permit. I couldnt beleive it i was ecstatic!!! It was a group interview with the same young lady, about four other people. Please I stress to you don't be shy. Speak up, speak loud and clear, try to be the first to answer the questions and volunteer to comment as much because you want to be the star in a group. After she spoke to us each one on one in her office. I received a phone call to meet her boss. Her boss went over the rules, pay, scheduled and position I WAS HIRED!!! Four days later I received a phone call saying I would not be able to work for the company because I didn't pass their background check...

Seasonal Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (White Plains, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to schedule interview. The entire process happened within a span of about 2 weeks. I had also applied for a beauty specialist position at Macy's and had been waiting to hear something back from them (still nothing). I put on my best interview black attire and headed to White Plains, unsure of what to expect. As soon as I stepped foot in the store I was greeted warmly and acknowledged by all the staff that I passed on my way to the executive offices. I was there a few minutes early and they seemed pleased by that. It seems as though they were expecting me, because one of the managers actually asked me if I was me (she knew my name). I was interviewed by a gentleman who was really impressed by my appearance and resume. The conversation we had was very easy, almost didnt feel like an interview! He then had me interview with the woman who knew my name and my time with her was also pleasant and easy going. They both asked me about my availability, explained the dress code (all black) and encouraged me to pursue a permanent position there after the holidays if I liked it, and they both thought I would make a good fit there. I was then taken to meet with the HR Manager and again she was a delight. She offered me a position on the spot and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly easy. They wanted to know my availability to work on the "hot" holiday dates - Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Day After Christmas, New Years Eve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. All seasonal employees get the same per hour rate. (that's what they told me anyway)

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (White Plains, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. My interviewer was a floor manager and was funny, casual, and not intimidating. I also met with another person from HR who was very sweet and helpful. The interview was very easy and basically tested your communication skills and demeanor, as you don't need to be highly qualified to sell fashion jewelry or scarves.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you had an issue with a customer and the manager was not available, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomingdale's (White Plains, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

I had 2 interviews in one day i first met with the HR Manager then a Sales Manager