Bloomspot Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomspot Account Executive Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomspot (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Entire process took about 2.5 weeks from beginning to end. They used an outsourced hiring company where you have to go through a Skype screening interview with the hiring company. If they like you, they send the video to Bloomspot and schedule 1 face-to-face interview. You meet with about 4 people (Recruiter, 2 Managers, and the VP of Sales). The interview questions are STAR format and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How you prioritize the following tasks: You come into work on Monday morning and see a voice mail from you client, an email from your team member asking you to help out on a proposal, and a note from your manager to come see them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

they have a set base for either their Account Exec or Sr. Account Exec, you can negotiate depending on experience for the title and appropriate compensation.

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomspot

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomspot (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I sat with and account exec. and a sales manager. The questions were mba type questions to see how I would approach a problem. Nothing to complicated. The people seem really nice and laid back.

I accepted the job and was notified 1 week before my start date that all of the job offers had been rescinded because the company was "changing directions". I had my doubts that maybe the company was teetering a bit figured I would chance it. Reneging on job offers 1 week before a start dates is completely unacceptable. Most jobs wont take a person back. Overall this dealing was incredibly stressful and up to now A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

Negotiation

I was called in for a FT job and then told that the offer was a contract role...I already have a full time job that pays more than this one (I was trying to make a career change). We settled on full time status but it could have been a huge waste of my time if they stuck to the contract status.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomspot (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

interviewed through readyforce via webcam first. 1 month later interviewed at the hq in san francisco.

Interview Questions

• how would you sell to a spa owner?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomspot (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 different people on 3 occasions. Very informal but required lots of research based on phone screening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No financial negotiating was possible, it was a standard package for everyone being hired in that position

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomspot in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the position. They contacted me to set up an interview in their offices in downtown San Francisco. It was a video interview, so I was nervous about it more than a phone interview. The lady who interviewed me was very professional. She asked me several questions about my sales techniques.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle objections when people did not want to buy?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomspot in October 2011.

Interview

Referred by a staffing agency. Had a phone call with the recruiter. Was contacted by Bloomspot after they received my resume. Had a 1:1 interview with 2 different people. The first interview was a typical interview... Tell me about yourself, why are you looking for this job? Why sales, etc. The next interview was a mock negotiation where I was given a few minutes to read over the scenario and figure out what I was going to offer the customer and how I would convince them to go with bloomspot.

Interview Questions

• Mock negotiation based on criteria given by the interviewer, convince a spa to use bloomspot and also convince the spa to split sale profits with bloomspot   1 Answer
    • How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomspot in June 2011.

Interview

I am still in the process of this - I am reporting on the first step and will share what I learn next. Bloomspot used a company called Readyforce to do the initial interview. I had to apply through Readyforce and answer questions to determine your compatibility where it wasn't 100% sure what the "right" responses were, but for the most part it was fairly easy to decipher what they wanted. I.e. rating how much you like change/not having a routine etc. Apparently my resume/answers meant I was a good enough fit. The next step was a video interview with a Readyforce worker. At the end I remember being asked to pretend I was talking to the founder and having to "sell myself." The interview was super preliminary - they asked me if I had reliable transportation, why I wanted to work for Bloomspot, fairly standard questions. The one weird part was when the interviewer picked out a past position of mine (that was the least sales-y and similar to bloomspot) and said your work at xx seems the most relevant to the position, no? This made me think the Readyforce interviewers aren't very serious/seem to be winging it. The whole thing lasted 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• "Pretend I am the founder of bloomspot, tell me why I should hire you (or maybe it was why you would be a great addition to the team)   Answer Question
    • I can't remember the exact way the questions was phrased, but they want to hear about your past sales experience and if you were ranked against other employees.   Answer Question