Blue Buffalo Pet Detective Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Buffalo Pet Detective Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

Very easy and simple. The RDM met me at a cafe where she made me feel very comfortable. No difficult questions made to trip me up, very easy going. Questions were asked about my qualifications, background, what I expected from the position, etc

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good in this role? What qualifies you for this role, How will you grow into this role   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. This is the low man on the totem pole role

Anonymous Employee in Beckley, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Beckley, WV).

Interview

Phone interview. It was friendly & relaxed, kind of like a test to see how I would/could interact with customers. I was asked about my pets, their names, etc. to see how capable I was of communicating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Athens, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call immediately. I was asked many difficult questions that consisted of many parts. I am college educated and some questions were hard to follow. I did not receive a job offer but I do admit I was not prepared for the interview and did not do a very good job.

Interview Questions

• They ask many questions. Some were complicated and had many parts. I am college educated but some questions were hard to follow. They asked about specific previous experiences at former jobs. Asked about my pets and if I fed my animals Blue Buffalo products.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

I met with my regional manager at a restaurant, and got lunch for free. We discussed what my role would be and I was asked other questions pertaining to the job. I was also asked some questions pertaining to my love for pets, which in my mind solidified my opinion that this company truly does care for their product, and wants fellow pet lovers as employees.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with starting conversations with random people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being that this is a part-time job, there wasn't much negotiation. However, this job pays well and has benefits, so no negotiations were needed.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, resume, cover letter. I was then emailed asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was short and easy, simple questions. Then after my phone interview the area manager requested a in person interview at Starbucks, the atmosphere was relaxed she asked about my pet experiences and how I would approach someone in a pet store without their pet with them.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Williamsburg, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

brief phone then meet up face to face for contract offer once accepted start employment paperwork that moment to get paid by that Friday, Then intro to company by regional boss who just hired you and some scenarios about what's expected on the job then drive to stores you'll be located in. then online homework that your also paid to complete, such as watching videos on how to approach people in stores and info about the company in general and all they do.

Interview Questions

• What do I like about house hold pets? What do I think about Nutrition? What do I know about Blue Buffalo? What do I think about starting up conversations with strangers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I met the demo manager at the Panera Bread that is around the corner from me. We talked about the job description, pets, transportation and the places that I will be placed at. Since we only have 2 Pet Smarts in my town, which one is around the corner from me, I thought the job sounded perfect. I got a job offer letter telling me my pay a week later and a week after that I started signing W4 paperwork. I still got to do I9 paperwork then I should be on my way soon hopefully.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Ask all the questions that you can. The background check is ridiculous since I had to send a copy of my HS diploma since my school is shut down.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with the regional manager at a Dunkin Donuts. She was very sweet, and asked basic interview questions. Prior retail, or sales experienchy do you want to work for Blue Buffalo?e is not needed nor preferred. You must have a passion for cats and dogs. You must own a cat or dog, or live with someone that does.

Pet Detective Interview

Interview

I received a phone interview, the usual phone interview questions (search google), and then a week later had a in person interview for my second interview. I was given the job that day.

Pet Detective Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo.

Interview

Found the position on Craig's list. District manager replied in a timely fashion, was professional, friendly and outgoing. Interview was set up through skype rather than face-to-face, otherwise was typical interview format with questions you'd find in any interview prep book. I found using skype an innovative use of technology that made the interview more comfortable being in my own home and a much better use of time not having to travel to interview for a job I may or may not have gotten. Score one for time efficiency! It also allowed the DM to see me in a natural setting with my pets as they were vying for webcam time during the interview. Being a pet parent is a huge benefit to performing well in this position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 (10) years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was really no negotiating. Pay, hours and expectations were outlined pretty thoroughly in the interview.