Blue Coat Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inside Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Took about a month for them to reach out to me after initially submitting my resume online. First interview was with the recruiter who was extremely nice and helpful. Second was a phone call with one of the inside sales managers. Third round they had me into the Plano office where I met with the manager from the second interview face to face and then with a technical member of the sales team. No crazy questions or behavioral questions, just straight forward asking about experience and explaining the role. Did not get an offer due to lack of security experience in comparison with other candidate (which was fair as I am trying to enter the field from general IT).

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with networking devices, at home or professionally?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Draper, UT).

Interview

I reached there around 45 minutes early. People were good. Found cheerful and happy environment. The interview was taken by senior app manager and one of the people working under her. It was more like a conversation on what they do, what they expect me to do and what is my past experience

Interview Questions

• php, documentation of code, past project and work experience.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in March 2016.

Interview

My interview was a horrendous experience. It's supposed to be a technical phone interview for a position in bay area. Interviewer was very defensive, it's not possible to communicate with him at all. He didn't ask any technical question but making very insulting remarks. I will not recommend anyone interviewing with this company, I can't imagine working with someone like that.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and brought in. They asked me some simple questions at first. The questions got harder and harder as time went on. Overall I didn't find the questions too challenging. Stuff about HTML/CSS, Java and Javascript. Nothing was that intense. They ended with some white board questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you center a div on a page   Answer Question
    • Write an algorithm to traverse a binary tree and build a list of all the nodes in order of depth.   1 Answer

Management Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Draper, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I gave a resume to a recruiter in February and they reached out to me in August, wasn't expecting anything from them. I was interviewed on a Thursday and heard back from them 2 weeks later on a Wednesday. They said they were going to reach out to me the next Wednesday, but something came up, but that's not a big deal.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about Java/JavaScript - what data structures I use, what types of classes, what certain things mean   Answer Question
    • They gave me a marker and a whiteboard and I wrote some HTML/CSS.   Answer Question

Technical Publications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Involved an informal phone screen with a Sr. Technical Writer, a panel interview with the manager and two other writers, and a one-on-one interview with the Principal Technical Writer. The phone screen was a combination of resume cross-checking and the caller explaining what the company does. The panel interview was more of a personality assessment quiz. The final, one-on-one interview was technical: consisting of a writing assessment and an introduction to the tools that technical writers at the company use.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions about decision-making, critical thinking, etc. However, the final round involved questions about Technical Writing.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in May 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview: Discussed the opportunity, what they were looking for, what I was doing now and if I was interested.
    Second was a Panel interview: Everyone was very relaxed so it puts intervewee's at ease. There was about 4 people to the panel and it lasted about an hour and a half.
    Third was a one on one: tested my skills with another team member who was not a part of the panel.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email about 2 weeks later for a phone interview. It was very technical, the lady I spoke to was the director of software development. She asked about my skill level and some programming questions. I then was scheduled an in person interview. I was interviewed by 3 people in total- the director, the senior manager, another software manager. Was there from 3:30 until 5. Was told I would have an answer by the end of the week (It was Wednesday) and on Friday morning I saw the position reposted on Indeed.com.

Sales Operations Interview

Interview

Initially applied online through the website portal. There was only one interview with two people and it consisted mainly of situational and behavioral questions. Such as, explain a time where you faced an unknown problem and how did you deal with it. They wanted me to explain the details of my resume and how the skills from my past experiences could benefit the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you didn't work well with a supervisor. What was the outcome and how would you have changed the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Draper, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a technical phone interview, an in-person technical interview, and a standard interview with the manager totaling 3 hours. The interviews were very thorough to test skills and personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain a technical concept to a non-technical person?   Answer Question