Blue Coat Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.7

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

standard process with the basic HR questions...there was nothing out of the ordinary about it. The whole process lasted about a month. The key is to get to the hiring manager first. I don't know how things have changed in light of the Symantec acquisition.

Interview Questions

• what makes you tick etc...   1 Answer

Course Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems.

Interview

Recruiter was being inconsistent with questions in regards to benefits, salary, and whether or not the position was contract or FTE. Did not interview with the company, but the recruiter was very pushy. Received another contact from another recruiter for the same position position today. Nice to be wanted, but I will not deal with companies that cannot be straightforward on what they have to offer you.

Interview Questions

• There was none, since they could not be straightforward on benefits/salary/FTE vs contract.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems.

Interview

Took a little while but was overall a good experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in July 2013.

Interview

Boxborough, MA location, applied last year. Applied as a referral. Hiring manager called and did a phone screen. One on-site interview. Fairly easy interview, one networking technical question. The main thing is that the interviewers wanted to make sure I understood the position and the challenges. After the single round of interviews (~5 people), ended up playing telephone/email tag for ~2 weeks until I found out that they were unable to match the compensation I requested.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail (all layers) how a TCP connection is made.   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was (relatively) fast and efficient and included multiple interviewers from different geographic locations. My interview experience was led by an outside recruiter that was quite helpful and driven in this process.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to Blue Coat?   1 Answer

Contract Position Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems.

Interview

Extremely fair in the hiring and interview process.

Trade Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in March 2013.

Interview

A 45 min phone Interview with the employee I was to replace (who was moving to an overseas position with the company. This was followed by an in-person interview approximately one week later with the hiring manager and another employee I was to work closely with. Each in-person interview went for about 30 mins. The interview with the hiring manager was typical questions about my experience and the job itself. The interview with the employee I was to work closely with was extremely unusual. She came unprepared and when I asked how our 2 positions worked together she was initially stumped and said no one had asked that before. When I asked what she liked most about her job, she said "Today, nothing." She then went on to paint the company as disorganized, everyone having too much work, and from day 1 you "drink from the firehose". 3 days later I received a 30 min phone call from HR with some follow up questions regarding my interest and compensation. Less than a week later I received a phone call from the hiring manager with an offer.

Interview Questions

The company was offering me a comparable salary (no increase, giving commuting costs) and in my follow up phone call with the manager my concerns about the negative work environment that the other interviewer had mentioned weren't diminished.

Anonymous Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The work environment did not seem adequate. Some lights were on and a lot were off. Cubicles in disarray and unoccupied - tons of them. Not impressed...sinking ship feeling.

Interview Questions

• none really. everyone was OK in interview process. My concern was stability of company, which the mgr stated could be acquisition in 2013.   Answer Question

IT Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Draper, UT) in January 2012.

Interview

They posted an add on an online billboard and was hired that way. Interview consisted of phone screening then two additional interviews afterwords. Then about a week later an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really to technical was asked although it was supposedly a technical position. Mostly how do you get along with peoplem etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer you an amount and they don't negotiate really.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was very nice. People are good. From start to finish it was very smooth. HR called few times and had few telephonic interview before the in person interview. After technical interview, there were manager interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate well.