Blue Coat Systems Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.0

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

standard process with the basic HR questions...there was nothing out of the ordinary about it. The whole process lasted about a month. The key is to get to the hiring manager first. I don't know how things have changed in light of the Symantec acquisition.

Interview Questions

• what makes you tick etc...   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Coat Systems

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Interviewer was Director level and pretty much lifeless, like he didn't want to be there (and this was a Sales Director). Style was like a newby reading from "interviewing for Dummies". First question was "do you know what we do" followed by..."what are your strengths"? "What are your weaknesses"? "Tell me something about yourself" etc. Once you answered a question he'd repeatedly ask "what else?" over and over. It's all the generic interviewing 101 questions. Spend some time on their site so you can answer the "what do we do" question and have 3-4 answers for each question cause he'll keepasking "what else"? Also, Their competitors are listed as Cisco, McAfee and Websense but they view Cisco as their biggest threat as Cisco came up a often.