Blue Coat Systems Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Coat Systems Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in March 2016.

Interview

My interview was a horrendous experience. It's supposed to be a technical phone interview for a position in bay area. Interviewer was very defensive, it's not possible to communicate with him at all. He didn't ask any technical question but making very insulting remarks. I will not recommend anyone interviewing with this company, I can't imagine working with someone like that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Coat Systems

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and brought in. They asked me some simple questions at first. The questions got harder and harder as time went on. Overall I didn't find the questions too challenging. Stuff about HTML/CSS, Java and Javascript. Nothing was that intense. They ended with some white board questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you center a div on a page   Answer Question
    • Write an algorithm to traverse a binary tree and build a list of all the nodes in order of depth.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems (Draper, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a technical phone interview, an in-person technical interview, and a standard interview with the manager totaling 3 hours. The interviews were very thorough to test skills and personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain a technical concept to a non-technical person?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in July 2013.

Interview

Boxborough, MA location, applied last year. Applied as a referral. Hiring manager called and did a phone screen. One on-site interview. Fairly easy interview, one networking technical question. The main thing is that the interviewers wanted to make sure I understood the position and the challenges. After the single round of interviews (~5 people), ended up playing telephone/email tag for ~2 weeks until I found out that they were unable to match the compensation I requested.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail (all layers) how a TCP connection is made.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Coat Systems in April 2008.

Interview

Short and sweet

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initial offer was very good, took it