Blue Corona Content Marketing Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Corona Content Marketing Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Blue Corona

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Interview

It was a pretty lengthy process but I am glad they take the time to get to know their candidates so well. However, through this informative process I realized this was not the position or company for me. There were several interviews, one that was in person that took almost two hours meeting with 6 different people. Then I was given a couple worksheets to complete. Great people with good attitudes, just not the place for everyone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Corona

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Corona (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I went through three interviews and did two writing exercises. The process took about two months. I had a phone interview with the marketing lead, a Skype interview with 4 employees
     (one pair and two individually) from different departments, and a phone call with the CEO. After the phone interview, I did one writing exercise.

The interviews were not technically difficult. The writing exercise was a challenge because it was timed and unlike anything I had done before, but wasn't completely out of my wheelhouse. I really enjoyed the Skype interview (who ever enjoys a Skype interview!) and appreciated the friendliness every employee exhibited and their genuine enthusiasm during the process. That was a great sign that I would fit in with with Blue Corona's employees and their culture.

My call with the CEO was unlike anything I had experienced previously but gives great insight into Ben's dedication to Blue Corona. He really cares that every hire is the best fit possible for the role and the company.

Content Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Corona.

Interview

Overall, it's a very long interview process. It began with a phone interview, then writing assignment, then an in-person interview. It takes awhile to hear back from them regarding the position, and from what I could tell they are very selective on who they hire into their team. I'm sure there are culture reasons for this, but even if you are qualified you have to nail the in-person interview to move forward in the process.

Interview Questions

• Challenges you have faced in work environment, questions to gauge personality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Corona (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly drawn out and took place over about two months. It consisted of both phone and in-person interviews with somewhere around 10 people, I think. It was kind of stressful at the time to be in limbo for so long, but after experiencing the culture here, I understand that protecting it through thorough candidate vetting is important.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Corona (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a weird process where I was asked to basically develop a proposal with absolutely no concrete information. After submission, I was told other interviewees had developed more detailed presentations, including quantitative returns, which is impossible if you don't know what you're starting with/ what returns your already getting.

Interview Questions

Blue Corona Response

Sep 15, 2016 – President

Thank you for your feedback. Based on the content of your review, I believe you actually interviewed for the Marketing Director position.

You mention that you were asked to develop a proposal... More

Content Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Corona.

Interview

The process was short. The interview was scheduled pretty early in the morning (9am) and the person who interviewed me seemed very annoyed for some reason. It seemed like the interview was a chore for her so I knew a few minutes in that this interview was not going to go anywhere. After her only asking me three questions, I tried asking her a few more questions but only gave me the chance to ask one question. Overall bad experience.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Corona (Charlotte, NC) in August 2018.

Interview

I originally applied for the position at the beginning of July 2018. I was contacted by Blue Corona about a month later, and I had a phone interview. Then about a week after that, I had an in-person interview where I met with 6 current employees, 2 at a time. This was a bit overwhelming at first, but it's also the experience that confirmed I really wanted this job. Everyone spoke with such passion about what they do and I found that my personal values really aligned with the company. During the interview I also did some brief editing tests. A few days after the interview, I was asked for references. I was asked around a week later to have a phone interview with the CEO. Just the thought of it was super intimidating to me, but Ben was super approachable and we had a great conversation. Immediately following that interview, I was sent some written questions about why I thought this was a good fit. Approximately a week or so later, I recieved an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What values of Blue Corona's resonate the most with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Corona (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I had my first interview with the SEO Team Lead in the Charlotte office (the team I would be joining). It was a 30 minute phone call for me to learn more about the company and for her to learn more about me. Then I was asked to complete a writing prompt and send it back to her for review.

Two weeks later, I had my second interview with an Account Manager in the Maryland office. It was another 30 minute phone call, though this time the topic seemed to be centralized on communication and how I function within a team.

A week and a half after that, I had an in-person interview in the Charlotte office. I interviewed with six people: the Charlotte office's General Manager & Account Director, two Account Managers, a Content Marketing Specialist, the Director of Strategy & Analytics, and again with the SEO Team Lead. (Note: The SEO Team Lead was my point of contact throughout this whole process.) At the interview, I spoke with each person for about 15-20 minutes. I also completed a proofreading worksheet that was then reviewed by the SEO Team Lead.

The next week, I had another phone interview, this time with the General Manager of the Maryland office. She and I spoke for about 30 minutes, generally about the company and about me as an applicant.

I was then told that my references would be contacted (I provided four) and that I would be notified once they were finished with that process. I received an email asking me to schedule a time to speak with the CEO of the company.

Two weeks later, I spoke with Ben Landers, CEO of Blue Corona. Our conversation lasted about an hour and a half, and we talked about my qualifications and experience, as well as a bit more detailed information about the company's structure and what would be expected of me in the position. Ben really wanted to make sure that I understood the details of the position; they're looking for long-term employees and he wanted to make sure I knew what I was signing up for. We talked a lot about this. He was very open and transparent, and it was great to hear his perspective. He ended the conversation by telling me he was going to send me one more writing prompt, and then I'd be reconnected with the SEO Team Lead or the General Manager again for next steps.

Five days later, I received an offer from Blue Corona. The offer was fair and the letter was personalized, telling me exactly what they were hoping for from me as an employee and listing some basic expectations, as well as all of the legal stuff of course.

tl;dr - It's a very long interview process from step one to the final step (the offer), but it's clearly so that Blue Corona can make sure that you are a candidate that will truly deliver and that you will be a great culture fit for their close-knit group of employees.

Interview Questions

• Variety of questions to gauge skill level, interest level, personality, etc.   Answer Question