Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview

Interview

Had two interviews, the first was with a fellow coworker who spoke about the job and discussed qualifications. I was asked about familiarity with programs, what processes I do in my (then) current position and working styles. I was called a few days later for a 2nd interview with the supervisor for the position and one of the VPs. This interview was more personality focused (strengths, weaknesses, perfect job etc) and discussing preferred work environments. Both lasted about 45 minutes. I was told I wouldn't hear back for at least a week, maybe two, but got a call with offer a few days later. The process was relatively quick and I did not have to complete any assessments or tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated for 2k more than the offer.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Great interview process, laid back atmosphere and friendly. The interview consisted of the hiring team telling me I did a great job and that they'd hire me on the spot but had to follow protocol with two more scheduled interviews the following day.

Interview Questions

• Experience with reasonable accomdatuions and i9 experience.   Answer Question

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Response

Nov 4, 2016 – Social Media Manager

This particular interview was for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Advantage (BCBSAZ Advantage). Sometimes Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is mistaken for BCBSAZ Advantage, which is a separate... More

Senior Healthcare Economics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was efficient even though it was spaced out over a couple months. Interview questions were low pressure. HR and hiring manager were easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• How will health care reform possibly affect our department?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview took place between myself and two interviewers. It seemed informal, however I was asked lots of questions pertinent to the company's systems and policies. They were looking for experience and dedication to the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself five years from now?   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Take two phone screen with hr and hire manager first, after one week they let me go to the office. Manager did not come to the interview, just meet the team members. They ask some behavior questions and some basic questions about C# and Sql. The team members are nice and friendly.

Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview, 1on1 with manager and then a panel interview with random employees. The panel interview was a complete joke. The employees they picked for it seemed like they had never been in an interview before. None of them had any questions prepared and they all kept looking around to see who would ask the next question. None of them were even from the department I was applying for, let alone the position. They asked about a total of 5 questions, mostly easy stuff about my background and SQL. The manager wasn't in the interview either. I was told I would be notified shortly after the panel interview of their decision and still have heard nothing a month later despite multiple emails to the recruiter asking for a status update (not even a simple reply back). All of the negative reviews on this site about BCBSAZ are spot on. Avoid!!

.NET Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was late for on-site interview, and never even read resume nor notes prior to interview. Was very unprepared and questions asked were vague not well thought thru leading to answers they did not in my opinion help in a decision to gauge well qualified candidates. The interviewer came across as insecure, nervous and lacked self confidence, could barely make eye contact during conversation and stared at the resume and notes most of the time. I believe he felt threatened and intimidated based on most reviews of this company management is unsuited for their roles and lack the required skills, are not looking for candidates or employees who could add value to this organization but instead will be subordinates who are submissive and passive who will not challenge the little authority they are able to deliver based on their lack of self confidence due to limited skills and experience. It is my opinion that if you desire an opportunity and an employer that challenges your skills and promotes growth look elsewhere as this organization seems poisoned from the C Level down based on reviews and my face to face interview. If your looking at being a parrot with a keyboard and keeping the status quo by all means this my be the place for you.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, and a panel interview with three managers. Phone interview was at a higher level. Do you have experience with this or that, but not much detail. In person interview was very detailed

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Business Analyst and a Business System Analyst   Answer Question

Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona.

Interview

Manager was not interested. Job description not presented until after interview. Non-disclosure that job actually was actually what was stated in interview. Kind of bait and switch tactic it appears

Interview Questions

• Manager did not ask appropriate questions   1 Answer

Salary not competitive for position requirements

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona.

Interview

Contacted by HR for a telephone screening after submitting an application and resume through online job search site. Upon success, a telephone screen was conducted with department manager. Approximately 10 days later an in-person one-on-one interview was completed on-site with future manager. Approximately 2 weeks later a panel interview was conducted with 4 employees with different roles within the company including a future peer. Group questions were varied from technical to personality based. Interview seemed well rounded and not too overwhelming. Manager facilitated the interview process and sat in to monitor. Approximately 2 weeks later an interview was completed with the CIO. One week later a formal job offer was made at one grade lower than original interview process was created for. (Also to note, other new hires both before and after also commented on the change in job title at the time of the offer. This was not an isolated event.)

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected questions were related to personal visions and aspirations during panel interview. Question arose from future peer and in now way reflected the role.   Answer Question