Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Administrative Assistant III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

I had 3 interviews total- one with HR, one phone interview with a Manager I would be supporting, and one with the VP I primarily supported. The HR rep was pretty rude and curt, but my potential bosses were very nice and thoroughly explained the expectations for the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be able to get along with the rest of the admins in the pool, which I took to mean that there is infighting among the admins.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered 21 an hour with full benefits, which I was offended at, wanted 30 an hour, and finally accepted 24 an hour because this economy has forced people to take much less money than they have made in the past and than they deserve. HCSC/BCBS definitely tries to exploit new hires and get them to take the lowest amount in the salary range.

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Took almost 3 months to get a call back to interview. The hiring manager was pleasant and even complimented me on my presence, confidence and resume. Not sure why I wasn't selected but interviewer basically said referrals were favored. I had I know this I would have said my friend referred me.Recruiter did not return calls. Finally got a form email weeks after interview saying my skills did not match. Would have appreciated real feedback as my skills actually do match.

Interview Questions