Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.9

Technical Accounting Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.

Interview

Applied online, a few days later was contacted to set up a phone interview. After phone interview was emailed a couple of days later to setup an in person interview. Interview flowed easily for both phone and in person. Didn't hear back for 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• What job accomplishment were you most proud of? Tell me about yourself? Do you have group experience? How do you handle group experience? Any experience working with journal entry? Why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Specialist Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone and in person mix. Phone interviews are done first followed by individual meetings. Involved mainly situation type questions and asked if I had questions. Found it best to be honest and apply innovative ideas and your story into the dialogue. Folks love to see your authenticity and a glimpse into your personality, relax and show them. Very well done and professional.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to situation A utilizing your skill set and expertise?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.

Interview

It was pretty standard. Short initial phone interview with HR. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally an in office interview with 3 or 4 members of the team. The questions were all pretty standard as well. What drew you to this position. Tell me about your previous experience and how it applies here. Tell me about a time when you dealt with a problem in the workplace. Questions of this nature.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience and how it applies here.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I did a phone interview first with one person and than interviewed in person with two people. It was about a whole week interview process. They explained the job and the environment of the team.

Interview Questions

• What was my current job title   1 Answer

Investment Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Contract recruiter reached out - very helpful, knowledgeable and very thorough. The recruiter handled the interview scheduling, I met with the hiring manager and her supervisor about two weeks later. I interviewed in June and was told I would definitely hear something but it might be a few weeks - I never did. I sent follow-up emails to the hiring manager on two occasions as well as the recruiter but never received a response. The hiring manager and her supervisor were very nice and asked very engaging questions however the lack of follow-up after all of the efforts to interview were a bit disappointing, especially for such a large company.

Interview Questions

• Very laid back questions and all academic/work experience related. Questions didn't feel scripted at all and were very conversational. It was "round table".   Answer Question

Network Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.

Interview

they called me for an interview on Tuesday and i asked them to reschedule it on Friday as i had an exam.I prepare for the interview day in and day out ,wait for the call on Friday but no one called.I tried to call the hr ,she did not pick up too. After i called her repeatedly she called me to say the position has been filed.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I received request for a phone interview with HR one week after applying online. A few days later I had a in person interview with the hiring manager. The interview started 35 minutes late but was patient.

The third interview was scheduled two months with other team members and also started late. After four months of an interview process I took the lengthy process as a sign of not the right role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in healthcare? What is your proudest accomplishment and biggest failure from your career?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (Richardson, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was invited to multiple interviews. The process was sloppy and disorganized. There is absolutely no feedback. After investing time and effort in the interviewing process no one got back to me with a response. I followed up with an email and a phone call and still did not receive any response. Very unprofessional.

Senior Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Once your resume makes it through the initial screening process, you make receive an email from HR with some job related questions. If these questions are answered to the hiring managers satisfaction, you will receive a request for a phone screening interview. The next step would be a face to face with the hiring manager and possible some of the members on the team.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a situation when you created and implemented a new process   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

After connecting with the internal recruiter I was told to fill out an interview form with questions asking about my employment history. Then I was asked in for an in- person interview. Due to the reorganization within the company I was then actually asked to go into interview for a different position with a slightly different different division later on. This probably is the reason my interview process dragged out longer than the other's indicate.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time you had to give feedback for a co-worker's work."   Answer Question