Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

2.7

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The overall process is pleasant, though I was left in the middle of nowhere for nearly a month. I applied online when came across the job posting on LinkedIn and believe it's a good match. The next day, a recruiter sent me an email asking some basic background and logistic questions. I replied it and got an invitation to video interview right away. The recorded video interview took place on HireVue, and it's a mix of video recording and short answer questions. It seemed to me that they were really concerned about your interpersonal skills. After silence for a whole month (I even sent an email to the recruiter but no response), I got a call for the onsite interview. It's scheduled a week later on a Friday. It went really smooth. I was first being assessed by a panel on my technical skills (basic questions on core Java and SQL) and then behavioral questions. It took an hour to finish both but to me, it's like a breeze. The next Monday I was told that an offer has been made. Really quick process except for the wait between 1st and 2nd round interviews.

Interview Questions

• Many Java concept questions and OOP ideas, so beware. I was stuck on this: What is an object?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

1st round interview through video - behavioral and written questions, 2nd round on site - very informal and conversational, interviewed with 4 people from a couple teams, basic behaviorals and fit questions

Clerk Interview

Interview

what is the basic amoeba excertion process and why does it have an open bio molecule to describe the flagellation of paramoecium as bisexual and a reproductive hermaphrodite consisting of various levels of dis oreiented disorders by itself and means

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I got a digital interview. I answered 4 questions by recording and the rest by typing. The interview was easy, but they ask similar things on and on. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the situation that you worked with a person that is hard to get along with and what was the solution?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Applied on company website in 2012. The HR was pretty quick to respond and get a interview scheduled. I had two rounds of interviews: behavioral and technical. Interview questions were focused on Core Java and database queries.

Interview Questions

• select * from A, B
      If table A has 10 rows and table B has 15 rows, how many rows will be returned by the above query.   1 Answer

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC in October 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview and then they brought me in for a half day in person interview. I had 5 half hour long interviews. I talked to VPs and Analysts.

Interview Questions

• What are three thing you would like your manager to know about you?   Answer Question
    • I have a deck of 52 cards. I take one and throw it away. I pull the next one. What is the probability it is a king?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your exam experiences.   Answer Question

Community Health Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paxton, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Paxton, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I talked to a person over the phone to do a pre-interview screen to be sure I qualified. Then, after a few days I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. It was a little confusing due to the fact that I was told about two jobs and the one I was told I was interviewing for was not the case. Loved the interviewer. She was awesome. Everyone I met and talked to that day was very pleasant.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I was qualified for the role, but they could not afford my salary and said they would love to have me in another role if one becomes available. I am still looking when I see positions of interest.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (San Angelo, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

In person interview and written test.
    Hire vue interview.
    Online testing
    Phone interview.
    Went through the entire process , drug screen and background check, offer letter and I never got the job. They didn't even send the I am sorry letter or email.
    I was greatly disappointed.

Interview Questions

• When you told someone or gave wrong information, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I did a phone interview which lasted 15 minutes with the recruiter, then did a phone interview which lasted one hour with the hiring manager. Subsequently did a face to face interview with the hiring manager and two colleagues. The second interview lasted for one hour and it entailed questions about experience and scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were expected. there were no difficult questions   Answer Question