Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Met with the recruiter at a career fair, which led to an exchange of contact information.
    Steps are as follows...
    1 - Applied online
    2 - HR Behavioral Interview (Video Recorded)
    3 - In Person Interview (Technical)
    4 - Offer was made

Interview Questions

• Basic programming concepts and software development components   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

After connecting with the internal recruiter I was told to fill out an interview form with questions asking about my employment history. Then I was asked in for an in- person interview. Due to the reorganization within the company I was then actually asked to go into interview for a different position with a slightly different different division later on. This probably is the reason my interview process dragged out longer than the other's indicate.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time you had to give feedback for a co-worker's work."   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Took a test and had 3 interviews. Test was on spelling, punctuation and math. Interviewed with Marketing Reps and an Account Rep. When offer was made, sent straight to on-site health clinic for drug screen (hair strands). Did not wart the position until 2 months later.

Phone Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was ok I did not find the questions relevant to the position.The young lady was a little late but well prepared.She was also pleasant and comforting.They can do a little better next time with the process.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC Response

Jun 13, 2017 – HR Officer

I believe this has been left on the wrong company profile as we are Blue Cross for Pets which is an animal charity based in the UK.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the bcbs website, then i got an email to state my availability and set up an interview date. Two phone interviews, then a review of how the interview process went and then I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent project you worked on?   1 Answer

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and through my university's Handshake portal. I got an e-mail later for a video interview. I was contacted for an on-site interview with 2 employees 3 weeks later. Very organized and streamlined process.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java and OOP questions. Some database and SQL questions as well. Very organized and smooth interview with some well-mannered and courteous interviwers.   Answer Question

Interview

K Applied online the process took 4+ weeks.
    Process took 3 steps:
    1. Video recording with behavioral questions
    2. Technical interview with behavioral
    3. Video call with technical interview.
    The recruiting team was very helpful and interviewer are very friendly.

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Technical and Behavioral interview with two different people, I did not fell good about the interview at this place. The position was for new grad, but they expect to have a lot of work experiences.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, wait for about 1 month, get a call from HR and told me that he can schedule an interview. Wait for another week, get an phone interview invitation. It is a 2 round phone interviews, 1 for 1 hour, and the other for 30 minutes. The 1 hour interview is basic java, spring, spring mvc, hibernate and sql questions, the second is about behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• what's the collections, difference between list, array, map, set.
      what's the annotation in spring and what they are used for
      what's the enumset, identifyhashmap, sql, hibernate, web service, soap, wsdl, wsal

Behavior questions
      why hcsc
      pick a time when you are bababbb and what you do and what's the result. give an example   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy interview. Panel of all of the Procurement managers where they all took turns asking questions. Most of the questions were just about background and past roles and how I had dealt with certain situations on my resume. They also asked why I wanted to work for HCSC.