Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in July 2019.

Interview

Super professional and smooth process. They definitely keep in contact with you throughout.

Applied on their website. An HR rep responded back within 5 hours to set up a video interview. The first interview was automated and could be done at anytime. Pre-recorded questions were asked and I responded to the questions.

Had a live video interview with my future team about a week later. Good mix of personality, employment history and technical questions. They told me a few days later that they wanted an in person meeting. The in person meeting was a series of meeting with various team members, followed by a team lunch. After that, I met with the director and was offered the job on the spot.

Applications Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC in February 2020.

Interview

No Process. Talent Acquisition in this company is a Joke. They won't schedule any time to have the initial conversation, but just try to call you whenever they are free and then send automated email 'decided to pursue other candidates'.

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in January 2020.

Interview

Virtual interview using your camera and mic on your pc. They ask a question and you have so long to answer and then move on to the next question. Has to be a quiet area where you will not be disturbed for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a deadline to meet and failed. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC in December 2019.

Interview

I had a brief call with a representative over the phone before my first interview. I was asked to go to their office for an hour long interview, half behavioral, half technical.

The behavioral interview questions were fine, but the technical part of the interview that were very strange. Many of the questions seemed cherry picked and were simply asking for abbreviating of software development terms.

After the in-person interview, they apologized for the weirdness with the technical portion of the interview and asked me to do a 30 minute phone interview again. This time all the questions were technical and were much more standard. OOP questions, SQL questions, and Java questions.

Got the offer a few days later, and they only gave me 2 days to accept to reject. Offered $65k, which is low-balling for Chicago, so I asked them to at least go to $70k but they refused so I rejected the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between overloading and overriding in Java?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online and did phone screen with recruiter. 5 weeks passed and then I was re-contacted by recruiter who apologized and said the position had been temporarily paused but they were moving forward and asked if I was still interested. Had additional discussion with recruiter, then asked to come for onsite which required interstate travel. Travel was covered and recruiter was helpful in ensuring the process was smooth. However, interviewers seemed very rushed and not necessarily focused on exploring what value I could bring to the role. One interviewer was substituted at the last minute, was a recent hire, and didn't have time to review my resume before the meeting. Additional video interview 2 days later with someone who couldn't be at the onsite. Questions were a mix of behavioral-based and exploratory as to my style and industry experience. Not bad, but so rushed (and a couple interviewers talked for 10-15 minutes first) I didn't feel I had a chance to demonstrate what I could bring to the role nor ask questions that would inform my ability to determine if the fit was right. In the end, an auto-generated "thanks but no thanks" email was sent a couple of weeks later.

Senior Manager EPMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Naperville, IL) in July 2019.

Interview

A phone screen was set up by a recruiter. The manager who interviewed me was polite and professional on the phone. The recruiter was supposed to set up an in person interview the following week. The invite never came and I had to follow up. The interview was then delayed 3 weeks. I showed up to the interview and the manager was 10 minutes later and then did not know where the conference room was. We then called a second interviewer on speaker phone. Neither woman was prepared or had even reviewed my resume. They had no questions prepared. I led most of the conversation and it was a very strange hour. I found the organization to be very unprofessional. I need a new job but really don't want this one. I've never heard anything back at all.

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online after I was referred to the position by an employee in the company. They sent out an online assessment which included behavioral questions (video recording) and a few technical (coding) questions. After this I was invited to an onsite interview at the Richardson office. I was interviewed by two developers.

The interview was ridiculous I felt and a waste of my time. It felt like they were never really interested in hiring me/already had their candidate to hire in place. I was asked very basic questions which given the job description-based expectations of a candidate, were very very simple to answer. It did not involve any coding.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I did application on 4/2, did a digital interview within a week. They called by 4/25. In person interview with two managers in 5/3. I was offered a job 5/ 13. Background and drug test completed 5/17!

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview started with the introduce me to the three interviewers. Then it was mostly straight forward business analysis questions. Later they explained the team structure and the project and the expectations from the role.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC.

Interview

The interview process was positive, with solid, comprehensive questions asked and a good overview of the position from the hiring manager. Following the in person interview, the manager responded to my thank you email saying they would be in touch regarding next steps.

After two weeks with no contact from the recruiter, I emailed to inquire as to the status of the position. The recruiter responded that he would be in touch. Finally, after sending additional follow-up emails over the course of four weeks, I gave up after never hearing back from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience tie in with the responsibilities of this role?   Answer Question