Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I did a phone interview which lasted 15 minutes with the recruiter, then did a phone interview which lasted one hour with the hiring manager. Subsequently did a face to face interview with the hiring manager and two colleagues. The second interview lasted for one hour and it entailed questions about experience and scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were expected. there were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Unit Manager User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

First step was with hiring manager phone screen. Then in person interview with hiring manager and several of team members. Hiring manager is a doctor and not UX/creative. It took 4 hours at their Chicago location. I didn't hear back at all for 3 weeks after on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Did you know there's another role that's open that may be a better fit? (from jr designer - Pretty inappropriate and irrelevant question)   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with unrealistic timelines and requests?   1 Answer
    • Team structure and org.   1 Answer

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Marion, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied according to the instructions on Indeed.com.

A couple of days later I got an email asking me to take a skills test. The first was customer service. I passed all 4 scenarios. The second was information processing speed. It was about 45 minutes total.

About 3 days after that I had a call from the local office asking for an on the spot phone interview. I didn't have my resume and the woman asked questions in great detail on each job. She also wanted to know who I knew that worked at our local office. At that time she told me they would be doing interviews all the next week. I set mine for Monday at 9.

There were 6 of us at a time and it was all very formal. We were led into a room of computers and given a scenario and told to figure out how to respond to that customer based on the company policies we were given. Supposedly no right or wrong answers.

After that we we were led into a holding room and taken one by one into a room with an angry customer on the phone that we had to figure out how to handle. A few of the girls were crying because they weren't expecting it but obviously we were supposed to do the same thing we did on the skills test. Keep them from hanging up angry.

Finally we were taken for a lengthy interrogation (not even an exaggeration) about our previous jobs, scenarios, "tell me about a time's". One lady interrogated while another one typed.

Then we were led out. The end.

I wasn't chosen and while I don't understand why, I was told by two of the interviewers that I was a great fit, I'm more upset about not being contacted and told that. I gave at least 7 hours to this process, they could've at least shown some appreciation and sent an email. I really really think a lot less of them and wouldn't apply again.

Assistant Informatics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interviews with very basic resume overview questions. They were friendly and wanted to keep it as a free flowing conversation to get to know you. Then an in-person interview with 3 different members of the team for 30 mins each. Again, very conversational but this time a bit more technical questions about the projects I'd worked on at my previous employer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Process took 8 months for me. HR associate managed the whole process. HR manager came in between a few times to check. Total interview hours was 8.5 hours - 1 hour for HR, 2 hours technical by phone and 5 hours onsite interview in Chicago. They were thorough. This process took about 2 weeks. They came back with the offer 6 months later and another 30 min technical interview!

Interview Questions

• What will you do if the CEO or an executive asked to do something against commonsense security.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

I met with two senior market analysts, and they were really nice and friendly. They asked about my experience and how I feel about working at healthy care industry. Although I didn't get an offer, I think it's nice to work with the company.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Preliminary phone interview - I don't know the outcome yet. She said they already had people in the interview process, not sure why she was collecting my salary information then.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary   1 Answer
    • How much did you make in bonuses   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa Park, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Iowa Park, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was set-up for Mon @1PM they then stated that I needed to take some tests. I have been in this industry since I was 14 yrs. old so I thought okay I have worked here before it cannot have changed much. I was wrong and found out through email that I had not passed the test and so there would not be an interview. I found this out 30 minutes AFTER 1PM.

Interview Questions

• What were my reasons for leaving last job.   1 Answer

Business Architect Interview

Interview

It was straight forward, casual .Mostly oriented around performance, functional work experience and leadership questions. Mostly soft skills and push back capabilities. Questions also revolved around architecture experience and taking initiatives. Proactive work capacity

Interview Questions

• How do you identify the Pigs and the chicken   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

This might be the worst interview of my career, I was invited to a job fair by one of the recruiters and it appeared it invited all of the DFW area. We waited for 3 hours to be interviewed with not as much as a water fountain in site. Once I was interviewed it lasted maybe 5 minutes with the recruiter telling me I was over qualified for the positions and she would call me the next day. She did call me the next day to tell me I would never get a job there unless i met all of the primary and secondary qualifications and she did this very rudely saying she would not waste her time on someone that did not meet every last qualification that was listed even the ones that were listed as nice to have.