Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Met with the recruiter at a career fair, which led to an exchange of contact information.
    Steps are as follows...
    1 - Applied online
    2 - HR Behavioral Interview (Video Recorded)
    3 - In Person Interview (Technical)
    4 - Offer was made

Interview Questions

• Basic programming concepts and software development components   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Took a test and had 3 interviews. Test was on spelling, punctuation and math. Interviewed with Marketing Reps and an Account Rep. When offer was made, sent straight to on-site health clinic for drug screen (hair strands). Did not wart the position until 2 months later.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

After connecting with the internal recruiter I was told to fill out an interview form with questions asking about my employment history. Then I was asked in for an in- person interview. Due to the reorganization within the company I was then actually asked to go into interview for a different position with a slightly different different division later on. This probably is the reason my interview process dragged out longer than the other's indicate.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time you had to give feedback for a co-worker's work."   Answer Question

Phone Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was ok I did not find the questions relevant to the position.The young lady was a little late but well prepared.She was also pleasant and comforting.They can do a little better next time with the process.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC Response

Jun 13, 2017 – HR Officer

I believe this has been left on the wrong company profile as we are Blue Cross for Pets which is an animal charity based in the UK.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the bcbs website, then i got an email to state my availability and set up an interview date. Two phone interviews, then a review of how the interview process went and then I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent project you worked on?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, wait for about 1 month, get a call from HR and told me that he can schedule an interview. Wait for another week, get an phone interview invitation. It is a 2 round phone interviews, 1 for 1 hour, and the other for 30 minutes. The 1 hour interview is basic java, spring, spring mvc, hibernate and sql questions, the second is about behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• what's the collections, difference between list, array, map, set.
      what's the annotation in spring and what they are used for
      what's the enumset, identifyhashmap, sql, hibernate, web service, soap, wsdl, wsal

Behavior questions
      why hcsc
      pick a time when you are bababbb and what you do and what's the result. give an example   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy interview. Panel of all of the Procurement managers where they all took turns asking questions. Most of the questions were just about background and past roles and how I had dealt with certain situations on my resume. They also asked why I wanted to work for HCSC.

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Internal recruiter found me on LinkedIn.
    Phone screen with recruiter and in person interview with 3 teams: HR, behavioral and technical.
    Behavioral interview was with 2 managers.
    Technical interview was with 2 software engineers.
    I received an offer within 2 days, accepted it.
    It took 4 more weeks to complete all paper work and background checks
    to start on the job.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC.

Interview

It was pretty standard. Short initial phone interview with HR. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally an in office interview with 3 or 4 members of the team. The questions were all pretty standard as well. What drew you to this position. Tell me about your previous experience and how it applies here. Tell me about a time when you dealt with a problem in the workplace. Questions of this nature.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience and how it applies here.   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC.

Interview

Hiring process is through Kelly Services. I did not go through an interview. I just walked in handed my resume and stated that I would like to work at BCBS. No testings or assessment was given.

Negotiation

No negotiation. At that time, base pay was $9.14 to start.

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC in November 2008.

Interview

I applied online, and then was called for an interview. There were about 20 people who showed up at exactly the same time I did. Then we all had to go take tests on computers. One was a typing accuracy test, and the other was a kind of logic test. Then after they had our results, they called about 6 of us back for 2 on 1 interviews, and told everyone else that if you name wasn't called you could go home. Then about a week later, I got a call that the job started in 2 months if I wanted it, but I had to pass the background check and drug test (which is the one where they chop of chunk of your hair out).The background check was a real hassle for me because I have moved around and some of the places I used to work weren't open anymore. I ended up having to bring in old W2s to prove that I used to work there. I got a call about 2 weeks later offering me the job. When I showed up on my first day, I was the only one who was hired out of my entire interview group.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time that you had to make a hard decision on your own, and couldn't ask a supervisor for help.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. It was very take it for leave it.